LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Spoilers ahead! Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled! You have been warned!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While I don't -completely- agree is not like it never happened before, Ocean does has a track record. Regarding Summer, I don't really think that what happened to her will have much of a impact in the story, so far I think its relevant only regarding Nika and it works better this way, there is so more interesting plot points to explore than Summer.

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
That's a really interesting point about the uncle - if it was an actual uncle, you'd assume Noji would have their contact. But the idea that Nika doesn't keep any connection with his uncle through this trauma is strange: surely Noji would be enlisting their help? SO I guess as you say, a mf.

And yes, I'm hyped for the dojo and the bar opening. Screw it, I'm hyped for next chapter, all the bits. My guess is we'll get strung along, enough answers will be hinted, but they'll just give rise to more questions: Answers will be indirect, hinting at new theories. We're less than 20% of the way in renderwise, so Frist act sets the scene, second act explains the problem, third act, heroic problem solving, 4th act, it all goes to shit, relf reflection required, fth act, the true understanding.

That's at least how a lot of RPGs go. Mysteries have to be tantalising and revealing layers until that moment when all is reval, and everything falls apart for the MC. Then still time to rebuild their courage for the end game. Same same but different in this cas I guess.
About Uncle Nicky.
Nicky tells Jeffrey about the school team "My uncle taught me everything I know. I was the team, the rest were average." Thus, the "uncle's" style is to prepare one super player who will make the game.
During an argument with Katie in the club, Jenna accuses Katie's team of unfairly winning because Katie's teammates only wiggled their butts in front of Willie. Thus, it turns out that Katie's coach also prepared one super player who "made" the game. So maybe it was the same person who prepared both Nicky and Katie. And finally, coaches Hill and Stahl say that the first team only has a few first-class players, the rest are average. So I believe that "uncle" Nicky is the head coach of the first team.
"Uncle" probably has a direct relation to the appearance of Summer in Nicky's life and after the incident in the cabin, he was forbidden to date Nika. I don't expect much from Niki's visit to the Ayua gym because I can guess who he will meet there, but I find visiting the yoga section much more interesting.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
About Uncle Nicky.
Nicky tells Jeffrey about the school team "My uncle taught me everything I know. I was the team, the rest were average." Thus, the "uncle's" style is to prepare one super player who will make the game.
During an argument with Katie in the club, Jenna accuses Katie's team of unfairly winning because Katie's teammates only wiggled their butts in front of Willie. Thus, it turns out that Katie's coach also prepared one super player who "made" the game. So maybe it was the same person who prepared both Nicky and Katie. And finally, coaches Hill and Stahl say that the first team only has a few first-class players, the rest are average. So I believe that "uncle" Nicky is the head coach of the first team.
"Uncle" probably has a direct relation to the appearance of Summer in Nicky's life and after the incident in the cabin, he was forbidden to date Nika. I don't expect much from Niki's visit to the Ayua gym because I can guess who he will meet there, but I find visiting the yoga section much more interesting.
I agree, I think William is the uncle. There were a lot of basketball scenes in the original version of WiaB, so it is not a stretch, but it is unknown yet if Ocean's kept that part the same. As we have previews of both Leia and Katie in gymwear there is all kinds of potential for this angle, we will see. We still have to wonder, if William is the uncle and was told to stay away, what does Nika believe about why the uncle is staying away? Nika is told his parents died, but what has he been told about his uncle? Because it is strange that he doesn't wonder why his uncle doesn't visit in the last 5 years. We know the uncle taught him basketball so he couldn't have been in the same car crash as the parents when Nika was 3.

I am interested in the dojo/gym with Ayua, because we've seen a few previews with Ayua's cousins? Sisters? Those she has mentioned before while drunk anyway. I think it will help establish a lot of clarity to who people are, even if it isn't told directly. And the yoga will be great because Layla seems like an interesting character.

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
I agree, I think William is the uncle. There were a lot of basketball scenes in the original version of WiaB, so it is not a stretch, but it is unknown yet if Ocean's kept that part the same. As we have previews of both Leia and Katie in gymwear there is all kinds of potential for this angle, we will see. We still have to wonder, if William is the uncle and was told to stay away, what does Nika believe about why the uncle is staying away? Nika is told his parents died, but what has he been told about his uncle? Because it is strange that he doesn't wonder why his uncle doesn't visit in the last 5 years. We know the uncle taught him basketball so he couldn't have been in the same car crash as the parents when Nika was 3.

I am interested in the dojo/gym with Ayua, because we've seen a few previews with Ayua's cousins? Sisters? Those she has mentioned before while drunk anyway. I think it will help establish a lot of clarity to who people are, even if it isn't told directly. And the yoga will be great because Layla seems like an interesting character.
It's funny that you didn't comment on the fact that I directly said that "Uncle" is the head coach of the first team:)))

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It's funny that you didn't comment on the fact that I directly said that "Uncle" is the head coach of the first team:)))
Well, it's not something I can or can't say, there's nothing there give any evidence or hint, so any guess is likely. The old version of WiaB William was supposed to go undercover into the college as a coach to suss out if there was anything dodgy going on with the cult/counsellors connected to the Warden. We don't know if this is the same, but current WiaB William needs a job in Wollust, maybe the previews with Zoey are William applying for a coaching job? And he has already said to Miru that they need to investigate the professor harrassing Kat, and Donna is acting like she needs to be investigated, and she's allied with the counsellor so it seems. So given all that, why not? I can certainly imagine it as being plausible, we just don't hav anything other than our impressions to go on right now though. Gefritzel could easily be the snake seen on campus.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
About Uncle Nicky.

Guys...guys....guys.....*shakes head*....it's really not overly complicated to figure out...

I AM everyone's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former landlord's roommate :WeSmart:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Guys...guys....guys.....*shakes head*....it's really not overly complicated to figure out...

I AM everyone's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former landlord's roommate :WeSmart:
I'm not talking about the relationship - I'm just talking about the "uncle" Nika mentions who trained him is most likely William. Not going to guess about any landlords other than Dana. Besides, no one needs a landlord when there's Dana already fitting the bill. And Nick, well, in SG there's no need for landlords, just homeowners, maybe bed providers? :KEK:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I'm not talking about the relationship - I'm just talking about the "uncle" Nika mentions who trained him is most likely William. Not going to guess about any landlords other than Dana. Besides, no one needs a landlord when there's Dana already fitting the bill. And Nick, well, in SG there's no need for landlords, just homeowners, maybe bed providers? :KEK:
I just want to say that Dylan and Jabba's not-son and Katie's not-sister were very lucky to find such amazing free house, food, clothes and amenities providers. As I stand here I can barely restrain myself from going out and finding my own little orphan to adopt. Can't picture anything more rewarding than spending all my hard earned money on someone else's child and put them through college! :LOL:

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I just want to say that Dylan and Jabba's not-son and Katie's not-sister were very lucky to find such amazing free house, food, clothes and amenities providers. As I stand here I can barely restrain myself from going out and finding my own little orphan to adopt. Can't picture anything more rewarding then spending all my hard earned money on someone else's child and put them through college! :LOL:
Gotta call her something other than Jabba though, Dana is not only the ONLY officially licensed landlord, she is also the officially licensed Jabba.

Maybe Helen can be Heffalump?

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
The thing is, if william is the uncle, as we all agree it most likely is. He can't really be Nika's uncle as both Leia and Katie are alive, so either Nojiko lied about William being his uncle or lied about Nika's -and Nami's ?- parents. We know that Nojiko lies, this is not new, but it raises a lot of question regarding the Cyrus and the Zanes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: rudy007

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The thing is, if william is the uncle, as we all agree it most likely is. He can't really be Nika's uncle as both Leia and Katie are alive, so either Nojiko lied about William being his uncle or lied about Nika's -and Nami's ?- parents. We know that Nojiko lies, this is not new, but it raises a lot of question regarding the Cyrus and the Zanes.
I have friends who used to introduce me to their kids as 'uncle' despite not being related, just being a family friend. Some parts of the world this is common enough, especially indigenous/tribal cultures. I'm not eastern european but I think it happens around there a lot. It tends to be a more familiar way of saying elder.

Also, someone might choose to call themselves that so Nika doesn't question who they are. Nothing has to be truthful about the uncle. Could be a random, caould be Noji's boyfriend at the time, and she was keeping it on the sly, could be genuine uncle William, because Leia's NIka's mom... could be uncle William because Willi doesn't want to be called dad... there's at least half a million possibilities and nothing's confirmed by that word at all. I'm just using it in the sense "the person Nika thinks is his uncle because he was told so".

In this sense, nothing prevents William from being Nika's "uncle" if Katie and Leia are alive, even if they're not related. It can just be the honorific used for an elder.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I have friends who used to introduce me to their kids as 'uncle' despite not being related, just being a family friend. Some parts of the world this is common enough, especially indigenous/tribal cultures. I'm not eastern european but I think it happens around there a lot. It tends to be a more familiar way of saying elder.

Also, someone might choose to call themselves that so Nika doesn't question who they are. Nothing has to be truthful about the uncle. Could be a random, caould be Noji's boyfriend at the time, and she was keeping it on the sly, could be genuine uncle William, because Leia's NIka's mom... could be uncle William because Willi doesn't want to be called dad... there's at least half a million possibilities and nothing's confirmed by that word at all. I'm just using it in the sense "the person Nika thinks is his uncle because he was told so".

In this sense, nothing prevents William from being Nika's "uncle" if Katie and Leia are alive, even if they're not related. It can just be the honorific used for an elder.
I know that can be a signal of respect to an older person, my own country does the same thing. Although once you are a grown up you tend stop using it unless is someone really, really close. So I my just be seeing things from a personal frame

Sure there are many answer, we are after all trying to guess which direction Ocean will go, and as always information is scarce. Uncle may refer to a actual uncle or some male figure to young Nika, I am just saying that if X - William is Nika uncle- is true so Y - Nojiki lied about his parent - must also be true so that the story can make sense. And from that try to figure out with direction Ocean may go, based on the questions it raises.

we may also took other lines of thought. If William is not Nika's uncle but a family friend is true, Nojiko may not have lied about either uncle or parent. but the questions it raises are very different from the ones that do if he truly is, and so are the direction Ocean may go.The uncle may not be William at all, though less likely, and so it raises very little questions and have no impact on the story. My point be is that if we accept something like William is the uncle we need to think how it can affect the story, regardless of what Nika meant from uncle.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I know that can be a signal of respect to an older person, my own country does the same thing. Although once you are a grown up you tend stop using it unless is someone really, really close. So I my just be seeing things from a personal frame

Sure there are many answer, we are after all trying to guess which direction Ocean will go, and as always information is scarce. Uncle may refer to a actual uncle or some male figure to young Nika, I am just saying that if X - William is Nika uncle- is true so Y - Nojiki lied about his parent - must also be true so that the story can make sense. And from that try to figure out with direction Ocean may go, based on the questions it raises.

we may also took other lines of thought. If William is not Nika's uncle but a family friend is true, Nojiko may not have lied about either uncle or parent. but the questions it raises are very different from the ones that do if he truly is, and so are the direction Ocean may go.The uncle may not be William at all, though less likely, and so it raises very little questions and have no impact on the story. My point be is that if we accept something like William is the uncle we need to think how it can affect the story, regardless of what Nika meant from uncle.
Even with William as a true uncle, we don't know what Noji knows. She might have been lied to about Nika's parents. We still don't know how Ocean's going to explain all of this, but it will be detailed and probably drawn out. Meanwhile the word uncle acts like a red herring, it waves at us and makes us feel like we know something, but really it's not that good a bit of evidence for anything other than Nika potentially believes that not all his family are dead, but he doesn't find it strange he's with Noji instead of his uncle's family. That's I think the most interesting point that was raised recently.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Even with William as a true uncle, we don't know what Noji knows. She might have been lied to about Nika's parents. We still don't know how Ocean's going to explain all of this, but it will be detailed and probably drawn out. Meanwhile the word uncle acts like a red herring, it waves at us and makes us feel like we know something, but really it's not that good a bit of evidence for anything other than Nika potentially believes that not all his family are dead, but he doesn't find it strange he's with Noji instead of his uncle's family. That's I think the most interesting point that was raised recently.
But if Willy really was his uncle, shouldnt Nika know his surname (and therefore be able to draw a connection to Ayua/Katie)?

Willy being his real uncle yet using a fakename (despite the fact that Nika seemling never heard about the Zane's) doesnt make a lot of sense.

The same would apply if he would be his father posing as his uncle, there wouldnt be really any need to fake the name.

Unless this is something like Nika supressing these Zane memorys (please no).

4.30 star(s) 528 Votes