RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't think that Ocean can escape of canonise some aspects of WiaB. Auya and maybe Adrianna is proof of that, she is a Zane and if she is not William and Miru daughter would not make much sense.
But William isn't a Zane anymore. If Katie, Dylan and Helen are Zanes then Willi and Leia aren't.

Reactions: Srimanta

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't think that Ocean can escape of canonise some aspects of WiaB. Auya and maybe Adrianna is proof of that, she is a Zane and if she is not William and Miru daughter would not make much sense.
It will be impossible indeed. One of the interesting things about playing while it's being developed is that we see both time lines as the present day, we feel the anticipation in both stories. Emilio is a good example. We saw Emilio first in SG so even though by canon he appears first in WiaB, we actually see the older him first. It's like we have interleaved flashbacks to the past if we play both games as they're updated. The person playing Wiab first then SG once it's all finished won't get a thrill seeing Emilio and knowing he's a sly character who knows more than he lets on. The person who hasn't played SG just sees Leia's henchman.

So there's naturally going to be issues going both ways. We know the earring end up with Nami and Sasha, we know they're with Leia in WiaB. Our minds search to understand, without there being an explanation. The person playing SG after WiaB won't find as much mystery in the earrings maybe (but the earring happen in between the games I guess, so still a surprise). Then we hav Ayua, and that sets a certain canon, so we know even if William doesn't stay faithful in the game, he'll go back almost immediately. so there's a whole bunch of surprises and a whole bunch of leaked revelations that weaken the impact. Plus and minus. Still, I think it's far more interesting playing them as Ocean's developing rather than waiting for the end result.

Wait...I think my brain is extra slow today. What do you mean by this Bob? Why would Auya be awkward with Willi's stories?
I mean just like Sasha and Adri exchange awkward glances when Willi's escapades are mentioned in the bookclub, I'm sure Ayua will react to some comments made about (who I'm assuming is) her dad. Just an example of how I think the flavour text will play out, all the younger generation rolling their eyes as the older nudge and wink about their glory days in WiaB era.

But William isn't a Zane anymore. If Katie, Dylan and Helen are Zanes then Willi and Leia aren't.
Well, not related, but yes, we don't know what will happen to their names. Ayua is a Zane though, I'd be surprised if Ocean changes her name in season 2. I guess the next chapter of whichever game is released next will tell us what's happening regards some of that whole mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razrback16

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Yeah, if only an adopted child could take the last name of his foster parents...
Oh right! Because the prudes over at the big publishers make a distinction between adopted and blood family when it comes to fucking.

Wasn't the point of distancing William and Leia from the rest of the "family" to make future relationships with the landlady and the roommate more palatable?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You make a fair point.
Yeah, if only an adopted child could take the last name of his foster parents...
If they were adopted...that will still legally be incest....and we all know that's been completely retconned...so they can't be adopted now, can they?

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Oh right! Because the prudes over at the big publishers make a distinction between adopted and blood family when it comes to fucking.
You have the wrong information. "Prudes" doesn't care about morality, they care about money. And payment processors restrict their terms of use, which in turn reflects the publisher's rules. At least that's what I heard.
Wasn't the point of distancing William and Leia from the rest of the "family" to make future relationships with the landlady and the roommate more palatable?
Was it? I have no idea, all I know is that in the devlog Ocean wrote that two of them are now adopted. I don't think that changes much in i-matter, because whether they are adopted or blood relatives, they are still related, and that's against the TOS.

If they were adopted...that will still legally be incest....and we all know that's been completely retconned...so they can't be adopted now, can they?
I know, right? But that's what the developer wrote. And if they're adopted, they'll likely take their adoptive parents' last name.
Although no one said they were adopted by Zanes :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You have the wrong information. "Prudes" doesn't care about morality, they care about money. And payment processors restrict their terms of use, which in turn reflects the publisher's rules. At least that's what I heard.

Was it? I have no idea, all I know is that in the devlog Ocean wrote that two of them are now adopted. I don't think that changes much in i-matter, because whether they are adopted or blood relatives, they are still related, and that's against the TOS.

I know, right? But that's what the developer wrote. And if they're adopted, they'll likely take their adoptive parents' last name.
Although no one said they were adopted by Zanes :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Sorry, Ocean didn't say that. He said:

The only person related to William (MC) is Leia.
The devlog didn't mention adoption. We've all been trying to understand how it works because he hasn't defined exactly what's going on yet. But this is the wrong thread for this discussion, we should all go over to WiaB.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Sorry, Ocean didn't say that. He said:

The devlog didn't mention adoption. We've all been trying to understand how it works because he hasn't defined exactly what's going on yet. But this is the wrong thread for this discussion, we should all go over to WiaB.
Oh, the Mandela effect is very strong in the Zone. Although I'm pretty sure I saw adoption mentioned. Maybe on Discord?
Anyway, yeah, the wrong thread.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
It becomes the right thread because of Auya. We know her last name is Zane. We know Katie's last name is Zane. We know that William and Leia are no longer technically Zane's. At least not by birth. This is the right topic to discuss her parentage. There is now a much higher chance that she too is adopted. Which would probably make Adrianna adopted too. Hence the "everyone is adopted" meme in Ocean's Universe. And this started because you mentioned Ayua's awkwardness regarding William's stories. Even though what we saw was the awkward look between Adrianna and Sasha when the backshot stuff was mentioned :LOL:

I agree with Mavi. This shit is giving me a headache. Most things don't make sense to me at this point in the game. That is why I keep praying that Lord Ocean stops making changes and starts setting shit in stone from now on.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Oh, the Mandela effect is very strong in the Zone. Although I'm pretty sure I saw adoption mentioned. Maybe on Discord?
Anyway, yeah, the wrong thread.
I think we were the ones who started assuming adoption in the WiAB thread. And I mean why wouldn't we? Leia and William grew up in that household with the Zanes as far as we know. But maybe that isn't quite the case.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
It's common to both games, because Ocean's got too much stuff unsaid - so in that sense both threads have theories that are slowly crystallising regardless of the facts :coffee::whistle:
This is not normal to any fandom that goes too much time without answers. ASOIAF fandom at this point already write the books in their head and are waiting Geroge just say they are right. The questions that Ocean raises are a double edge sword, at the same time it is engaging the longuer he waits the more the fandon will be disappointed if he takes another route.

I think we were the ones who started assuming adoption in the WiAB thread. And I mean why wouldn't we? Leia and William grew up in that household with the Zanes as far as we know. But maybe that isn't quite the case.
Because adoption is what makes more sense and has the least impact in the story, But nothing was said about it in the devlog. the point about it make little difference to TOS is a valid one, and one that puzzles me futher os his decision. regarding how it affects SG, Auya can always be daugther of Katie or Helen or even Dylan with Miru, it just don't fit as well.

Reactions: RNasc4444

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I think Willy went thru all families in Wollust (good and bad) like a whirlwind and left many pregnant girls behind. And now those children have mixed feelings when they met on the street or in ZPR... More than enough children to fill a basketball team...

• Haha
Reactions: RNasc4444

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It becomes the right thread because of Auya. We know her last name is Zane. We know Katie's last name is Zane. We know that William and Leia are no longer technically Zane's. At least not by birth. This is the right topic to discuss her parentage. There is now a much higher chance that she too is adopted. Which would probably make Adrianna adopted too. Hence the "everyone is adopted" meme in Ocean's Universe. And this started because you mentioned Ayua's awkwardness regarding William's stories. Even though what we saw was the awkward look between Adrianna and Sasha when the backshot stuff was mentioned :LOL:

I agree with Mavi. This shit is giving me a headache. Most things don't make sense to me at this point in the game. That is why I keep praying that Lord Ocean stops making changes and starts setting shit in stone from now on.
Totally. But regarding Ayua, and her being a special case, we'll have to wait and see. If Ocean retcons her, he has to retcon the released season 1. Far too messy.

Easy solution for everything in SG: William is impotent, Ayua and all her siblings are Miru's via donor, NTR or otherwise. Now can we play that sweet sweet basketball with a side order of tabletop?That's what we're all here for right??? :coffee::whistle:

Last edited:

Miranha157

Oct 6, 2024

You know what else is giving me a headache? These ridiculous theories of yours!

Everyone knows that Will screwed up the whole town, and that he and Leia are both Zanes by blood, Vanessa is their daughter as is Nika, period.

4.30 star(s) 528 Votes