HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Sucks ass to have to relay on such shitty business "partners". If I had ANY artistic talent, THAT would really turn me off.
Yeah, I'm working on a game and I'm trying to decide if I'll go for Patreon (It will fit their ToS I'm pretty sure) or do SubscribeStar since they don't (yet) have the draconian policies that Patreon does. Even though my game should fit their ToS, I'm kind of inclined not to use them so they don't get the money.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Well Ocean says on discord all the time that there is no sister.
I can just quote yesterday: "And of course, there's no sis in the game, that would be agaisnt Patreon ToS".
I don't read EVERYTHING on discord, but even then I find that statement 2 or 3 times a week. And I don't really see why statements on discord would make problems for Patreon. Or he could just stay silent and say nothing about that stuff at all.
That statement does seem to be a bit "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" though.

It's like saying "And of course Qatar didn't give any backhanders to host the World Cup, that would be against the law.".

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Does anyone know why the dev decided to change the atmosphere of the first chapter and the personality of the main character in this way? He used to be such an adorable, cynical sociopath, and now he's... like in all college games.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Does anyone know why the dev decided to change the atmosphere of the first chapter and the personality of the main character in this way? He used to be such an adorable, cynical sociopath, and now he's... like in all college games.
I played pre-change and revamped Ch1 back to back, honestly prefer the revamped version, not only of the MC who I would've bitch slapped a couple time at first but then became more likable, but the general tone, Victoria for example, she was less 'creepy', more like someone who actually got ran over by a car, also in my opinion more likable. Can't wait to see the remake of Ch2 for that reason. Oh, also there's less 'mute' moments, music creates atmosphere and sometimes a lot of scenes were just silent, twas weird.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Same here, tbh, with his habit of reworks, even if it's among my favorites, I'll wait for him to finish it and rework it, before I resume playing, lol
I'm actually staggered by the amount of stuff there is from Ch3.5 to Ch4, was wondering if I shouldn't try to control myself and wait for Ch5 instead of replaying it when next update will be out, but I don't think I'll be able to, honestly this game is pure quality.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I played pre-change and revamped Ch1 back to back, honestly prefer the revamped version, not only of the MC who I would've bitch slapped a couple time at first but then became more likable, but the general tone, Victoria for example, she was less 'creepy', more like someone who actually got ran over by a car, also in my opinion more likable. Can't wait to see the remake of Ch2 for that reason. Oh, also there's less 'mute' moments, music creates atmosphere and sometimes a lot of scenes were just silent, twas weird.
I understand and agree with you that in many ways the game has gotten higher quality.
. Back then, in the old version, when I first played it, I liked the personality of the MC because it constituted a special atmosphere in the game and although I was annoyed by Victoria's childish behavior, I liked that too, because she seemed a more unusual character. All in all i guess I'm just comparing to my first emotions, which will always be stronger.

Reactions: Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I understand and agree with you that in many ways the game has gotten higher quality.
. Back then, in the old version, when I first played it, I liked the personality of the MC because it constituted a special atmosphere in the game and although I was annoyed by Victoria's childish behavior, I liked that too, because she seemed a more unusual character. All in all i guess I'm just comparing to my first emotions, which will always be stronger.
I understand where you come from, in my case I had the Ch3.5 version for a long time in my waiting list before playing it, and remembered the next day Ch4 was out, so it was fresh, I see the difference of quality between Ch3.5 and Ch4, while I see the similitude between Ch4 and the revamped Ch1, but I didn't have time to 'digest' it for a while like most people here probably did, and I suppose it must've been a shock.

For example, I've seen some 'Tier lists' of the girls, where Victoria almost always was at the bottom, I suppose if Ocean does it right, he may actually salvage her to some extent.

As for the MC, I often read elsewhere that he was nicknamed 'edgelord' for a reason, I understood the first time I played, but I get why he was distinct cause of that. Fortunately he still is, just less extreme.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes