GrannyJuices

Dec 27, 2019
About to replay this game for the 5th time lol, even though there's no sex scenes this game still amazes me everytime.

Anyone know if there's a confirmed date for CH3 yet?

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
About to replay this game for the 5th time lol, even though there's no sex scenes this game still amazes me everytime.

Anyone know if there's a confirmed date for CH3 yet?
From his last Patreon post: Summer's Gone is already written and coded until Chapter 8. The only thing that is left is rendering all these images and animations. I will soon start with SG Chapter 3 and if I had to give you guys a non-binding release month. It would be May. But in the end. The update comes when it's ready.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

Unlocked
Dev update Chapter 3
Good morning!

Sorry for being so silent on this Patreon. I was very busy working 13-14h a day on WiAB (My first game). Whos update is now ~ 95% ready.
(WiAB and SG are in the same universe. You can acquire a lot of background knowledge from playing WiAB. But a part of WiAB will be reworked in the future, so you might want to wait for that.)
I am currently driving a bad rig (1x 1080Ti.) and the new update for WiAB has 2000+ renders.
So it took me longer than expected. Not only because of the number of renders.. But also because I did improve in quality. It just takes very long to render.

"Will this be the rule now?"
No. It won't. I am currently saving up to make a gigantic investment. Sadly the coronavirus might delay my plans a little (Many factories in China are closed.)

As soon as the new 3080Ti's are released, I am going to invest in them.
My earlier plans were to get 2 of them. But I recently ditched this plan because of the quality and complexity I want to achieve.

I will now invest in a "Threadripper 3970x with 4x 3080Ti's." This is obviously a huge investment for someone like me.
But the results that I could achieve with this hardware.. Hah!.. Unlimited possibilities. At least until I have the resources to invest in a GPU server rig somewhere down the line.
This will obviously speed up the development process by.. well, I can't give an exact number, I need to test it.. but I assume by a damn big number. (I hope to be able to reduce the time for an update to 1- 1/2 months for both games.)
Please keep in mind that I am not a team of developers/artists and in the end, I am a single human being. I have a real-life, a gf and two big games I am currently developing. I do the post-production, video editing and coding all by myself.

"But down below you said coding is already done!"
Yea, all the necessary stuff. But I am diving deeper into the topic to give you guys the experience of an HQ game in every direction.
I am very good at time management but I can't get more out of a 1080Ti than I already do.

Summer's Gone is already written and coded until Chapter 8. The only thing that is left is rendering all these images and animations.
To give you an example.. A 60 frame HQ animation takes up to 50 - 130h for me. (Up to 130h if the environment is dark.)
I have also bought the license for 8 new music tracks (Rock, Metal, Ambient & Electronic) and got into contact with a few other artists who gave me the rights to use their music. (The licenses I had to buy did go from 100$ to 300$.)
I am also getting a lot into customizing. (Expect some beautiful and interesting environments in Chapter 3.)

Again, I apologize for being so silent and normally I'd pause the Patreon cycle until I started actively working on SG now. (Which would be this month.) But due to the big investment I am going to take for the future of my games, I cannot do this without risking debt.

I will soon start with SG Chapter 3 and if I had to give you guys a non-binding release month. It would be May. But in the end. The update comes when it's ready.
If you have any questions, want to stay up to date or you just want to say "Hi.", come and say visit my discord.

- Ocean :)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Top quality needs time
That's true. I was just a little surprised since usually devs that give an estimated date try to shoot for at least sometime in the following month. But, you are correct. This game has a great story and interesting characters with real personality, so I'll try to be patient:). Plus, it can't be easy to divide your time between two games. WIAB is pretty long and involved.

Garen

May 6, 2017
I have also bought the license for 8 new music tracks (Rock, Metal, Ambient & Electronic) and got into contact with a few other artists who gave me the rights to use their music.
Still hoping for a Music menu option in game before it's completed.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes