Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
No compressed?!
it's linked there in the OP
[VN] [Ren'Py] Summer's Gone [Chapter 1-4 Beta] [Oceanlab] [OS@5.56GB, MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 5.56GB
MyRepack-YAC size: 894MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / WorkUpload / PixelDrain

Tutorial on how to create MacOS build.

Caution: It is not recommended to use saves from Beta versions with Final versions!

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
That was the point of the RPG in BADIK -- sex scenes. I agree that it really didn't add anything to the story other than that.
I don't think BADIK should be a template for other games. If everyone copies that game, then all games would be the same and that would be pretty boring.
What I am saying is that the RPG portion provides very little character and story progression compared to the number of renders it utilizes. Most of the character interaction with Nadya and Nancy were before the actual session, the break where they discussed the sex cards and after the session.
You only think BADIK's had a point because it had sex right from the very start and of course because the conclusion was given to you in the same set but it was also because the genre of the tabletop was completely different.

Ocean went with Sci-Fi and DPC went with high fantasy these two genres in tabletop games have wide variety set ups so alot can change in the settings.

Talking about the render count in the game, unless Dev foregoes the tabletop completely or wants to make some shoddy half assed filler then it was bound to happen, the immersion in the tabletop was great it showed us the great potential subplots can have in the overall quality of the game, after all if all that is covered in the game is only the main plot points and no other interactions between characters then it would be a very frankly speaking boring game.

These interactions, these tiny little details the little nuggest of life are what adds up to be the difference this is what makes everyday interaction between people so different and meaningful.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

Last edited:

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
That was the point of the RPG in BADIK -- sex scenes. I agree that it really didn't add anything to the story other than that.
I don't think BADIK should be a template for other games. If everyone copies that game, then all games would be the same and that would be pretty boring.
What I am saying is that the RPG portion provides very little character and story progression compared to the number of renders it utilizes. Most of the character interaction with Nadya and Nancy were before the actual session, the break where they discussed the sex cards and after the session.
You are basicaly saying that you dislike the tabletop session because of the very nature of a tabletop game as an abstraction of the real world but without story progression in said real world and in that universe. So you consider it to be wasted rendertime?

Wy not just say I dislike tabletop insertion into an adult VN?

These interactions, these tiny little details the little nuggest of life are what adds up to be the difference this is what makes everyday interaction between people so different and meaningful.
nods-yes.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Nekiorem

Wildcard777

Aug 26, 2019
First of all I would like to say that this was another very well done chapter. The previous chapter ended with a sense of betrayal and disproportionate punishment, but the resolution provided in this new content does not disappoint.

I really don't mind waiting months if they keep bringing us content of this quality, which let's face it, I think a majority of this community agrees that this is one of the best adult visual novels available at this point in time. I wish the best for this project to be completed in the best possible conditions.

Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
First of all I would like to say that this was another very well done chapter. The previous chapter ended with a sense of betrayal and disproportionate punishment, but the resolution provided in this new content does not disappoint.

I really don't mind waiting months if they keep bringing us content of this quality, which let's face it, I think a majority of this community agrees that this is one of the best adult visual novels available at this point in time. I wish the best for this project to be completed in the best possible conditions.

Last edited:

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
I am getting this error after every few scenes. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Exception: Screen tooltip_LVROOF is not known. (see the attached log file)

SmiLego

Jun 23, 2020
I am getting this error after every few scenes. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Exception: Screen tooltip_LVROOF is not known. (see the attached log file)
You need to open the patch file and comment with "# " (without the " ") every line that have "screen tooltip_" in them (i think they have "start" and "hide" at the beginning of them), these tooltip were commented in the chap4 but were kept in the patch file.

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
You need to open the patch file and comment with "# " (without the " ") every line that have "screen tooltip_" in them (i think they have "start" and "hide" at the beginning of them), these tooltip were commented in the chap4 but were kept in the patch file.
Do you mean before every line?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Is the patch file official or from a modder?
The patch got updated not long after the game release, but before the game got leaked. So, a modder for sure created the patch since they are very smart and knowledgable about how to make one. Likely a very dedicated Patreon supporter. Official patches are impossible.

Apr 26, 2022
More than MC or bella?

I don't rate Bella as a psychopath at all or the MC. Sure they have anger issues and emotional issues from their personal traumas but they react to how people have treated them for years...like a self defense mechanism.
Vanessa is a whole different type I think. She plays games with people because she enjoys manipulating them. I also believe she has a very cold, emotionless mind. She can act the part like she is doing with Bella.
Yes, I would say she is more likely a psychopath.
Her comments about her controlling her boyfriend are quite interesting.
I think her toying with the MC and Nami was a precursor for what is to come.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
You are basicaly saying that you dislike the tabletop session because of the very nature of a tabletop game as an abstraction of the real world but without story progression in said real world and in that universe. So you consider it to be wasted rendertime?

Wy not just say I dislike tabletop insertion into an adult VN?

View attachment 1847346
BADIk version is way shorter dumb-fun side dish, with different endings and lewd scenes that can be unlocked AKA it has some sort of replayability(for who ever cares about that), while SG's is a longer kinentic side plot with zero replayability. Unless you want to stare at Nami's funbags. (Hey, man, I get it!)

I for one enjoyed it on my fist playthrough but I will CTRL it on subsequent runs. Both games DnD ads minuscule amount of actual character progress that anyone without rose colored glasses would admit its entirely skippable filer.

The fabled Nadia and Nancy character progress happens mostly before and after the session, the only thing of note from the session is the small Sonya moment and I don't see anyone mentioning that, so you can imagine how big of an impact that left. 'We learn that Nadia is into kinky shit' :rolleyes: Have Mc see Nancy hiding some cards, or have her drop the cards and thats how we find out. There you have it 5 renders vs 1k renders for the same amount of progress...

The fact that will probably only use those environments for just one more update and it probably took him half of the development time in kitbashing and posing them its why people rightfully call it a waste of time and effort and even if I enjoyed it, I still can't argue against that.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
The fact that will probably only use those environments for just one more update and it probably took him half of the development time in kitbashing and posing them its why people rightfully call it a waste of time and effort and even if I enjoyed it, I still can't argue against that.
You can't create an introduction to a subarc with a few renders. And that's exactly what it is. The player needs to spend some time in this world or the whole concept wouldn't work. It's not just an opportunity to insert lewd screens like BADIK handles it...

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
You can't create an introduction to a subarc with a few renders. And that's exactly what it is. The player needs to spend some time in this world or the whole concept wouldn't work. It's not just an opportunity to insert lewd screens like BADIK handles it...
badik is partially a sex comedy, so those funny lewd scenes actually work for that type of story.

but maybe you're right.
maybe this subarc would later on have some sort of character progression. maybe this is the way sonya would actually get to open up and discover who she is. maybe this is the way her character, nadia and nancy will have a chance to interact with the MC and develop their relationships.
the dev did say he had to cut the rpg section in half. so maybe the subarc as presented was incomplete.

but i think it's understandable for people to be disappointed. because the subarc doesn't deliver right now. (it may later.)
some people would rather have gotten the weekend with Mila and Vic instead, maybe the sunday visit to Nia and the dojo scene with Ayua.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
but i think it's understandable for people to be disappointed. because the subarc doesn't deliver right now. (it may later.)
some people would rather have gotten the weekend with Mila and Vic instead, maybe the sunday visit to Nia and the dojo scene with Ayua.
That is indeed perfectly understandable and I do understand that a lot of people wouldn't phrase out their thoughts completely, but describing it as "waste of time" is very provokative and for me just not the case in a factual manner.

Reactions: Real Kreten

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
I tried the No Bella Kiss route and found myself surrounded by a bunch of girls.
This one looks intriguing. More possible LIs?
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 4.22.36 PM.png

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes