Sphynx-

Jun 2, 2018
Damn.I tried this WiAB and I did not like it.This is nonsense. Imposible do 2 game at the same time in solo. Make a team or...drop WIAB (I like this option more.)
I see, so because you didnt like WiAB you feel entitled enough to tell the developer to drop a game you probably dont even support, because you like this game more... which you probably dont even support.

Malkovichi

Aug 23, 2018
I see, so because you didnt like WiAB you feel entitled enough to tell the developer to drop a game you probably dont even support, because you like this game more... which you probably dont even support.
Why are you so sure that I do not support her?

Clumsy Wumsy

Jan 17, 2020
Damn.I tried this WiAB and I did not like it.This is nonsense. Imposible do 2 game at the same time in solo. Make a team or...drop WIAB (I like this option more.)
I agree, in his other game, the main character is somehow randomly thrown into one event, after which all this takes a sharp turn, the narratives change and you are thrown sharply into another. And it confuses you, you don't feel the connection, both with the story and with the characters in the end, nothing is built, while in this game everything is done perfectly for me personally. The author also decided to add NTR to everything...For whom? Why waste your energy on this? I don't know. I will wait for a complete rework, maybe everything will change for the better.

necrothef

Mar 4, 2020
I personally did not enjoy WiAB either. However, you can't just ask a developer to drop a game when this game has a such a huge fan base. Furthermore, it is the developer's choice about whether they drop it or not. Finally, forming a team is not easy at all it depends on the developer's occupation, patreon pledges, etc.
Dude this game (Summer's Gone) should have a lot more patreons, but the lack of updates don't give this game a chance... People that like it forget about it and most people don't even know it exists.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Summer's Gone has potential to be as good as BaDIK(good characters, likeable MC, good story overall, but that other game man... it's no good
Honestly plot wise BDIK is not really that great and specially considering what happened at the end of recent updates the shock factor is cheap. Even the lack of freedom over that 2 girls choice was forcefully justified... I am just waiting for plot twist as hinted. Don't get me wrong BAdik has great characters but SG has both great characters and a promising premise.

I also prefer the renders of WIAB(after rework) and SG over BADIK. The renders have this vibrance and colour palette that gives it a different aura while renders BAdik are well made but nothing very intriguing.
Not starting a war here but just as you mentioned BAdik.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Honestly plot wise BDIK is not really that great and specially considering what happened at the end of recent updates the shock factor is cheap. I am just waiting for plot twist as hinted. Don't get me wrong BAdik has great characters but SG has both great characters and a promising premise.

I also prefer the renders of WIAB(after rework) and SG over BADIK.
Totally agree. Badik has a high quality of production, but so far story wise is quite bleak. There is no one single character I actually bonded and care about.

On the contrary, I really care to know what is going to happen to the characters in SG. And I also agree that Ocean's renders are unrivaled .

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Totally agree. Badik has a high quality of production, but so far story wise is quite bleak. There is no one single character I actually bonded and care about.

On the contrary, I really care to know what is going to happen to the characters in SG. And I also agree that Ocean's renders are unrivaled .
Ocean's renders really shows the hard work he put to adjust every angles, reflections and characters poses. Really pretty.
Also the subtle cinematics at the ends are cherry on top!

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Ocean's renders really shows the hard work he put to adjust every angles, reflections and characters poses. Really pretty.
Also the subtle cinematics at the ends are cherry on top!
Totally. While I would prefer he would postpone cinematics just to give us faster updates, I cannot deny that the end result is amazing and they compare to animations you could find in AAA games with millions of dollars budgets.

Both WIAB and SG should be released on steam. They deserve a way greater market that forums like this can provide.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Totally. While I would prefer he would postpone cinematics just to give us faster updates, I cannot deny that the end result is amazing and they compare to animations you could find in AAA games with millions of dollars budgets.

Both WIAB and SG should be released on steam. They deserve a way greater market that forums like this can provide.
Indeed. This being on Steam would be pretty darn amazing. Now that he said that he's been working on time management I see a bright future for update times.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
A whole year of development, and only 1500 renders, and 6000 lines? If this isn't the highest quality update i've ever seen, i'll be dissapointed. Such a good potential for a great game. Shame it'll take 27 years before it actually gets anywhere
I actually prefer a VN that takes 20 years too develop with male and female cheracters that feel like real people , realationships and women that react too your actions and a personality that I can influence and diff kinks feels so much better than a game like being a dik which has nice renders , but cheracters that feel wrong (caugh quinn my fav chereacter ) because this game is unrealistic and too vanilla I prefer too wait 20 years for a realistic and good game because this game has so much quality and I hope ocean never change and dont end like beingadik dev and change for money where it all began and summer is gone are the best VN if ocean holds renders,realistic cheracters,choices have consequences and kinks and diff personalities alpha beta normal than this game will be a 11/10.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I still dont get it why SG and WIAB has so less patreons. I dont want to call names, everyone should know what i mean. Compared to SG an WIAB they are just abysal quality- and storywise, dont even talk about the updatecircle.

My last playthrough lies way in the past, should i get a new one to refresh or should i wait till the next update?

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
I still dont get it why SG and WIAB has so less patreons. I dont want to call names, everyone should know what i mean. Compared to SG an WIAB they are just abysal quality- and storywise, dont even talk about the updatecircle.
Its hard to attract new supporters when the games only get 1 maybe 2 updates a year, on top of that he keeps reworking his stuff, people want consistency above all else.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
It deserves more support. Lack of public I would say, there are games whose devs have a lot of support and their games are not very good, it is still a matter of opinions and likes.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Even though more support is always nice.

I wouldn't say I deserve more support at the moment.

My development process was too flawed. My updates might be on the bigger site but in the past, they lacked quality.

Sure, I am improving on all edges but at the moment this is all theoretical improvement. And it will stay theoretical improvement until Chapter 3 comes out and the individual can decide for themselves if there was an actual improvement.

Currently, we are looking at WiAB, which has very strong flaws in the current story-buildup and bad visuals and is currently getting reworked, and SG, which hasn't even left its egg and also looks and feels rough.

I cannot complain about the amount of support and I am grateful to the people who put their trust in me.

After Ch3 and with the 3090s we're looking at much better release cycles, especially because I did cut the update size in half and both games get developed at the same time and no game has to wait for the other anymore.

But these are just words. I'd rather give some proof after the Chapter 3 release.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
This game is amazing, and has great potential. The renders are beautiful, and the characters are complex. It has enough drama and depth in the story to really hook you as a player. I like it so much that even with no updates, I stop by the forums every once in awhile just to see if there is any news. It really could be one of the top 5 games here in development.

However, just my opinion, but I don't think the one update per year model is a good one. Like many have said, most people don't know this game exists. I am a firm believer that regular updates on F95 translates to Patreon pledges. It does for me and a lot of other users here. I am just speaking for myself, but this game is such high quality that if it had more frequent updates, I would start pledging on Patreon myself. But, I just can't justify pledging x dollars a month for a year for 1 update, and the extreme slowness makes me wonder if this game will ever be finished.

I just don't know how you can build support and keep the support you have with 1 update per year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twisted peel

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
My development process was too flawed. My updates might be on the bigger site but in the past, they lacked quality.
... and SG, which hasn't even left its egg and also looks and feels rough.
Oceanlab, I think you are being too hard on yourself. Summers Gone is just getting started, but the quality is great. The story and renders are really top notch. I have played it a few times, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and found the renders very beautiful.

Sure, I could probably zoom in and stare at parts of the background or a leg or something and find a few flaws, but your players aren't doing that. They look at the face and body of the main character on the screen, glance briefly at the environment or background, read the text, and move to the next slide. Compared to many, many, other very good quality games here, your renders really are among the best. And the story and dialog are very good too. I would just say continue with what you have done so far with Summer's Gone, and it will be great.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes