Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Thankfully we are not all here only for the lewds :)
Good to know I'm not alone in that. :)
I don't think anyone in this fandom desired to bang her. I think most of us see her as a mother figure rather than a bangable chick.
That gives me hope for humanity.:LOL: Seriously, this game sounds like my type of game. It sounds very different from most other games here. Focused on story and characters, not just about banging everything on 2 legs no matter what relationship you have with that person.

SmiLego

Jun 23, 2020
Actually she isn't their landlady but their foster mother (unless I completely misunderstood the situation :)), it's quite different. She's concerned for their welfare and she has a right to express her concerns.
Every interaction between Nojiko and the MC/Nami would make sense if Nojiko was their foster mother but the creator of the game said she was their landlady (he's saying landlady during his text conversion with Bella in chapter 2 for example)
So it's very confusing. Who is the MC legal guardian? Why is the MC living with a landlady since he's three year old but not with his legal guardian? How can he afford rent at 3?
If Nojiko is leeching off the MC's inheritance since he was a small child and she insisted for him to call her landlady, that's doesn't depict a good picture of her at all.
Or if instead, she's his legal guardian but he is the one that insist on calling her landlady, even outside the dark path, then he is really mean.
I prefer going back to the patched world of the foster family.

edit:
corrected forest->foster

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I'm wondering how OceanLab will deal with this one indeed, if how she has reacted towards her mum's other suiter is any indication the MC is in for a world of hurt. (Perhaps a secret relationship until Bella moves out of the house/town/country before the MC can make it official and if they are discovered before that we get a game over screen?)
Ya it's an intriguing question - a secret relationship could very well be the case where the player has to consider what he says during sessions also since he knows Bella gets into her mom's therapy session notes. With how Bella can completely fly off the handle that's definitely a concern. I just hope the MC & Amber can find ways to actually go on public dates, etc. as well (just obviously not in places that Bella is going to be initially) so that it's not always sneaking around, etc. Definitely the relationship I'm most looking forward to.

Reactions: Flop2010

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
All the nonsense about his adoptive mom not being mom is because of shitfukk Patreon (SFP)

Ocean apparently doesn't want to have both games fighting the censorship so he gave up for SG and is retconning like a Marvel movie.

Of course a 3 year old would not EVER have a landlady but you have no other words to use that will keep SFP from ban hammering the place down.

I feel his pain and it is all because of SFP

But he does other things that are far more annoying to me, personally, that have no apparent reason. So once he has a stable complete season 1 (or whatever) for Steam it will be easy to make an iPatch since he will not be going back to alter dialogue like he does now. This is why the current i-patch borks the dialogue worse than Ocean's already broken English.

I am just waiting to see what the complete CH 4 looks like and decide if too much has gone bonkers for me to continue and then I may be out of everyone's hair (and this thread) for good.

PEACE

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
i think it takes longer. BaDik is updated at least once a year, which a complete chapter each update. This has been going on for as long as I've known the game. Summers Gone, on the other hand, the updates take much longer and are usually much shorter. I agree with you on all other points.
SG updates seem shorter because BaDIK is padded with freeroams that you can't just ctrl-skip through. Just counting renders, SG Chapter 4 has about as many as BaDIK Episodes 3, 4 or 5

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Much shorter? Chapter 4 was larger than every single BaD episode(and if he did not also work on remastering chapter 1, chapter 4 may have been even larger). Every update up to this point had various circumstances that led to them being brought forth in the times they were. SG started out as a joint venture by Oceanlabs and another developer. As you can see now, that other developer is no longer in the picture. Many things have changed, and it's only recently that things have begun to calm down. Don't forget that DPC has at least 17x the amount of support that Oceanlabs has(also more hardware), so it's not even fair to compare that aspect of these games yet. This is one of the reasons why I gave Oceans a year or two... because by then, he'll be in more of a position to actually challenge DPC when it comes to his development period. DPC had almost everything figured out when he started BaD... Oceans is still learning. But when he does have everything figured out, Summer's Gone may very well be superior to BaD in every category.

Oceans made clear that the only reason we didn't receive the update in February, was due to the tabletop session. He also said that he was aiming for another update this year. Seeing as there's no tabletop session in the next update, I'm inclined to believe him. Oceanlabs is not the kind of developer or person to say things like this without possessing the qualifications to back up his words. He's poured a lot of himself into this project since chapter 2, and really, chapter 3. After seeing what he's done since these updates, I'm inclined to believe his statements. If we, the audience, start to receive multiple updates per year(which is the ultimate goal), then the only thing BaD would have over SG would be its dialogue and lewd content. And by that point, if we're receiving multiple updates per year, these problems may have very well been solved. This is why I gave Oceans a few years to reach this point. Once he does, no other AVN would be able to compare.

crabsinthekitchen if we're looking strictly at renders, then chapter 4 had around 2400 renders if memory serves me correct. Episode 8 of BaD had 2300 renders... I'll have to double-check, but I literally just came across it in the BaD thread yesterday.
Badik´s episode 8 had 4158 renders.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Badik´s episode 8 had 4158 renders.
And don't forget the 358 animations...

I don't think you should compare those 2. Both are a league of their own and that's why both are also in my top 3.
Also Badik episode 8 was the longest wait with almost 7 months. The others were little over 5 months or less.
DPC did a speedrun on episode 7 with over 3700 renders and 250 animations in those 5 months.

It was his intention to make the episodes smaller from 9 and up but his estimate is that episode 9 will have 3500 renders and 240 animations so he still can't control himself.

Ocean could do it way faster once his patreons go up and he can get better gear like DPC but most off all.... He should focus on SG imho. Where it all began is good, very good but for me SG is way ahead. And if he wasn't making those 2 at the same time his updates would be much faster.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Most, if not all, of the people on this thread will agree with you. But the Ocean does not agree, and only his choice matters.
True, and i wish he could get past his sense of responsibility and just put WIAB on hold.
If i'm correct he took that project back after a dispute and has his mind set on reworking and finishing it.

Personally i think he would profit way more if he focussed on SG first. With faster updates the fanbase will be more pleased and he will get more patreons.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
True, and i wish he could get past his sense of responsibility and just put WIAB on hold.
If i'm correct he took that project back after a dispute and has his mind set on reworking and finishing it.

Personally i think he would profit way more if he focussed on SG first. With faster updates the fanbase will be more pleased and he will get more patreons.
Ya I'm looking forward to the WIAB story with Leia (and maybe Daphne), but definitely enjoy SG more at this point.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

Yep, but Ocean seems insistent on working on 2 different projects at the same time regardless of the drawbacks.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes