BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
But if Willy really was his uncle, shouldnt Nika know his surname (and therefore be able to draw a connection to Ayua/Katie)?

Willy being his real uncle yet using a fakename (despite the fact that Nika seemling never heard about the Zane's) doesnt make a lot of sense.

The same would apply if he would be his father posing as his uncle, there wouldnt be really any need to fake the name.

Unless this is something like Nika supressing these Zane memorys (please no).
I think it was William, but I'm not sure whether they're actually related. Clearly Noji knows the Zane's well, seeing Leia and Katie both go to the bookclub, and she worked with Scarlet. We don't know if Nika is a relative, or possibly their ward, and they're getting Noji to look after him. Right now there are almost too many possibilities with no clear information to be definitive - and I believe that is on purpose for the story. My personal belief is that Nika isn't a Zane, but it'd be really easy for Ocean to make Nika anyone at this point still... so the word uncle acts as a red herring and draws attention to things that can't be solved right now, we only have our gut feelings.

We're looking at every situation in SG from it's importance to Nika, not it's importance to William or Leia or whoever it is that has a stake. They have goals that will be affects by how they treat Nika. William might have been the 'uncle' keeping an eye on NIka when he was really making sure nothing happened to Summer. We're basically looking for solutions to Nika's mysteries when some mysteries in SG might not be connected to him at all.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Even with William as a true uncle, we don't know what Noji knows. She might have been lied to about Nika's parents. We still don't know how Ocean's going to explain all of this, but it will be detailed and probably drawn out. Meanwhile the word uncle acts like a red herring, it waves at us and makes us feel like we know something, but really it's not that good a bit of evidence for anything other than Nika potentially believes that not all his family are dead, but he doesn't find it strange he's with Noji instead of his uncle's family. That's I think the most interesting point that was raised recently.
I am skeptical about Noji innocence in all that, I don't think she was tricked by the Zanes or whoever, she seems to know too much for that to make sense. And I agree, the uncle thing is quite minor own its own, but when added to all the other connection and bits of information it grows, not to something much bigger, but it certainly hints at more than we migh first think when earing it

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I am skeptical about Noji innocence in all that, I don't think she was tricked by the Zanes or whoever, she seems to know too much for that to make sense. And I agree, the uncle thing is quite minor own its own, but when added to all the other connection and bits of information it grows, not to something much bigger, but it certainly hints at more than we migh first think when earing it
I'm not convinced of any which answer right now, I'm just throwing out options to keep my mind open. Chances are it'll still be something completely different to any of my guesses anyway - sometimes I think Ocean simply delights in making hard to guess. :sneaky:

MisterHotPm

Jun 10, 2023
I'm not convinced of any which answer right now, I'm just throwing out options to keep my mind open. Chances are it'll still be something completely different to any of my guesses anyway - sometimes I think Ocean simply delights in making hard to guess. :sneaky:
Did you play the normal version or the patched version? Isn't the patched version the original and the normal version censored?

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
That is certainly true. I too am not sure of much as of right now, and is good to stay open minded. But the bit about the uncle, and if truly was William, it would meant a direct involvement of the Zanes with Nika -not Nami-, insted of the sugestived one we had so far.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Did you play the normal version or the patched version? Isn't the patched version the original and the normal version censored?
No, there is an official version of season 1 and fan made patches. The normal version is the only thing that will be updated, and carry on to season 2. The further along the story goes, the harder it will be to keep fan made patches that work.

That is certainly true. I too am not sure of much as of right now, and is good to stay open minded. But the bit about the uncle, and if truly was William, it would meant a direct involvement of the Zanes with Nika -not Nami-, insted of the sugestived one we had so far.
I certainly get that sense that is the case, I'm just trying to think outside of Nika's paradigm which is limited to the things he knows. If it is William, there is a reason that he is not open with Nika that probably has nothing to do with Nika, and probably everything to do with William's decisions in WiaB before Nika was born.

Reactions: LHDLLB

dlaskas

May 26, 2023
I have friends who used to introduce me to their kids as 'uncle' despite not being related, just being a family friend. Some parts of the world this is common enough, especially indigenous/tribal cultures. I'm not eastern european but I think it happens around there a lot. It tends to be a more familiar way of saying elder.
it happens in all the slav lands tbh.. in the balkans you're always "stric" or "kum", which means "uncle", "man", "guy", etc. depends on the context, but yeah.

so willy wonka can be just that guy or literally the uncle. either way, only ocean knows. i guess we will too, when he lets us know in about ~167 years.........
:cautious:

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024
It would be really funny if after years of guessing connecting Nika with Zanes it turned out that he is connected to Revera. For me Nika looks pretty much Latino and since he had to go to ZPR and wasn't given a chance to even consider other options then he could really be related to each of the three letters. Maybe Ocean uses WIAB just to fool us because we pay too much attention to Zanes in the context of Summer's Gone and we are looking at the wrong letter in ZPR.
If we ignore WIAB completely, then in SG Zanes mean nothing more to us than Petrova and Revera

Last edited:

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I certainly get that sense that is the case, I'm just trying to think outside of Nika's paradigm which is limited to the things he knows. If it is William, there is a reason that he is not open with Nika that probably has nothing to do with Nika, and probably everything to do with William's decisions in WiaB before Nika was born.
Oh I quite agree, whatever the reason is, it most likely is related to William and WiaB than Nika or Summer.

It would be really funny if after years of guessing connecting Nika with Zanes it turned out that he is connected to Revera. For me Nika looks pretty much Latino and since he had to go to ZPR and wasn't given a chance to even consider other options then he could really be related to each of the three letters. Maybe Ocean uses WIAB just to fool us because we pay too much attention to Zanes in the context of Summer's Gone and we are looking at the wrong letter in ZPR.
If we ignore WIAB completely, then in SG Zanes mean nothing more to us than Petrova and Revera
I would say that there are good chances of this happening, I would even say that it has a good chance of Nike being the son of the WiaB antagonist. With I think unlikely is Nika having no connection to WiaB characters, now with who and what type of connection only Ocean knows

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I would say that there are good chances of this happening, I would even say that it has a good chance of Nike being the son of the WiaB antagonist. With I think unlikely is Nika having no connection to WiaB characters, now with who and what type of connection only Ocean knows
This will raise many questions. Why didn't the relatives from WIAB take care of MC when his parents died? Why is he being raised by his mother's friend and not his relatives? Why did the relatives not want to communicate with MC and did not meet with him for all these years? and so on..... I don't think these games will overlap much, they are connected only by the fact that the characters live in the same city.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
This will raise many questions. Why didn't the relatives from WIAB take care of MC when his parents died? Why is he being raised by his mother's friend and not his relatives? Why did the relatives not want to communicate with MC and did not meet with him for all these years? and so on..... I don't think these games will overlap much, they are connected only by the fact that the characters live in the same city.
That certainly can be the case and I think would be easier if Ocean took this route, but given how much Ocean teased already I find it increasingly difficult to believe it. Also from a marketing perpective is smart, SG promotes WiaB, the less sucesful child but no less competent

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024
The solution may be that this is part of a deal that Nojiko made with an unknown character.
O.K you can take them under your care but if they ever go to college no matter what it will only be to ZPR. Now the question is whether this character is part of one of the three families or they are simply connected by some form of business or they have some history between them. It may be as LHDLLB says and the character from WIAB with whom Nika has some connections has not been introduced into the story there yet

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
That certainly can be the case and I think would be easier if Ocean took this route, but given how much Ocean teased already I find it increasingly difficult to believe it. Also from a marketing perpective is smart, SG promotes WiaB, the less sucesful child but no less competent
To wonder at this point how much crossover there is is strange when we know:

- Nami's earring, and Sasha's earring have significant importance as they keep getting mentioned and noticed. Vanessa and Ayua know about the earrings. We know Leia wore a pair, and Katie Zane is interested in Nami.
- Emilio is in both stories, and knows all the gossip in both.
- Katie is a major character in WiaB, and her presence in SG isn't a cameo. Her car is shown, she has a role in Stahl and Hill's basketball plan, and she's planning on seeing Nika again.
- Stefan is also in both games, and is likely to be minor in Wiab, and more important in SG. Zoey is mentioned as Bella and Amber's friend.
- Noji worked with Scarlet, and currently tries facing off with Katie at the bookclub and tries to prevent Katie interacting with Nika and Nami. Her interactions with Katie are noted by other characters, such as Jenna, so we can safely assume there are important revelations about Noji and Katie to come to light.

The question if they're interwoven is already clear. What isn't clear is if SG will act more like an independent spin off, continuing the legacy of Wiab or not. Remember that Ocean plans to have Wiab choices import into SG (after we've all replayed them too many times for it to matter... but anyhow).

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
To wonder at this point how much crossover there is is strange when we know:

- Nami's earring, and Sasha's earring have significant importance as they keep getting mentioned and noticed. Vanessa and Ayua know about the earrings. We know Leia wore a pair, and Katie Zane is interested in Nami.
- Emilio is in both stories, and knows all the gossip in both.
- Katie is a major character in WiaB, and her presence in SG isn't a cameo. Her car is shown, she has a role in Stahl and Hill's basketball plan, and she's planning on seeing Nika again.
- Stefan is also in both games, and is likely to be minor in Wiab, and more important in SG. Zoey is mentioned as Bella and Amber's friend.
- Noji worked with Scarlet, and currently tries facing off with Katie at the bookclub and tries to prevent Katie interacting with Nika and Nami. Her interactions with Katie are noted by other characters, such as Jenna, so we can safely assume there are important revelations about Noji and Katie to come to light.

The question if they're interwoven is already clear. What isn't clear is if SG will act more like an independent spin off, continuing the legacy of Wiab or not. Remember that Ocean plans to have Wiab choices import into SG (after we've all replayed them too many times for it to matter... but anyhow).
Oh I quite agree, at this point if the story are not connected it would be strange, still, have each game being its own thing while existing in the same universe would be much easier than have them interecting. My personal belief is that WiaB creates the scenario of SG, I don't want one to be a unofficial sequeal/prequeal of the other.

Reactions: rudy007

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Remember that Ocean plans to have Wiab choices import into SG
Still not sure how that is going to work...I mean, wouldn't that need to be finished first for choices to be imported....or are each seasons choices going to be imported into each new season of this....*confused Helmet*

Anyway....glad we all agree Katie is the best girl and the whole plot of both revolve around her awesome Goddess self.

Last edited:

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Still not sure how that is going to work...I mean, wouldn;t that need to be finished first for choices to be imported....or are each seasons choices going to be imported into each new season of this....*confused Helmet*

Anyway....glad we all agree Katie is the best girl and the whole plot of both revolve around her awesome Goddess self.
for seasons there still has the problem of needing one season to end to transfer the saves to the other, and SG is way ahead of WiaB.I think it will be flavored choices, nothing major as the branching would become insane. So after WiaB locks you on a path you transfer your LI and others choices like that ? I really don't know.

He specified saves ? could be that you answer some questions when SG reaches the point where WiaB choices matter ? like some RPG do ?

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I agree with you, there are many paths in the game and we can only guess which one Ocean will take.
The solution may be that this is part of a deal that Nojiko made with an unknown character.
O.K you can take them under your care but if they ever go to college no matter what it will only be to ZPR. Now the question is whether this character is part of one of the three families or they are simply connected by some form of business or they have some history between them. It may be as LHDLLB says and the character from WIAB with whom Nika has some connections has not been introduced into the story there yet
You may be right that it was a deal. But it only confirms that MC is not connected to ZPR.

Reactions: LHDLLB and rudy007

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Still not sure how that is going to work...I mean, wouldn't that need to be finished first for choices to be imported....or are each seasons choices going to be imported into each new season of this....*confused Helmet*

I'm not sure Ocean knows how it will work either (see below). But today it seems we will have some emergency Kat instead.

for seasons there still has the problem of needing one season to end to transfer the saves to the other, and SG is way ahead of WiaB.I think it will be flavored choices, nothing major as the branching would become insane. So after WiaB locks you on a path you transfer your LI and others choices like that ? I really don't know.

He specified saves ? could be that you answer some questions when SG reaches the point where WiaB choices matter ? like some RPG do ?
WiaB is planned to be shorter than SG, but given current trends, we'll be probably into SG season 4 before WiaB starts winding up. Complete guesstimate, based on WiaB having fewer LI's, and fewer chapters planned (less branching, plus shorter). Even then, I can't imagine anyone who has already releaded season 1 and played from the start to fix a mistake they made early on is unlikely to reimport their WiaB save and replay to notice all the flavour text.

I think it'll be flavour only, as I vaguely remember Ocean saying something about wanting to avoid a canon ending for the romances, to keep WiaB from feeling like there's no risk. Also to avoid players getting upset that their choices didn't matter in the end regarding their LI.

I imagine thinks like backshots comment about William will change depending on what you actually did, but it'll be (I think) only flavour, otherwise Ocean needs to add more renders to accomodate the changes. I think the same thing will happen with SG to some extent, as far as the main story goes. I'm guessing that even if Nika is unhealthy, he'll still get his mojo back for the basketball, but there will be dialogue suggesting he's not pulling his weight. He'll still be on the team and all that. I haven't tried it, but even if you lose the tennis game, I guess you win the street basketball? That's kinda what I mean - Ocean's not going to bury himself under implementing every possible choice, like Nika staying a noodle. Too many renders then, it'd have to be rendered on the fly to accomodate that level of change.

So the WiaB flavours will probably mainly include making Ayua awkward with all the stories about William, one liners from milfs who knew William and want to show their superiority by claiming one night stands or some such.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I'm not sure Ocean knows how it will work either (see below). But today it seems we will have some emergency Kat instead.

WiaB is planned to be shorter than SG, but given current trends, we'll be probably into SG season 4 before WiaB starts winding up. Complete guesstimate, based on WiaB having fewer LI's, and fewer chapters planned (less branching, plus shorter). Even then, I can't imagine anyone who has already releaded season 1 and played from the start to fix a mistake they made early on is unlikely to reimport their WiaB save and replay to notice all the flavour text.

I think it'll be flavour only, as I vaguely remember Ocean saying something about wanting to avoid a canon ending for the romances, to keep WiaB from feeling like there's no risk. Also to avoid players getting upset that their choices didn't matter in the end regarding their LI.

I imagine thinks like backshots comment about William will change depending on what you actually did, but it'll be (I think) only flavour, otherwise Ocean needs to add more renders to accomodate the changes. I think the same thing will happen with SG to some extent, as far as the main story goes. I'm guessing that even if Nika is unhealthy, he'll still get his mojo back for the basketball, but there will be dialogue suggesting he's not pulling his weight. He'll still be on the team and all that. I haven't tried it, but even if you lose the tennis game, I guess you win the street basketball? That's kinda what I mean - Ocean's not going to bury himself under implementing every possible choice, like Nika staying a noodle. Too many renders then, it'd have to be rendered on the fly to accomodate that level of change.

So the WiaB flavours will probably mainly include making Ayua awkward with all the stories about William, one liners from milfs who knew William and want to show their superiority by claiming one night stands or some such.
I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't think that Ocean can escape of canonise some aspects of WiaB. Auya and maybe Adrianna is proof of that, she is a Zane and if she is not William and Miru daughter would not make much sense.

4.30 star(s) 528 Votes