RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
Thanks... Guess I'll go through with it anyways, the story seems promising. Hope this is continued and not abandoned in the future.
i think you will not regret it if you play the game.
It has an exciting story and interesting characters.
But be aware that the developer is working on two games at the same time.
that means it always takes a while until the next update.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Reposting the latest Where It All Began dev log since it has some info relevant to SG and the games are related anyway:

Hello,

So... I actually wanted to create this post a few days ago but real life and a lot of damn Birthday parties came into the way.
May/June/July and August are always a birthday party mess.
I was also pretty slurped out by the SG release week.

Anyways,
A short update on everything.

As I mentioned in a previous log, Summer's Gone Chapter 4 was about to release.
And the Beta has released a few weeks ago.
It had 2300 still renders alone and until now, it's my biggest update.
The Beta was just the first step.
Soon, the SG Chapter 4 final will come out with another 600+ renders.
Chapter 4 will then have added a total of almost 3000 renders.

Anyways, the biggest part of the SG final is done and WiAB will continue its development on Monday.
As soon as the final is released, it will also be available here for certain Patreon tiers.
Now to WiAB.
WiAB Chapter 2 is around 70-75% done. I now have to do quite a few animations... and oh boy... I acquired some new tools thanks to my friend SLim.
I now have some tools to automate some animation processes. This will save some time along the way.
I also acquired some really valuable knowledge... I don't know why... But I made all my animations "blind."
I couldn't preview them and just had to hope for the best.
Now I learned to "see".

This is pretty much it... Oh.
I also acquired some new music for the games. I managed to get both games licensed at once. Pretty neat.

And... there's one thing I really reeeeeaally miss.
And that's my favorite Li next to Leia... Dana.
The last previews I posted of her first version are a year old.
Now I just couldn't take it anymore and made some simple renders with her current version.
I gave her a custom sculpted body + some small adjustments to her face. The previous version featured a very common face. Morphed together out of a few known morphs.
I now gave her more of a unique look... and thanks to my developing Zbrush skills... I might also bring back her old hair.
I might still decide against it... as it's below the quality I'd normally choose... But it just fits Dana.
High Res is attached below.
Legends say... Other female lawyers hate her.

1655661349802.png
1655661373807.png

"I'll get you out of there."

1655661395786.png
1655661688083.png

There are still going to be some changes before she reappears in the game... But man... I can't wait until she's back.

- Ocean

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
personally, i'm really more interested in the story of this game, and how it and the characters develop.
I also think that Ocean delivers a masterpiece here graphically.
Well, with Ocean's render quality I'm really looking forward to seeing some lewd scenes :)

Reactions: RolandG.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Not really though, we all knew it going in so it isn't that much of a problem really (at least not for me).
It's not about the sex scenes bro.. just appreciate the story for what it is. I love the game .
yep! just play it... its pretty good!
personally, i'm really more interested in the story of this game, and how it and the characters develop.
I also think that Ocean delivers a masterpiece here graphically.
Just teasing. ;) I agree, story is most important in games like this. The game looks really interesting so I'm definitely going to play it.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I'm fine with slowburns, and I really don't mind the update rate as well.
It's only when the two combine, like with AWAM that it becomes a bit of a nuisance.
In my opinion, if you know that the updates will be few and far between and the story is also moving at a slow pace, it's not a bad idea to introduce some easy to achieve sex scenes, either in the form of a flashback with an earlier relationship or with a side character which isn't going to play an important role in the story.

But that's just my opinion and what I like in games. And I'm fine with waiting, if the characters and story are good enough.
That's as long as I'm not paying for anything, Oceanlab is very open about the development speed and how he wants to tell his story, so I knew I would become frustrated, if I actually invested money in this, so I chose not to and mooch of others, as you do on a pirate site.

To sum it up, story and characters are good, you know it's a slowburn and there won't be a lot of sex scenes early on, so if you have a problem with that, better not become a patron, if you aren't a patron and the dev is open and honest about how he works and how the game will progress, you really don't have a lot of reasons to complain.
There are so many games to play while waiting, most of the time I barely manage to keep up with the updates to games I like and checking out new ones.

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
I want to patreon to the creator and was just wondering how much content chapter 4 beta gives compared to chapter 3.5? Really amazing render quality, if the content difference is substantial i might consider going extra tiers up.

SmiLego

Jun 23, 2020
I want to patreon to the creator and was just wondering how much content chapter 4 beta gives compared to chapter 3.5? Really amazing render quality, if the content difference is substantial i might consider going extra tiers up.
Welcome!
As mentioned in the developer's log posted a few posts above, the chapter 4 update was the biggest update, 2300 renders more content that the previous chapter, if you want spoiling details about specific content, you can look up "bibi log" in the comments of this thread. The final version of chapter 4 will have the final chapter 1 rework, no more render specific to chapter 4. Lot's of new content but still no lewds if you were looking for that.

Damn, 3 years and still no sex scenes. You guys sure a patient.
Thankfully we are not all here only for the lewds :)

I'm curious to see how Bella reacts when my MC starts dating her mom.
I'm wondering how OceanLab will deal with this one indeed, if how she has reacted towards her mum's other suiter is any indication the MC is in for a world of hurt. (Perhaps a secret relationship until Bella moves out of the house/town/country before the MC can make it official and if they are discovered before that we get a game over screen?)

Here's Ocean answer to that
View attachment 1877219
It's strange how much power the MC's Landlady has over her tenants, able to ground them like they were her own wards...

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes