Insomnia_z

Mar 6, 2020
Ya, Amber is just absolutely rockin'. Have a hard time concentrating on the conversation when she's there with her nipple studs...

Agreed. Good dev, but anything that takes upwards of half a year for a single chapter, I certainly wouldn't label as anything quick. And that's not criticism as I like the game also, but still a fair observation.

As a side conversation regarding the A6000s Oceanlab has talked about getting - has he talked much about selling the game on digital storefronts at all? Like others have said, I'd be open to buying the game on Steam or a DRM free storefront like GOG if he sells it there. The game currently provides 5-10 hours of gameplay so I would think he could easily sell it at those storefronts and get a nice cash-injection toward the A6000s in NVLINK he wants in order to speed up production time.
I hope im not mistaken but i remember that Ocean in a post said that after the release of chapter 5 he will release the game on Steam

Reactions: Razrback16

notakernelguy

Jan 10, 2021
But with the new equipment, it should be faster.
Tbh I don't believe it.
Ocean got himself a 3090 card a month before Chapter 3 release which took 12 months.
After Chapter 3 Ocean promised to release faster but half chapter still took 6-7 months. So the pace is still 12 months for a whole chapter.
And keep in mind that Ocean still works on his old PCs since A6000 is not ordered yet. He waits when threadrippers appear on the market.

Even with the most superior hardware Ocean will not release faster because he will always push himself and his hardware to the limit.

I hope to be wrong but keep your expectations in check. It is what is, just stating facts

May 8, 2018
Tbh I don't believe it.
Ocean got himself a 3090 card a month before Chapter 3 release which took 12 months.
After Chapter 3 Ocean promised to release faster but half chapter still took 6-7 months. So the pace is still 12 months for a whole chapter.
And keep in mind that Ocean still works on his old PCs since A6000 is not ordered yet. He waits when threadrippers appear on the market.

Even with the most superior hardware Ocean will not release faster because he will always push himself and his hardware to the limit.

I hope to be wrong but keep your expectations in check. It is what is, just stating facts
Not to mention we know that is a perfecionist, which means the better the hardware he gets, the more he's gonna try to make things even look better, which will further increase the time it takes to release. So don't expect better hardware = faster updates.

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
Reactions: _A.QH_

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Not to mention we know that is a perfecionist, which means the better the hardware he gets, the more he's gonna try to make things even look better, which will further increase the time it takes to release. So don't expect better hardware = faster updates.
But daz3d isn't the greatest for gpu rendering. When Oceanlab switches to Blender rendering should speed up a whole lot more

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I think Ocean creates a fantastic product, but he's mentioned the improvements he expects to make in the quality of the visual aspects of his games once he gets his desired high performance hardware (dual A6000s, etc). It's pretty clear that he'll push the visuals to whatever limit he can achieve, regardless of frequency of updates.

That's absolutely fine. These are his games and he clearly gets great enjoyment learning new things and pushing his skills. How he deploys improvements to his tools is absolutely solely up to him.

It's also worth pointing out that his monthly SubscribeStar and Patreon income is almost $6300. While there are any number of draws on that $6300, he almost certainly can afford his wishlist upgrades after 3 months of income. So we should expect those upgrades to arrive fairly soon, and we'll be able to assess the new hardware's impact on update times.

I've said before that whether you are a subscribing supporter or not, we are all watching and consuming a work in progress and any expectations of any shortening of the time between updates is solely in our own minds.

May 8, 2018
But daz3d isn't the greatest for gpu rendering. When Oceanlab switches to Blender rendering should speed up a whole lot more
Him working with Blender also means he's gonna be doing most likely even more detailed renders and animations, which take a whole lot more time. Either way, he's only gonna start with Blender with Season 2, which at the current pace, will only start being developed in 2023 if he decides that 5 chapters = 1 season. If it's 10 chapters for 1 season, then get ready to wait a whole lot more.

Pravsha

Dec 23, 2020
Alternatively, Ocean can reduce the volume of chapters to 15-20 renderers and release updates every day. Is that what you want? There were 1800 new renderers in Chapter 3, 1500 in Chapter 3.5. 3090 undoubtedly accelerated his work. It's just that the chapters are getting bigger.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Him working with Blender also means he's gonna be doing most likely even more detailed renders and animations, which take a whole lot more time. Either way, he's only gonna start with Blender with Season 2, which at the current pace, will only start being developed in 2023 if he decides that 5 chapters = 1 season. If it's 10 chapters for 1 season, then get ready to wait a whole lot more.
I foresee a point where Ocean has advanced his tools (hardware and software) and personal skills, so that he's determined the standard for his products. While someone with his motivations and personality will never stop improving his command of his creative process, at that point I'd expect he'd focus on advancing his storylines as rapidly as possible while meeting that standard, and the time between updates could shorten dramatically.

But I also expect we're a fairly long way from that. There have been a number of studies about how much time someone has to put into mastering something, and they've looked at everything from painting, to shooting, to mechanics, to software, to pretty much anything you can think of. Their conclusion was that, on average, mastery shows up around 10,000 hours of applied effort. Changing toolsets increases that average, but how much is hard to quantify. WIAB showed up here in 2018. Ocean's been climbing that learning curve before and since, and as he's learned more he's searched for and adopted better tools and spread his focus to broader areas.

His game(s) require expertise in multiple areas, and each requires its own mastery. Given his dedication to improving his game(s) and his skills, if you were to ask me my SWAG on how much longer it will be until he's comfortable with his mastery with all the aspects of game creation, I'd tell you 18-36 months from today. But that's just my opinion, and worth exactly what you've paid for it at best.

All of that said, Ocean you're already producing a game of amazing technical quality, and I know it will only get better. I look forward to the next update in either of your games. Thank you for your commitment and effort.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I'm really liking this game except, sometimes the MC train of thoughts makes me feel we are playing a sociopath, sure i think its clear he's emotionally stunted but sometimes... dunno, the way he speaks and rationalizes things feels... off?
Dude, you're off the reservation on that one. A sociopath is someone who demonstrates a pervasive pattern of disregarding and violating the rights of others, characterized by (among other things) use of deceit, lying, aliases, reckless disregard for safety of self or others, and a lack of remorse (indifference) or rationalizing hurting, mistreating, or stealing from others, and impulsivity and lack of planning ahead (APA, DSM-5 definition).

The only ones the MC goes after are those who have harmed either his loved ones or his friends. His seeking revenge on people who have hurt his loved ones and friends is exactly that - revenge - not a desire to disregard or violate the rights of others. Depending upon how he is played by the player, the MC actually shows considerable compassion and kindness to people who, on the surface, should not deserve it, like Bella. In getting revenge against the "rich kids" who hurt his friend, he demonstrates considerable advanced planning. While the MC is considerably emotionally blunted, that most likely is the result of a serious case of clinical depression, which the psychiatrist is working with him on.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It's not a girl who play basketball, or we would have seen her dick through those tight pants
A few developers have included transgender characters, but I've yet to see one have a game involving an acknowledged trans character who has undergone gender affirmation/reassignment surgery. Given that 1 in 4 transgender people have the surgery, means there should be some out there.

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
So guys any of you already seen this?

View attachment 1403983

it is bella`s eyes when they are in the date doesnt look like a maniac going towards her? maybe she was remembering her trauma and what happend with her "friend" any of you guys saw it too?
I heard people pupils get wider when they see their love,like in dressing room scene while she correcting his collar

Last edited:

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
> Here MC let me teach you how to workout
> Here MC let's shower together and I'll talk specifically about your penis
> Here MC let me keep you safe from Bella
> Here MC let me protect you from bullies
> Here MC let me invite you out drinking with friends and ONLY talk to you
If you guys can't tell Jeff and MC have some chemistry, Idk what to tell ya :KappaPride:

(I copied this from a member in Ocean's discord but damn, he's right)
jeff is lowkey best girl

Dude, you're off the reservation on that one. A sociopath is someone who demonstrates a pervasive pattern of disregarding and violating the rights of others, characterized by (among other things) use of deceit, lying, aliases, reckless disregard for safety of self or others, and a lack of remorse (indifference) or rationalizing hurting, mistreating, or stealing from others, and impulsivity and lack of planning ahead (APA, DSM-5 definition).

The only ones the MC goes after are those who have harmed either his loved ones or his friends. His seeking revenge on people who have hurt his loved ones and friends is exactly that - revenge - not a desire to disregard or violate the rights of others. Depending upon how he is played by the player, the MC actually shows considerable compassion and kindness to people who, on the surface, should not deserve it, like Bella. In getting revenge against the "rich kids" who hurt his friend, he demonstrates considerable advanced planning. While the MC is considerably emotionally blunted, that most likely is the result of a serious case of clinical depression, which the psychiatrist is working with him on.
yeah I wouldn't really call him a sociopath or anything like that, our protagonist understands morality and can distinguish what society deems right and wrong and feels compassion towards other people; him comforting Victoria even with choosing the option to "stop there" - that is something sociopaths would never do; they can't understand or feel empathy, he does tend to exhibit such tendencies but calling it that is too much of a stretch anyway, our protagonist does love mind games and manipulations and has blatant disregard for those he considers enemies but even then those are most likely a consequence of his trauma and we did saw him as a normal kid in the flashbacks but he grew up emotionally stunted, our protagonist has clear cut symptoms of ptsd.

if the protagonist has a consistent trait it would be his intelligence AND ability to do long-term planning, the latter is something sociopaths can't do, he hasn't shown any actions that would be considered impulsive. in fact everything our protagonist does is frigging calculated, which is why Bella tells him in their gym scene that he comes off as robotic.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
So guys any of you already seen this?

View attachment 1403983

it is bella`s eyes when they are in the date doesnt look like a maniac going towards her? maybe she was remembering her trauma and what happend with her "friend" any of you guys saw it too?
Ya I noticed it a little bit when I played a couple days ago but I will admit it's tough to make out a lot of detail for me.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes