mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Hi Oceanlab, First of all,both of your games are amazing and one of my favs, The best there are in terms of relationships,the feels and all of that mushy stuff,bro Katie's childhood was probably the saddest and well written arcs there is in this industry,and actually made me wanna make it up to her,something that chasing sunsets failed to do for me (chasing sunsets is amazing game tho,i just dont really like the sister,im not hating on it by any means) and Nami is my favorite character in all of adult games, I have a question, Will you be remaking all of the chapters of WIAB? or will any of the 6 there are stay the same?

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
technically there are supposed to be 5 grand stories in the Zane universe each one taking 30 chapters so and only 2 being developed now taking up that 3 will be developed at later dates!
Thats great tho, i would love for him to make such great games forever tbh

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
Who plays this game for the sex, anyway? Most people totally forget about it 5 minutes into the novel.
I mean, I do? Don't get me wrong, the story is so good that I don't feel like I'm missing anything. But I can't say I would be as drawn to the game without the stunning visuals which have included some very sexy views :love:.

Let me counter: If Oceanlab had made this game with characters who were all realistic looking for freshman in college, with over-weight women, women who had pimples and blemishes, would it be as popular? The sex appeal is definitely a core part of this game.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I mean, I do? Don't get me wrong, the story is so good that I don't feel like I'm missing anything. But I can't say I would be as drawn to the game without the stunning visuals which have included some very sexy views :love:.

Let me counter: If Oceanlab had made this game with characters who were all realistic looking for freshman in college, with over-weight women, women who had pimples and blemishes, would it be as popular? The sex appeal is definitely a core part of this game.
I am not saying that sex, sexy characters and all the sex appeal the game has is not important. I love to see these beauties as much as anybody and probably more and I fall in love with pretty much every single render of these babes.

I also want to eventually be able to do each one of them. More than once.

My point is, sex in this novel is the cherry on top of the ice cream, not the ice cream itself. If the game is as it is but eventually has no real sex scene depicted it would still be an incredible story. I still would think that showing those scenes can improve the game a lot, not just for the nice fan service, but because sex can show so much into the characters and the story. After all, sex tend to be moments in which people are more or less free, have a lot of anxiety, are exposed and I would say can be quite wonderful and dramatic as every aspect of life.

For example, the scene in which Bella finally fucks MC and their fist time I depicted as two extremely nervous and not very honest pair trying to finally accept each other.
With Nami is more about how we break this current relationship we have to be something else, with all the taboo aside.
And what about Victoria? It would be great to see a sex scene when she still cannot walk, so full of drama and potential despair.

But, even without those amazing scenes, the game could be fantastic by simply having other scenes in place..

Anyway, the discussion is kind of moot. We will have sex scenes, but when Ocean believes the time is right for the story. As it should always be.

chazfu

Sep 11, 2020
l
Did someone else cry while playing this game. Man this game really got me man. I really like games like this, the romance is so rewarding. The animations are also good and well-placed.
I certainly shed more than a few tears because of this game, and the Katie arc in WIAB. Ocean has a talent for storytelling and character building that very few in the VN business can match.

• Angry
Reactions: Warscared

gaunterodimm

May 12, 2020
hey ocean,i seriously wonder if you started with daz3d when you were new to all of this or have you used another software to understand the basics and functions?

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Yeah well that's true but... recent Amber scenes aren't helping....the lap pillow she gave felt like heaven.
Oceanlab more of those lap pillow scenes plz.
The only pillow I believe in is Mila's butt.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hey ocean,i seriously wonder if you started with daz3d when you were new to all of this or have you used another software to understand the basics and functions?
I had no prior experience with any 3D work at all. I just started Daz, got some assets, and started rendering for WiAB. (My first renders are in the game.)

DenHarrie

Sep 5, 2017
This game got my attention with some pictures of women I might like. But then, on the first page of this discussion, I read that "a new start" is needed because of the code having been changed. And in the latest change log I read "- Nojiko's skin got replaced by much more high quality. (Still needs to be replaced in some earlier scenes.)" Which I understand to mean that a next version might force fans to replay the whole game all over again.
I decided some time ago to not play games that keep forcing you to replay from the start, until they are finally finished. If you ever get there, it might be that you really end up with 'a perfect game'. But how many people will play a game — even a good one — again and again, just to see a better skin on Nojiko?

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
And in the latest change log I read "- Nojiko's skin got replaced by much more high quality. (Still needs to be replaced in some earlier scenes.)" Which I understand to mean that a next version might force fans to replay the whole game all over again.
Why would a skin change on a charactermodel force fans to replay the whole game? The pictures/animations would have the same filename... Only a change within the code would do this.

EvilMojito77

Sep 27, 2018
This game got my attention with some pictures of women I might like. But then, on the first page of this discussion, I read that "a new start" is needed because of the code having been changed. And in the latest change log I read "- Nojiko's skin got replaced by much more high quality. (Still needs to be replaced in some earlier scenes.)" Which I understand to mean that a next version might force fans to replay the whole game all over again.
I decided some time ago to not play games that keep forcing you to replay from the start, until they are finally finished. If you ever get there, it might be that you really end up with 'a perfect game'. But how many people will play a game — even a good one — again and again, just to see a better skin on Nojiko?
I think the reason for saves not working was new code but I might be wrong, definitely not Nojiko's skin change thoe. Thats not how it works

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
No matter how great the art it was, is and always will be the STORY that's THE thing for me. Just sayin'. Over and out. (y)
I absolutely agree with you. There are many games that have great art and a shit story. I don't play those longer than it takes to find out how bad the story is. This game is amazing because of it's great story and art. The art helps sell the story.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes