Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Actually, he does. Yeah, he thinks it's weird.
great now he can cringe as much as i do when i see my sicko sister Nami trying to get sexual with me or when that weird chick Bella tries to come for a kiss... like she earned the right to kiss me!

in the end there will only be Sasha as it was in the beginning and as always been in between, i knew i loved Sasha before i knew Sasha and that is as it should be!

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
great now he can cringe as much as i do when i see my sicko sister Nami trying to get sexual with me or when that weird chick Bella tries to come for a kiss... like she earned the right to kiss me!

in the end there will only be Sasha as it was in the beginning and as always been in between, i knew i loved Sasha before i knew Sasha and that is as it should be!
BEGINNING AND IN-BETWEEN ? THE HELL !!! So this chick drove you crazy even before you knew her?

* Setting up a red flag *

Last edited:

rerderrum

May 4, 2018
New Dev-Log:

Chapter 4 - Dev Log #10
Hello,
Sorry for the slight delay of this Dev Log but I had to spontaneously fly across the country and had to take care of some personal concerns. (4 days trip)
Took me a day to fully regulate my dopamine and stress levels.

1. Tabletop cut
2. Current state
3. Improvements.

1. Tabletop cut
Well, so... There's something I will address today regarding the tabletop session.
I will be cutting it in half... Let me explain why.
So, at the moment I'm around 800 lines into the Tabletop session. For comparison, a normal update of mine with 1400-1600 renders is around 2000-2500 lines long.
The current Tabletop story is already 1700 lines long and I'm not even close to finishing the writing. Means... I'm going to cut it there and the group will just "stop" playing for the day and continue at a later point.
Another very big reason is that Daz isn't enough to visualize my vision. Daz can't destroy buildings, make epic action sequences, use particle systems to simulate a huge explosion + shockwave.
So yeah, I'll be cutting the Tabletop session at its current writing state. It will feel natural and won't be abrupt.
1646320036168.png
That means around 800-900 lines are left for the tabletop session.
And I'll might actually wait until Blender to continue it so that my vision can actually be visualized.

2. Current State of Chapter 4.
The current state is that around 97% of the normal timeline is done. I'm currently creating some solo animations, etc.
Then I'll need to finish a smaller cinematic (35-40 seconds)
And then all that is left is the rest of the Tabletop session. Which are mostly stills.
1646320043893.png
I think I have around 1600 stills atm + tons of animation renders.
1646320048990.png

3. Improvements
As teased a few times before, I'm now going to elaborate a little on my personal improvements and give some numbers.
1646320059087.png
Back in 2021, I used to create 7-15 renders a day and it often took forever to finish them. While I started working on myself after Chapter 3, it was still a long way to go.
A little backstory, I read a lot and I was reading a book called "The Comfort crisis." by Michael Easters
There was a point in the book that said something along the lines of: "You're just as good as your biggest limiter."
It got me thinking and I tried to localize my biggest limiter in terms of development.
After I found it and started to tackle it... The improvements were incredible.
I'll not say what the limiter was as it's private but damn.
Let me just give a number that blew my mind, even now... Looking back.
There was a day in February when I created 112 renders. On a single fucking day. (Took 3-4 days to render out.)
Those weren't easy to pose renders where just the head or an arm moves a little. It was at the Tennis scene with Nami, etc. A lot of Movement, adjustments to the light, and volumetrics.
During Chapter 3, I worked around 12-14 hours a day on the game and came out with 7-15 renders on average.
Now I work 6! hours a day and come out with 40-60 on average. (Quality increasing.)
I first did 3h of SG and 3h of WiAB a day but I didn't like the sudden switch. I now do 6h SG, the next day 6h WiAB, repeat.
I don't count "writing" as work time, as I find it very relaxing and often do it after the 6h of creating renders.
The changes I've applied over the past two months are incredible. And those 40-60 renders a day isn't made under pressure. It's actually relatively easy. (Except I have to build an environment.)

I keep telling it to other devs that I sometimes speak with.. The mindset you apply is so important. And the longer a dev works, the harder it is to keep it up as we humans like to cling to negative emotions.
Until you can actually detach from external dopamine releases, etc., and just flow through the work with a smile.
I, of course, won't make any promises ever again but I'll expect Chapter 4.5 to be a new record in development time.
TL:DR: I work much less but produce much more and my mind is as healthy as it can be.

I'm thinking about posting an average render/day at the end of each month to see how I'm doing. Animations still kinda ruin my productivity due to their test rendering phases, etc. But that's a Daz problem since they removed the "Save materials function" with the Iray Preview.

Well, I think this was all I wanted to say.
1646320067821.png

Oh right, I also got the Custom Environment from Wibble. I'll showcase it in the next Dev Log.
And because you guys are the supporters and made this possible, the Environment will cost me 2000$. I think you should know about that.
But damn it's such a gigantic, unique, and great environment. An investment into the future of SG.

- Ocean

Monetka_

Feb 2, 2021
New Dev-Log:

Chapter 4 - Dev Log #10
Hello,
Sorry for the slight delay of this Dev Log but I had to spontaneously fly across the country and had to take care of some personal concerns. (4 days trip)

1. Tabletop cut
2. Current state
3. Improvements.

1. Tabletop cut
Well, so... There's something I will address today regarding the tabletop session.
So, at the moment I'm around 800 lines into the Tabletop session. For comparison, a normal update of mine with 1400-1600 renders is around 2000-2500 lines long.
The current Tabletop story is already 1700 lines long and I'm not even close to finishing the writing. Means... I'm going to cut it there and the group will just "stop" playing for the day and continue at a later point.
Another very big reason is that Daz isn't enough to visualize my vision. Daz can't destroy buildings, make epic action sequences, use particle systems to simulate a huge explosion + shockwave.
So yeah, I'll be cutting the Tabletop session at its current writing state. It will feel natural and won't be abrupt.
View attachment 1684368
And I'll might actually wait until Blender to continue it so that my vision can actually be visualized.

The current state is that around 97% of the normal timeline is done. I'm currently creating some solo animations, etc.
And then all that is left is the rest of the Tabletop session. Which are mostly stills.
View attachment 1684369
View attachment 1684370

3. Improvements
As teased a few times before, I'm now going to elaborate a little on my personal improvements and give some numbers.
View attachment 1684371
Back in 2021, I used to create 7-15 renders a day and it often took forever to finish them. While I started working on myself after Chapter 3, it was still a long way to go.
A little backstory, I read a lot and I was reading a book called "The Comfort crisis." by Michael Easters
There was a point in the book that said something along the lines of: "You're just as good as your biggest limiter."
It got me thinking and I tried to localize my biggest limiter in terms of development.
There was a day in February when I created 112 renders. On a single fucking day. (Took 3-4 days to render out.)
Those weren't easy to pose renders where just the head or an arm moves a little. It was at the Tennis scene with Nami, etc. A lot of Movement, adjustments to the light, and volumetrics.
During Chapter 3, I worked around 12-14 hours a day on the game and came out with 7-15 renders on average.
Now I work 6! hours a day and come out with 40-60 on average. (Quality increasing.)
I first did 3h of SG and 3h of WiAB a day but I didn't like the sudden switch. I now do 6h SG, the next day 6h WiAB, repeat.
I don't count "writing" as work time, as I find it very relaxing and often do it after the 6h of creating renders.
The changes I've applied over the past two months are incredible. And those 40-60 renders a day isn't made under pressure. It's actually relatively easy. (Except I have to build an environment.)

I keep telling it to other devs that I sometimes speak with.. The mindset you apply is so important. And the longer a dev works, the harder it is to keep it up as we humans like to cling to negative emotions.
Until you can actually detach from external dopamine releases, etc., and just flow through the work with a smile.
I, of course, won't make any promises ever again but I'll expect Chapter 4.5 to be a new record in development time.
TL:DR: I work much less but produce much more and my mind is as healthy as it can be.

I'm thinking about posting an average render/day at the end of each month to see how I'm doing. Animations still kinda ruin my productivity due to their test rendering phases, etc. But that's a Daz problem since they removed the "Save materials function" with the Iray Preview.

View attachment 1684372

Oh right, I also got the Custom Environment from Wibble. I'll showcase it in the next Dev Log.
And because you guys are the supporters and made this possible, the Environment will cost me 2000$. I think you should know about that.
But damn it's such a gigantic, unique, and great environment. An investment into the future of SG.

- Ocean
God, renderers are at an incredible level as always :любовь:

Reactions: rerderrum
Sep 3, 2020

HanBoston

Oct 11, 2021
New Dev-Log:

Chapter 4 - Dev Log #10
Hello,

1. Tabletop cut
2. Current state
3. Improvements.

1. Tabletop cut
View attachment 1684368

View attachment 1684369
View attachment 1684370

3. Improvements
View attachment 1684371

View attachment 1684372

- Ocean
Thank my brother for sharing this
love you (yesn't homo)

• Red Heart
Reactions: rerderrum

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

But that's a Daz problem since they removed the "Save materials function" with the Iray Preview.
Oceanlab
great to hear, and do remember an improvement early on compounds as the years go by!

as for much less but produce much more... is that why the dark path was removed? can we have at least a psychological thriller blackmail with Amber and Bella? come on it´s so easy! just a few sms messages to Bella getting her to write that she looted her mothers files and when that evidence is secured blackmail her into a corruption path starting with innocent pics upgrading to nudes and ending with explicit webcam shows (she already as the toys, so no need to waste money in getting them for her anyway) and once we collect all that proof we start a little sms messaging with Amber...

fuck you can make Amber an adult and stop it after a few pics of her boobs or once it stops being fun to her, enjoying being miss treated with the perfect excuse that she is doing it to protect her child, when in reality she loves it as the slut that she truly is!

as for the DAZ problem if you are paying them, then they made their problem and incompetence your problem! write them a complain e-mail explaining your issues as a paying customer!

you can even get your creator friends to sign up your combined letter! i mean if it was a previous feature that does not show up on a new update it should be fixable (i do not mean it´s easy a few programmers friends made a deal with me... they stop making miracles and i would stop trying to talk shit about programming i know nothing about!)!

just saying that if they do not recognize the problem then they will not use any resources to address! if the feature you say is/was as useful as you make it out to be (once again not fucking clue what i am talking about when debating programming, i once took a degree in frontage to create websites... i prefer to waste a few hundreds to have someone do it for me, even if it´s worse quality i can not be bothered)

but if its as important as you say, once you make them realize the importance they will address it, but they can not fix a problem they do not acknowledge as existing!

-- edit ---

wtf... too much... Nami... uncontrollable rage.... must smash... no... must not smash!

WHERE THE FUCK IS SASHA DAMMIT?

not enough Sasha. not cool!

Batmóvel

Jan 5, 2020

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Oceanlab
as for much less but produce much more... is that why the dark path was removed?
No.

The really Dark Path got removed because the scale of SG is so much bigger now.

There's so much stuff that will influence how even the "normal" path plays out. All the characters interact with each other, tons of optional rumors, lies, truths floating around which will alter the game.

And then adding a Dark path on top would just blow it out of proportion. As you probably only want to be bad sometimes or to specific people (Which is more or less already in the game.) And being bad to Person X, changes how Person Y perceives you. And then it influences Person B and C but not Person O cause you were nice to Person L.

And I don't want to ruin my mental health with the clusterfuck the Dark path would add. :)

I did run into trouble with the old WiAB and its 15+ secondary plotlines and SG has a much bigger cast of girls and storylines.

And also my vision of SG changed over the years. The beginning still had a very big lewd focus (Dark path, corruption, etc.) and it changed more to being a Love-story. (Romance, etc.)
You'll still get the chance to corrupt some people to a certain degree if you really want. (Dirtier fetishes, etc.)

Time will tell.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes