Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
sad that the final version will take more time.
also last time someone made imgur folder for chapter 4 previews(it had last year patreon wallpapers too idk why),
so here's chapter4x5 previews folder I'll keep updating it

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Chapter 4 Final Bibi-log 2/1

Hello,

It wasn't planned to do a second Bibi Log to tell people what's up with the final... But I underestimated Daz's scene opening times.

So, I'm currently 390/600 rendered images into the Final.
As you can clearly see, shit slowed down.

Many that have been following me for quite some time, might know that Daz has some atrocious loading times. (It loads all the morphs up for every character.)

On top of that... I had some problems building the outside of the college. There weren't any suitable assets and I had to improvise. That took a while.

But to give something back, I have some new comparisons and one simple Chapter 4 preview. (High Res for download at the bottom.)
Now I customized quite a lot and I have a clear vision of what I want to go for. s, a very big environment.

We start with the evening scenes after visiting Victoria.

Old
View attachment 1895082 View attachment 1895080

The new one more or less still follows the same routine... But has a different atmosphere. Dialogue also got adjusted.

New
View attachment 1895081 View attachment 1895093

The early college parts are probably the biggest issue the game had.

Old
View attachment 1895086 View attachment 1895083

As you can see... You see nothing. Regium had a 1070 and I had a 1060 at that time... None of us could put some actual people there... Nor did we have the experience.

Now I customized quite a lot o stuff and I have a clear vision of what I want to go for.

New
View attachment 1895084 View attachment 1895085

The biggest issue was that it all felt so empty. No immersion whatsoever... But we simply didn't have the computing power.

And my 3090s failed me more than once rendering those scenes. But that's not even the biggest issue these scenes cause.

It's the unbearable screen freezes and lags that come with a gigantic scene like that. Tons of visible and hidden characters and this results in a scene that has like 2FPS and screen freezes that take up to 20 seconds.

But that's sadly Daz... It's not optimized to support these heavy scenes.

Old
View attachment 1895091 View attachment 1895087

The biggest issue here... Old Ayua.

Like what the fuck... God, did I hate this model.

New
View attachment 1895099
View attachment 1895090

The new version now features the current Ayua model with her Ch2/Ch3 hair. (It's her changing the hair. Not me.)

So yeah, I just wanted to update you guys that it might take a week or two longer... It takes like 40-90min to open a scene. (Depends on the characters.)
And I put 30 renders into the queue and woke up to 5 images being rendered...

To end this little bibi log... Here's a first Ch4 preview of Mila.

View attachment 1895092

- Ocean
Even if I am bit sad, imo those new renders easily justify the delay. Awesome work. :)

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Pls multiquote your messages you can just click quote and select insert quotes
I know how to multiquote. I was only replying to that guy’s comment which is why I did not multi quote.
If you check all my posts are replying to different topics so there’s no point in multi quoting.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020

Hello,

It wasn't planned to do a second Bibi Log to tell people what's up with the final... But I underestimated Daz's scene opening times.

Many that have been following me for quite some time, might know that Daz has some atrocious loading times. (It loads all the morphs up for every character.)

On top of that... I had some problems building the outside of the college. There weren't any suitable assets and I had to improvise. That took a while.

But to give something back, I have some new comparisons and one simple Chapter 4 preview. (High Res for download at the bottom.)
Now I customized quite a lot and I have a clear vision of what I want to go for. s, a very big environment.

Old

The new one more or less still follows the same routine... But has a different atmosphere. Dialogue also got adjusted.

New

Old

As you can see... You see nothing. Regium had a 1070 and I had a 1060 at that time... None of us could put some actual people there... Nor did we have the experience.

Now I customized quite a lot o stuff and I have a clear vision of what I want to go for.

New

The biggest issue was that it all felt so empty. No immersion whatsoever... But we simply didn't have the computing power.

And my 3090s failed me more than once rendering those scenes. But that's not even the biggest issue these scenes cause.

It's the unbearable screen freezes and lags that come with a gigantic scene like that. Tons of visible and hidden characters and this results in a scene that has like 2FPS and screen freezes that take up to 20 seconds.

Old

New
View attachment 1895099
View attachment 1895090

The new version now features the current Ayua model with her Ch2/Ch3 hair. (It's her changing the hair. Not me.)

So yeah, I just wanted to update you guys that it might take a week or two longer... It takes like 40-90min to open a scene. (Depends on the characters.)

View attachment 1895092

- Ocean
Cheers mate! Came here for this, but I’m still pleasantly surprised at the speed of the upload.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
also last time someone made imgur folder for chapter 4 previews(it had last year patreon wallpapers too idk why),
I just ripped all the pictures present in the dev/ bibi logs while making the album... That might be why it had wallpapers too

Quarron

Mar 22, 2022
Isn't the preview belongs to chapter 4 instead of 4.5? In the bibilog it's says this preview belongs to chapter 4

Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
Isn't the preview belongs to chapter 4 instead of 4.5? In the bibilog it's says this preview belongs to chapter 4
first preview and the night is supposed to start in the next chapter. MC is talking to Mila. idk if that's a mistake or he's referring it as a whole chapter 4 (next 5) not counting 4.5 (numerically next chapter is 4.5) :unsure:
I just ripped all the pictures present in the dev/ bibi logs while making the album... That might be why it had wallpapers too
Sasha presence anywhere anyhow no issues :HideThePain:

Reactions: Warscared

Quarron

Mar 22, 2022
first preview and the night is supposed to start in the next chapter. MC is talking to Mila. idk if that's a mistake or he's referring it as a whole chapter 4 (next 5) not counting 4.5 (numerically next chapter is 4.5) :unsure:
I think he meant full ch 4, not 4.5.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Hello,

Old

New

Old

New

Old

New
View attachment 1895099
View attachment 1895090

View attachment 1895092

- Ocean
Is it just me or did Mila just got even cuter?

Sasha presence anywhere anyhow no issues :HideThePain:
The "night" scene is the old vs reworked Ch1. You can even find the old pics in the current beta.

I' m quite sure the new Mila pic is part of the "missing" Ch4 beta pics.

Last edited:

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Why does daz give he so many problems? is it the program itself or the lack of memory on the 3090? other devs like Pink cake also use daz? is it maybe the fact of demanding such detailed scenes that puts the equipment in a tight spot? lack of a processor that runs the directories faster?

I have looked at him patreon out of curiosity and it says that with 2500 patrons he would acquire a render station, what exactly does that consist of and how would it improve the workflow?

Last edited:

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Summer converted into a religious fundamentalist and became such a prude that MC had to 'turn off' his sexuality to simp for her. Then, her parents forced her to leave to join a cult, and a short time later everyone at the cult compound was somehow killed by Emperor Palpatine, leaving the solo MC as an emo virgin castout.

• Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes