KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
feels like the dev is trying to copy badik and add a rpg session in the game. but the one here is too long and doesnt really add much to the story.
BADIK did not invent rpg sessions in these types of games. And the tabletop session in BADIK is terrible and, besides sex scenes, adds absolutely nothing to the game. In Summers Gone the first session revealed traits and preferences of Nancy's and Nadia's character, which is important for the story arc and for the tabletop sessions in the future.

The tabletop sessions will get even more important in the future especially if you want MC to have a relationship with certain characters. I believe some if not most of these sessions will be optional but at the same time necessary if MC pursues selected love interests.

It was an introduction to the tabletop subarc in Summers Gone and the minute it came up people compared it with BADIKs poor implemantation and tried to find similarities to make their point on the matter. People need to understand that BADIK is not a template for other games just because it is popular.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
BADIK did not invent rpg sessions in these types of games. And the tabletop session in BADIK is terrible and, besides sex scenes, adds absolutely nothing to the game. In Summers Gone the first session revealed traits and preferences of Nancy's and Nadia's character, which is important for the story arc and for the tabletop sessions in the future.

The tabletop sessions will get even more important in the future especially if you want MC to have a relationship with certain characters. I believe some if not most of these sessions will be optional but at the same time necessary if MC pursues selected love interests.

It was an introduction to the tabletop subarc in Summers Gone and the minute it came up people compared it with BADIKs poor implemantation and tried to find similarities to make their point on the matter. People need to understand that BADIK is not a template for other games just because it is popular.

That was the point of the RPG in BADIK -- sex scenes. I agree that it really didn't add anything to the story other than that.
I don't think BADIK should be a template for other games. If everyone copies that game, then all games would be the same and that would be pretty boring.
What I am saying is that the RPG portion provides very little character and story progression compared to the number of renders it utilizes. Most of the character interaction with Nadya and Nancy were before the actual session, the break where they discussed the sex cards and after the session.

Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
No compressed?!
it's linked there in the OP
[VN] [Ren'Py] Summer's Gone [Chapter 1-4 Beta] [Oceanlab] [OS@5.56GB, MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 5.56GB
MyRepack-YAC size: 894MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / WorkUpload / PixelDrain

Tutorial on how to create MacOS build.

Caution: It is not recommended to use saves from Beta versions with Final versions!

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
That was the point of the RPG in BADIK -- sex scenes. I agree that it really didn't add anything to the story other than that.
I don't think BADIK should be a template for other games. If everyone copies that game, then all games would be the same and that would be pretty boring.
What I am saying is that the RPG portion provides very little character and story progression compared to the number of renders it utilizes. Most of the character interaction with Nadya and Nancy were before the actual session, the break where they discussed the sex cards and after the session.
You only think BADIK's had a point because it had sex right from the very start and of course because the conclusion was given to you in the same set but it was also because the genre of the tabletop was completely different.

Ocean went with Sci-Fi and DPC went with high fantasy these two genres in tabletop games have wide variety set ups so alot can change in the settings.

Talking about the render count in the game, unless Dev foregoes the tabletop completely or wants to make some shoddy half assed filler then it was bound to happen, the immersion in the tabletop was great it showed us the great potential subplots can have in the overall quality of the game, after all if all that is covered in the game is only the main plot points and no other interactions between characters then it would be a very frankly speaking boring game.

These interactions, these tiny little details the little nuggest of life are what adds up to be the difference this is what makes everyday interaction between people so different and meaningful.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

Last edited:

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
You are basicaly saying that you dislike the tabletop session because of the very nature of a tabletop game as an abstraction of the real world but without story progression in said real world and in that universe. So you consider it to be wasted rendertime?

Wy not just say I dislike tabletop insertion into an adult VN?

These interactions, these tiny little details the little nuggest of life are what adds up to be the difference this is what makes everyday interaction between people so different and meaningful.
nods-yes.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Nekiorem

Wildcard777

Aug 26, 2019
First of all I would like to say that this was another very well done chapter. The previous chapter ended with a sense of betrayal and disproportionate punishment, but the resolution provided in this new content does not disappoint.

I really don't mind waiting months if they keep bringing us content of this quality, which let's face it, I think a majority of this community agrees that this is one of the best adult visual novels available at this point in time. I wish the best for this project to be completed in the best possible conditions.

Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
First of all I would like to say that this was another very well done chapter. The previous chapter ended with a sense of betrayal and disproportionate punishment, but the resolution provided in this new content does not disappoint.

I really don't mind waiting months if they keep bringing us content of this quality, which let's face it, I think a majority of this community agrees that this is one of the best adult visual novels available at this point in time. I wish the best for this project to be completed in the best possible conditions.

Last edited:

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
I am getting this error after every few scenes. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Exception: Screen tooltip_LVROOF is not known. (see the attached log file)

SmiLego

Jun 23, 2020
I am getting this error after every few scenes. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Exception: Screen tooltip_LVROOF is not known. (see the attached log file)
You need to open the patch file and comment with "# " (without the " ") every line that have "screen tooltip_" in them (i think they have "start" and "hide" at the beginning of them), these tooltip were commented in the chap4 but were kept in the patch file.

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
You need to open the patch file and comment with "# " (without the " ") every line that have "screen tooltip_" in them (i think they have "start" and "hide" at the beginning of them), these tooltip were commented in the chap4 but were kept in the patch file.
Do you mean before every line?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Is the patch file official or from a modder?
The patch got updated not long after the game release, but before the game got leaked. So, a modder for sure created the patch since they are very smart and knowledgable about how to make one. Likely a very dedicated Patreon supporter. Official patches are impossible.

Apr 26, 2022
More than MC or bella?

I don't rate Bella as a psychopath at all or the MC. Sure they have anger issues and emotional issues from their personal traumas but they react to how people have treated them for years...like a self defense mechanism.
Vanessa is a whole different type I think. She plays games with people because she enjoys manipulating them. I also believe she has a very cold, emotionless mind. She can act the part like she is doing with Bella.
Yes, I would say she is more likely a psychopath.
Her comments about her controlling her boyfriend are quite interesting.
I think her toying with the MC and Nami was a precursor for what is to come.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes