Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Why does daz give he so many problems? is it the program itself or the lack of memory on the 3090? other devs like Pink cake also use daz? is it maybe the fact of demanding such detailed scenes that puts the equipment in a tight spot? lack of a processor that runs the directories faster?

I have looked at him patreon out of curiosity and it says that with 2500 patrons he would acquire a render station, what exactly does that consist of and how would it improve the workflow?
I'm no expert on Daz & Blender, so Ocean can probably chime in and give the specifics, but I imagine it's because of the numbers of character models Ocean puts in his scenes - he tries to make the scenes as realistic as possible and in the college setting he's got going, you're going to have a lot of detailed models if you're going for realism and it sounds like DAZ struggles with that.

A render station would likely consist of a pair of A6000 (or newer by the time he could get one) render cards that have 48GB per card with an NVLINK connection - this would allow the cards to pair and the rendering engine would see the two GPUs and their memory as one big 96GB card allowing a shit-ton more of rendering power and frame buffer for all the detailed models and textures Ocean wants to be able to render. I personally hope he's able to acquire this as soon as possible.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
I'm no expert on Daz & Blender, so Ocean can probably chime in and give the specifics, but I imagine it's because of the numbers of character models Ocean puts in his scenes - he tries to make the scenes as realistic as possible and in the college setting he's got going, you're going to have a lot of detailed models if you're going for realism and it sounds like DAZ struggles with that.

A render station would likely consist of a pair of A6000 (or newer by the time he could get one) render cards that have 48GB per card with an NVLINK connection - this would allow the cards to pair and the rendering engine would see the two GPUs and their memory as one big 96GB card allowing a shit-ton more of rendering power and frame buffer for all the detailed models and textures Ocean wants to be able to render. I personally hope he's able to acquire this as soon as possible.
Actually the rendering station must be something more complex than 2 A6000 in parallel, if you look, the 2 A6000 is what you are looking for with 1250 patreons.

Sin título.jpg

But the rendering station is a goal for 2500 patrons, so I don't know exactly what it consists of.

Sin título2.jpg

By the way, didn't he already have only 1 A6000 in a computer?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Why does daz give he so many problems? is it the program itself or the lack of memory on the 3090? other devs like Pink cake also use daz? is it maybe the fact of demanding such detailed scenes that puts the equipment in a tight spot? lack of a processor that runs the directories faster?

I have looked at him patreon out of curiosity and it says that with 2500 patrons he would acquire a render station, what exactly does that consist of and how would it improve the workflow?
It's both Daz and the 3090. I'm not a 3D artist, nor do I have any experience. And this is not meant as a dig against DPC at all because I love his top-tier work. But looking strictly at nothing else but the actual renders, animations, and cinematics, Ocean's work is in another league above DPC when it comes to quality and realism. The technical demands of such quality and realism demands much greater hardware and software capability. As Ocean has mentioned multiple times already, Daz is really being push beyond its limit to keep up with what this game demands.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Actually the rendering station must be something more complex than 2 A6000 in parallel, if you look, the 2 A6000 is what you are looking for with 1250 patreons.
Yup.
One A6000 cost around 5500€ and I need to get at least two at once. (Reason down below.)

But the rendering station is a goal for 2500 patrons, so I don't know exactly what it consists of.
It's a custom-designed GPU Render(Server) Rack/Box that can hold a custom amount of GPUs. (10+. No limit.)

Besides the extreme upfront costs... It would need external cooling and my electricity bill would probably be 1500€+ a month. (I already pay 400€/month for 3x 3090s.)

And I'm almost certain, I will have to increase the goal again until I can actually afford it... and sleep well.
[/QUOTE]

By the way, didn't he already have only 1 A6000 in a computer?
It was the plan to get one... but then I found out you can't run them with a 3090 in the same system.
And using only one A6000 would cost me a lot of rendering speed.

That's why I will go for two of them at once. So I don't lose any rendering speed and I'm pretty sure my system can hold a third A6000.

I just can't afford them at the moment.

It's both Daz and the 3090. I'm not a 3D artist, nor do I have any experience. [...] Ocean has mentioned multiple times already, Daz is really being push beyond its limit to keep up with what this game demands.

Pretty much this.

I have to scale some stuff down (Character amount, etc.) to not blow out the 24GB Vram.
This can be solved by professional GPU cards.

And those cards are a must when I make the switch to Blender.

But that the scene lags like hell is just Daz's fault.
Blender is much better at handling gigantic scenes. It offers functions like Simplify, proxy, etc.

Daz also can't provide me with the tools I need for some really good animations... But it still holds up when it comes to still renders.
I am still a Baby 3D-Artist and there's still so much to learn. Even in Daz.

And I could buy MotionBuilder (Animation software) to use with Daz... But it costs 2000€/annual.

And all these costs of (Assets, music, Zbrush, Adobe, Marvelous, hardware, and electricity) are adding up.
Add Motionbuilder and the price of the two A6000s to this and things are going above and beyond.

I'll just have to work with what I have until I saved enough.
As long as I have a few A6000s before Blender, we're going to be fine.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Yup.
One A6000 cost around 5500€ and I need to get at least two at once. (Reason down below.)

It's a custom-designed GPU Render(Server) Rack/Box that can hold a custom amount of GPUs. (10+. No limit.)

Besides the extreme upfront costs... It would need external cooling and my electricity bill would probably be 1500€+ a month. (I already pay 400€/month for 3x 3090s.)

And I'm almost certain, I will have to increase the goal again until I can actually afford it... and sleep well.

It was the plan to get one... but then I found out you can't run them with a 3090 in the same system.

That's why I will go for two of them at once. So I don't lose any rendering speed and I'm pretty sure my system can hold a third A6000.

Pretty much this.

I have to scale some stuff down (Character amount, etc.) to not blow out the 24GB Vram.

Blender is much better at handling gigantic scenes. It offers functions like Simplify, proxy, etc.

Daz also can't provide me with the tools I need for some really good animations... But it still holds up when it comes to still renders.

And I could buy MotionBuilder (Animation software) to use with Daz... But it costs 2000€/annual.

And all these costs of (Assets, music, Zbrush, Adobe, Marvelous, hardware, and electricity) are adding up.
Add Motionbuilder and the price of the two A6000s to this and things are going above and beyond.

So I guess you don't use Blender because it is more complicated, right? I understand that it is more permissive when it comes to elaborate scenes, but not having effects or poses "predetermined" or that you can buy already made, it takes more time to elaborate a scene.

The result you get is brutal in terms of quality, as they have said above, light years ahead of DPC (without detracting from their work), but that is costing you a lot of economic investment, it shows that you do this for passion, because anyone else would try to improve the margin of economic benefits.

It's a pity that people don't appreciate these things.

Sep 3, 2020
Yup.

Pretty much this.

[/QUOTE]
final_62499507613655006dce0ab8_663239.gif

ocean you are the greatest

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if Bella is/will become a rape victim once her mother finally marries as she expects, or if it is her biased "I am smarter than everyone" PTSD. Honestly, for all we know, the guy who is trying to marry Amber might be an alright guy and Bella just misjudged him like she misjudged Vanessa.

"I am trying to be friendly with my possible step daughter".
"FUCKING CREEP!"

I love Bella, but after the last chapter I have very little trust to her opinion on people.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Nick seems to be a nice, down-to-earth guy, but then you realize who he has for daughters.
Makes me wonder.

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
I wonder if Bella is/will become a rape victim once her mother finally marries as she expects, or if it is her biased "I am smarter than everyone" PTSD. Honestly, for all we know, the guy who is trying to marry Amber might be an alright guy and Bella just misjudged him like she misjudged Vanessa.

"FUCKING CREEP!"

I love Bella, but after the last chapter I have very little trust to her opinion on people.
Just when did it mentioned that amber seeing someone?

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018

"FUCKING CREEP!"

Amber isn't dating the holgerson She was invited to a party by him, Being invited doesn't mean you are dating!

SmiLego

Jun 23, 2020
Just when did it mentioned that amber seeing someone?
So far as MC knows and Bella told us, she is seeing noone.

Amber isn't dating the holgerson She was invited to a party by him, Being invited doesn't mean you are dating!
The elder Holgerson is trying to date her, doesn't mean she is trying to date him in return.
He is trying to date Amber, Amber is considering his action and his invitation as being neighborly.
Bella fears that the elder Holgerson will finally make Amber understand he is trying to get to her and she will accept it.

If Bella is right and the Holgersons end up being the scumbags she says they are, at least she is preparing herself physically for an ass kicking if they try anything on her.
And from what the MC knows, how they are treating Mila (behavior in school and the potential lawsuit) we don't have any reason to believe she's wrong.

Beta version? Does this mean we got a completed version soon?
Yes, should be in a week or two once DAZ is done taking it sweet time rending the end of the chapter 1 rework.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
I haven't played this in awhile and so much happened I am still trying to absorb it all and try to figure out where this is going.

I know Nami and MC planned revenge against Bella and things took a interesting twist.

I am excited for more.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
This story caught me by surprise, it turned out quite differently than I expected.

I find it refreshing, that the story is focused on one girl for a change and there are not 200 choices who to be in relationship with and who to betray with whom.
Sure, the MC can be flirty or a loner, but it doesn't affect the main story too much. Of course some interaction between main girl and side characters will be necessary at some point if the guy keeps flirting with everyone.

Reactions: codex35
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes