Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Well, I'm not arguing. Regium made the first chapter and part two, where am I wrong? In the old version, you can even see it in the dialogues, which is what I wrote.
He didn't make the first chapter, he rendered it.

This has been discussed 100 times already. The fact that Ocean bought a new Genesis and improved the image does not make the game better. No one asked him to do this, everyone was against it, because with new renders the meaning of the game changed. If Ocean had simply improved the image without changing the dialogues, I think there would not have been so much negativity.

Why did you decide that the image quality affects anything in AVN? Ocean's images are more beautiful than DPC's, but at the same time he has 10 times fewer patreons. NLT has generally terrible images, but at the same time he also has more patreons than Ocean. If you compare these artists, then only Ocean treats his fans the worst. Maybe this is the problem?
You gotta stop with DPC. No dev have more patreon than him. And his render are good. Yes, not as good as Ocean, but still good nonetheless.

You don't have to ask him anything, it's HIS game. If you are telling me that changing this : b81.png x205.png x272.png b54.png b215.png x80.png
To what we have now, was "unnecessary" , you are deluded. The gap is too wide.

It doesn't work like that. Even abandoned games have subscribers on Patreon because people buy support for a year straight away and when they leave, their support is still shown.

This is the funniest attempt at deception I've ever seen. :ROFLMAO:You say his Patreon is strong and growing and then you post a picture of his stats that contradicts your words. This is just genius...:KEK:
I'll even highlight the rating drop in red on the chart
I know you have difficulties reading, but His patreon, despite SG being on a halt for the remake, is at the level of mid/end of 2023. After a year or more without content, his patreon is steady and hold. If it was any other dev, the patreon would have taken a nosedive onto nothingness. And again, reading comprehension, I didn't say his patreon grow, I said it WILL grow once season 2 is here.

I wanted to check your other messages to see what's what, and Oh boy I wasn't disappointed.

SCREEN.jpeg SCREEN2.jpeg SCREEN3.jpeg

LMAO full (2).png your messages over 3 months are exclusively about summer's gone and how much you hate it :KEK:. Goddamn, you behave like an ex-girlfriend with hurt feeling, who's stalking her ex bf with tears in her eyes trying to talk shit at every turn :KEK:
Seek help dude. I understand hating the game, it's fine. Say your piece and move on. But now? Come on dude, to behave like that, Ocean must have hurt you somewhere.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Clearly? At least? Nothing is clear other than Ocean hasn't clarified. My take is that Noji was intended as an adopted parent, and it's possible they are step siblings. But equally likely is that Noji is their foster parent, whether formally or informally. If informally, that would explain Jenna's comment about Noji having "done the right thing". ie if Noji has done all this off the books, out of loyalty to Nika and Nami's parents, whoever they are, that would explain why a doctor is poor, raising two kids with no partner and no sweet govt kickbacks. Saying Noji "did the right thing" is a really, really weird comment which I'm sure we'll find out more about. Especially the way Ocean zooms in on Jenna's eye right after as she keeps the secret of what Noji did. If it was just a simple explanation, Ocean wouldn't need this setup in the bookclub. This implies it's far more of a drama that is really part of the story, and Ocean's clumsy fumbling with Noji's surname is him trying to work out the best way to tell that part.

And yes patreon made it hard, but there's no indication Noji was ever married that I can recall, she's looked after Nika and Nami since they were 3 and 4, they'd know about any photos of ex husbands in the 15 years they've lived with her. Nika recalls his mums voice reading to him... Basically we really know nothing other than they live with Noji and she is their undefined caregiver, and her surname is Miyazaki, not Cyrus. This means most likely foster parent/guardian. We don't even know if Nami's surname is Cyrus, only that Nika's is - you can check the script for that easily. This is just all we have to really go on, and it's not much.
I think that the lack of clarification from Ocean part can be interpreted as a confirmation, he had plenty of opportunities to make a clear statement, in game, of the nature of their relationship, that added to the media and its code words plus WiaB and older SG versions... I don't blame anyone for making assumptions. But I find your observation over Jenna comment interesting, I always assumed that it was related to keep Nami and Nika away from the Zanes, did not read much into it at first but am curious now.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
I think that the lack of clarification from Ocean part can be interpreted as a confirmation, he had plenty of opportunities to make a clear statement, in game, of the nature of their relationship, that added to the media and its code words plus WiaB and older SG versions... I don't blame anyone for making assumptions. But I find your observation over Jenna comment interesting, I always assumed that it was related to keep Nami and Nika away from the Zanes, did not read much into it at first but am curious now.
Frankly, I would take offense if Ocean went with the route of MC being a Zane, rather than Nami/MC being siblings (or not). The interaction with Katie was weird

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
It's less ridiculous than landlady's and roomies lol. That's how much I hate that shit lol. His unnatural muscle growth is.... I just roll with it lol. his hair.... I just don't even acknowledge how it or why it works. or how they're having a sleepover within a week of meeting or how Bella and Nika can become soulmates within a week lol. I think even Nadia commented on it, lol. Idunno, there's plenty in this game I don't know how I accept it. I guess I just like what I like regardless of fuckery in this game
:KEK:
I mean is a piece of entertainment media, it does not need nor should resemble real life with 100% accuracy. The reason you and most of us just roll with those things is because they provide entertainment and makes enough sense in game to be happening, it has passed less than a week in game but of this week 70% we passed with Bella and in this time they shared intimate moments that made them bond, is not something that would happen in real life so easily but the game make the leg work to make it believable same as Milla and Vic friendship. The hair and the muscle growth is the same, it does not reflect reality but it does not needs to, in this case style wins over substances, is more important have a good looking MC than a real representation of muscle growth and diet and all that. In the end even the best stories are just entertainment and will ask you to suspend your disbelief, there is no reason to hold SG or any other AVN in a higher regard in this criteria.

The problem is that the story does not make a statement over Nika's household relationship, it is written in a way but referenced in another that creates distortions and friction in the storytelling, granted not Ocean faults, but this things makes harder to just roll with it as we do with some many others thing.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Frankly, I would take offense if Ocean went with the route of MC being a Zane, rather than Nami/MC being siblings (or not). The interaction with Katie was weird
I love the ideia of Nika be a lost Zane, specially William's son, for very different reasons but in short I think it would server the story better, but I think that Nami has more chances of that. Katie interaction was weird as was the Adriana and Sasha glancing at each other over Jenna comments on William's backshoots, there is many weirds things in the book club, the problem is that we don't have a single clue as why they are weird so we go crazy with speculation.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Well the thing is, we'll find out while playing at some point. It's not an endless mystery, it's get more frustrating to Ocean to keep dancing around it, whichever side of the fence it falls. Current facts are that we don't know if Nami's a Cyrus like Nika, we know Noji isn't a Cyrus, and we have the odd way they interact. We'll just keep picking at the knot until the reveal of the situation, but we won't discover the answer before time I don't think. Ocean loves reveals, after all every render is intended as a reveal, which is why the thing with Jenna makes it seem like there's a far more complicatd undercurrent to the situation.

Yeah, I mean, Ocean used the same model for teenage William as teenage Nika in old WiaB, but current WiaBthere's a different model. Nika being a Zane and being abandoned means jerk Willi won all of WiaB by being a jerk, because he abandons his sprogs, except Ayua, oh and all Ayua's sisters/cousins. Maybe it's completely and Oedipus thing, Nika was prophesied to topple his father's empire, so he was left on a mountainside in a cabin where Noji could find him and raise him....

Smells like gorgonzola? It's cheese.

I'd be interested to see that prude Noji thought she could rescue NIka and Nami from being corrupted by the Zane influence, which presumes they have some connection, whether the Cyrus's were competitors and the Zane's took them as wards maybe? Also cheese, so I'm hoping for a better explanation at some point.

Reactions: LHDLLB

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Well the thing is, we'll find out while playing at some point. It's not an endless mystery, it's get more frustrating to Ocean to keep dancing around it, whichever side of the fence it falls. Current facts are that we don't know if Nami's a Cyrus like Nika, we know Noji isn't a Cyrus, and we have the odd way they interact. We'll just keep picking at the knot until the reveal of the situation, but we won't discover the answer before time I don't think. Ocean loves reveals, after all every render is intended as a reveal, which is why the thing with Jenna makes it seem like there's a far more complicatd undercurrent to the situation.

Yeah, I mean, Ocean used the same model for teenage William as teenage Nika in old WiaB, but current WiaBthere's a different model. Nika being a Zane and being abandoned means jerk Willi won all of WiaB by being a jerk, because he abandons his sprogs, except Ayua, oh and all Ayua's sisters/cousins. Maybe it's completely and Oedipus thing, Nika was prophesied to topple his father's empire, so he was left on a mountainside in a cabin where Noji could find him and raise him....

Smells like gorgonzola? It's cheese.

I'd be interested to see that prude Noji thought she could rescue NIka and Nami from being corrupted by the Zane influence, which presumes they have some connection, whether the Cyrus's were competitors and the Zane's took them as wards maybe? Also cheese, so I'm hoping for a better explanation at some point.
The problem is that it can't land on one side of the fence, so either Ocean keeps the ambitiousness all the way till the end or he has a hell of a ace up his sleeve to make it all make sense. Because is hard to guess Ocean can't say for forces outside of his power and what he can't say because is not the right moment for the story and so everybody interpretations is just as valid.

Cheese is good, Nika being William son in cheese as hell but being cheese does not make it bad. I think that there is good potential there and see the two different personality clash in a father and son dynamics seems pretty interesting to me. About jerk William... I don't think a good William can survive WiaB, he may repair his relationship at cost of others, but I can see a happy end for SG I don't think that there will anything but bittersweetness for WIAB

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The problem is that it can't land on one side of the fence, so either Ocean keeps the ambitiousness all the way till the end or he has a hell of a ace up his sleeve to make it all make sense. Because is hard to guess Ocean can't say for forces outside of his power and what he can't say because is not the right moment for the story and so everybody interpretations is just as valid.

Cheese is good, Nika being William son in cheese as hell but being cheese does not make it bad. I think that there is good potential there and see the two different personality clash in a father and son dynamics seems pretty interesting to me. About jerk William... I don't think a good William can survive WiaB, he may repair his relationship at cost of others, but I can see a happy end for SG I don't think that there will anything but bittersweetness for WIAB
What I mean by jerk William, is Ayua is looked after, but he doesn't raise a son. There's a whole bunch of half sisters that are Zanes. So both William and Leia and/or Katie hav been breeding, and obviously WIlliam and Leia have kept the Zane name regardless of who they really are. So if he abandons Nika, while looking after the others, it's pretty odd. But they Nika has the cool uncle who teaches him basketball. I'm wondering, what if Dylan is Nami's father (redhead) and William is Nika's dad? Dylan's not William's dad though. Just a random thought I haven't really thought through, but it shows there are endless combinations of possibilities if we stop trying to make the story go in one direction - Ocean has plenty of ways to surprise us. Ocean's job is to tell a good story that is captivating, not pander to expectations. I'd suggest the more he can through curveballs that catch us off guard, the better. It's not about compromise; SG has already left the dark theme behind, the question is, will Ocean write something that keeps us engaged? To some extent, Nika being a Zane is very pedestrian.

Maybe Nika is the unknown wild oats - like what happened with Mon, and Noji found out. Maybe Ocean's keeping it open because it's determined by your WiaB save in the future. At this point, Nika could be a virgin birth for all we know :coffee: :whistle:

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
What I mean by jerk William, is Ayua is looked after, but he doesn't raise a son. There's a whole bunch of half sisters that are Zanes. So both William and Leia and/or Katie hav been breeding, and obviously WIlliam and Leia have kept the Zane name regardless of who they really are. So if he abandons Nika, while looking after the others, it's pretty odd. But they Nika has the cool uncle who teaches him basketball. I'm wondering, what if Dylan is Nami's father (redhead) and William is Nika's dad? Dylan's not William's dad though. Just a random thought I haven't really thought through, but it shows there are endless combinations of possibilities if we stop trying to make the story go in one direction - Ocean has plenty of ways to surprise us. Ocean's job is to tell a good story that is captivating, not pander to expectations. I'd suggest the more he can through curveballs that catch us off guard, the better. It's not about compromise; SG has already left the dark theme behind, the question is, will Ocean write something that keeps us engaged? To some extent, Nika being a Zane is very pedestrian.

Maybe Nika is the unknown wild oats - like what happened with Mon, and Noji found out. Maybe Ocean's keeping it open because it's determined by your WiaB save in the future. At this point, Nika could be a virgin birth for all we know :coffee: :whistle:
MC being a Zane, the theory I have read is that MC is the son of William and leia, but was given to Nojiko in secret in order to protect him from something. Considering How WIAB is going to unfold, that's a possibility. But boy, I hope that MC is not related to the Zane or any big family. I believe that this approach is the most convenient when it comes to writing. "Look, the MC was always special all along!"

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019

Oh, I understand now what you mean. It would required a explanation, a reason as to why Nami and Nika are raised apart from the familiy, maybe their mother did not wanted to grow up around the Zanes - makes perfect sense to me - and William respected hers decision, don't think that it makes William a jerk, none father of the year for sure, but if he has a good enough reason I don't see a problem. I am not trying to push the story in anyway, am not saying that it needs to be this way or another, Ocean will tells his story, I just happen to like some theories more than others with the information that we have now. But I get you, Nika being William son is too obvious, too easy and somewhat of a letting down on the mystery, but I am fine with that, not because is something that I want but because simpler does not equals boring, as much as I like twist and turns plot twists and all that often I think that a good simpler story more engaging that one who tries to surprise you at every turn. As long as it is good cheese I don't mind it.

I like the idea of the wild oat and that Dylan could be Nami 's father or Nika's, less sure about a virgin, don't think that there will be one by the time WIAB ends. But given Katie at the book club some connection between them and the Zanes has to exist as to the nature of that connection, we will have to wait and see.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I feel the Nika and Nami are not from any of the main houses. Most likely they might be a part of a dead house. They were friends with one of the main houses. Just hard to believe the head houses especially the Zanes who would leave blood struggling. Especially William and Leia.
The fact that we talk about them as if they were ancient noble families does not make hiding one or two "embarrassing" children unlikely.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The fact that we talk about them as if they were ancient noble families does not make hiding one or two "embarrassing" children unlikely.
This is why I'm thinking Dylan as Nami's dad - he's got to find other ways while Helen's witholding. He could easily have a one night stand with someone, and doesn't even know he's a dad again. That would make Nami Katie's long lost sister. Nami's 19, could easily be a WiaB baby, while the others are probably too young.

I guess what I'm thinking here is the common theories are "Hero McGigachad births a dynasty, and Nika is the heir, woooo!" and they're obscuring other potential paths that might reveal cooler stories. Katie says hi to Nika, but takes more time (it appears) talking with Nami. She had no guess to know Nika would be there, because that was last minute, but Nami was already comfirned to join I think. Nika gatecrashed, so maybe his parent's aren't actually the interesting ones, but Nami's are.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes