Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I think that the exclusion of some girls from the list of LI is due to the removal of the dark path from the game.
That makes sense, Mila would be a dark path in comparison to Vic, Nojiko in comparison to Nami, Ayua in comparison to Bella. Make the latter girl fall for you but then hurt them with someone close to them.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
That makes sense, Mila would be a dark path in comparison to Vic, Nojiko in comparison to Nami, Ayua in comparison to Bella. Make the latter girl fall for you but then hurt them with someone close to them.

works.png

Now jokes aside. :)

Basicly you are right, this could work in many cases or games.

But...

Alone from the little glimpes on the dark path (afar shooting Mrs.Marla), I have doubt that Ocean had a little jealousy drama in mind as he designed he dark path in the past.

Reactions: Cahmon

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Ocean's amnesia seems to be getting worse, given the claim Maja was never a LI:

Mind you this is from 2020, Ayua & Nojiko aren't main girls/LIs now either apparently.
Ocean changed the AVN focus of the MC from a dark path/light path (see the early walkthroughs where you can get either dark or light points) to one of healing.

This changed some of what we were told about the relationships in 2020.

For example:

Bella - Dom, sub, normal
Amber - Love, sub
Vanessa, Dom, sub

There was even a harem option (originally included many of the women) but this went away when the focus changed from an AVN including a dark path, quasi psycho MC to one of healing.

The harem is gone, along with the dark path.

We'll see what happens with the dom/sub parts mentioned for certain relationships back when there was a dark path possibility.

I can't speak to what SG would be like if it continued with two such divergent paths (dark and light) within the same story.

The number of potential story permutations (full on dark, dark, a little dark, neutral, a little light, light, paladin full on light) would make SG a very difficult story to tell well on all paths (and even to make the choice variation meaningful, from a story perspective).

It would also slow story development to a crawl as Ocean tried to cover all the variations required to tell the different facets of the Light to Dark paths well.

I can say that I very much enjoy this story of healing where the MC gets to choose who he wants to build relationships with.

I like the fact that there are story consequences that we can see (actual panic attacks) when the MC pushes himself 'too hard.'

I love the scene where Bella's appearance at the end of CH 4.5 simply stopped a panic attack dead in the water.

Once the MC heard her car, the panic just vanished -- that made the MC/Bella relationship even better and more meaningful for me!

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
Ocean's amnesia seems to be getting worse, given the claim Maja was never a LI:
You forgot the best evidence of all:
1673520179211.png
It wasn't even that long ago
So I can only have threesomes with siblings? Must be this p0rn-logic. :p
I think you misunderstood me, too many negatives in my sentence :D The only threesomes possible are with nobody related to each other in the Patreon version.
I think Ocean is avoiding threesomes involving two family members in the Patreon version. The two relationships that I know are different with the incest patch are MC-Nami and Maja-Victoria, they are not related anymore. For me that implies some threesome action with them was planned, while Amber/Bella remain related so will not be possible. It's only my guess though.

Kansier

Feb 9, 2020
So I can only have threesomes with siblings? Must be this p0rn-logic. :p
That's not even what he meant you may have threesome with others if the route you follow have it. If Ocean didn't censored them like what he did to MC and Nami he will have a problem with patreon when there's a time we get a threesome with those siblings

JustAmou

Jul 11, 2020
So seeing how many LI this game has. Is it gonna be the same branching system like being a dik? or can i just go along banging whoever i want?

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
So seeing how many LI this game has. Is it gonna be the same branching system like being a dik? or can i just go along banging whoever i want?
Well technically you don't bang anyone yet. And I guess it will have some seasons until that happens.

And, well, later you have technically to settle for one girl per save. Some are compatible, but most are exclusive.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
If I remember correctly there was a scene, early in the VN, where MC, Victoria, Mila, maybe Nami are in a coffee shop but the scene opens with a partial render of a girl dressed in black, wears a black veil over her face, has a cigarette holder. Has she reappeared since then? Anyone got a theory on who she might be? Mine is she's Summer now in some type of guise, and I hope, for her as an adult, the dev uses the same one he uses for Leia in WIAB. She's stunning.

Reactions: GbolnHunter

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
While Maja is nice, We already have a plethora of blonde LIs on top of the like 20 other LIs he has planned. We dont need any more to make the updates become longer and longer.

We have 4 paths open right now and it takes him 7 months to do an update. What happens when we have the 20 LIs he has to incorporate into the story and make content for?
Exactly this. I hope his amnesia extends to more than half the list of potential LIs.

Imagine the technical debt that would accumulate having to create and maintain branching for the ~20 LIs proposed unless the intent of the design is meant to offer an illusion of choice to obfuscate a linear experience.

Anyone that wants to see the conclusion of the story within the next decade or two should be advocating for a reduction rather than an expansion of the list.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Exactly this. I hope his amnesia extends to more than half the list of potential LIs.

Imagine the technical debt that would accumulate having to create and maintain branching for the ~20 LIs proposed unless the intent of the design is meant to offer an illusion of choice to obfuscate a linear experience.

Anyone that wants to see the conclusion of the story within the next decade or two should be advocating for a reduction rather than an expansion of the list.
100% agree. Just get us to a point in game where the MCs dick actually works again and have a vast majority of that list be lewdable characters on the side if you want your MC to be a fuck boy.

Then you can add like 1 to 3 more LIs since Zara already seems to have a path opened from the last chapter and I am still under the belief that Summer comes back at some point which would be another LI. Then you could pull in someone like Nadia or Ayua or Sasha. We have a solid cast to pick from at that point, Not to much crazy branching and the story doesnt get delayed more and more with every new LI addition. Simple.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
While Maja is nice, We already have a plethora of blonde LIs on top of the like 20 other LIs he has planned. We dont need any more to make the updates become longer and longer.

We have 4 paths open right now and it takes him 7 months to do an update. What happens when we have the 20 LIs he has to incorporate into the story and make content for?
Production is slower, in terms of chapter release/x months, than normal.

Ocean clearly explained why -- he was rewriting CH 1 & 2 as part of preparing Summers Gone for a Steam release.

He is focused on a big future for SG and this release is part of that future -- Season 1 releases on Steam once he releases CH 5 final to supporters.

After this, there are no more rewrites in the works so it will take less time/chapter to reach Ch final and release.

He is also creating WIAB concurrently with SG.

Agree or disagree - I'm all for whatever Ocean needs to do to maintain his creativity, his health and his desire to keep creating new chapters of SG.

One of the things many of us enjoy about this great AVN is top notch music!

This has been a challenge for Ocean due to the time and $ required to negotiate the use of music for an AVN.

He has, in my opinion, the best playlist of any AVN I've played... it's so good, I will just put the play list on and listen to it while I work on weekends/evenings.

Music is expensive, and the time to negotiate those licenses competes with the time he uses to render/animate and write the story.

At one time, he mentioned looking to hire someone to take on this role so he can focus on what he enjoys most, and it not working with lawyers and music services to try to lock down the interpretations of a contract just so he can use a song and not have to worry about it 3 years later.

I don't know where he stands on this now, but I trust him to make the best use of his time.

Ocean teams well with others, he is not afraid to hire others to help but sometimes that becomes its own problem.

The outdoor field complex - he hired someone to make that for him and they did a great job.

He hired someone to make an in-game phone for SG and that person bolo 'ed that so Ocean had to delay implementation of that feature and, last word was that he is creating this feature himself.

He upgrades hardware to make SG even better through time and he upgrades software as he needs to so that SG is built on a stable foundation (CH 4 involved a RenPy update that broke saves but it had to be done and I'm fine with that - I was going to restart anyway so I could see the new content in CH 1 and 2).

So - What can We do to help Ocean with Summers Gone (besides the obvious Patreon/SS support)?

We can wish-list Summers Gone on Steam and it does not cost any $.

If enough of us do this, it will increase the visibility of SG on Steam and that will influence where they show SG.

We can put Summers Gone on the first page of Steam and keep it there.

Ch 4.5 final is coming out soon. Why not hit Steam and take care of wish listing SG there before downloading the Ch 4.5 final when it releases.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Production is slower, in terms of chapter release/x months, than normal.

Ocean clearly explained why -- he was rewriting CH 1 & 2 as part of preparing Summers Gone for a Steam release.
Its not like SG had a shorter cycle before all that though. The issue is that he insists on running 2 games side by side instead of just finishing one. His insistence on making the games belong together was in my opinion a way to get people off his back for trying to do both at the same time because it took away from the other.

Now he is making them coexist in the same universe, Which caused the reworks/rewrites to both games which has caused longer times in between. Then he has this super extensive list of LIs for SG that makes the amount of girls in BaDIK look small. So I don't see the production pace getting better, Its going to continue to slow down with the amount of content he is going to have to add in each subsequent chapter on top of whatever he has planned for WiaB as well.

And that's assuming we even make it that far with out "burnout" or just losing his interest in this project.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt as this is one of the better AVNs I have played, But the track record of a vast majority of games on here going belly up due to the aforementioned things above or the dev just ghosting before even getting close to the end has trained me not to get my hopes up high.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Now he is making them coexist in the same universe, Which caused the reworks/rewrites to both games which has caused longer times in between.
They always existed in the same 'universe', even when Regium was the dev (Ocean gave him the story). In fact there are/were five games planned within the same universe.
Its not like SG had a shorter cycle before all that though. The issue is that he insists on running 2 games side by side instead of just finishing one. His insistence on making the games belong together was in my opinion a way to get people off his back for trying to do both at the same time because it took away from the other.
Ocean is working on two games because Regium bailed, and Ocean is passionate about finishing both games. It hasn't got anyone off his back, people regularly mention it. Working on two games slows both, but there's little chance of this changing so no point rehashing it.

Finishing the rework should lead to shorter periods between releases. As would hiring artists to help out theoretically, assuming Ocean can afford it & can properly manage them.

We'll have to wait & see if Ocean can achieve more consistent/shorter release times, or things continue to get in the way of his stated goals.
I'm singling this out because I flat-out disagree. The last update for SG took 4 months and he said that he was aiming for 3-4 month development cycles moving forward.
I know Ocean has said the last update took three months, but given the final version still isn't out yet it's going to be over five months since 4.0 final was released.

I assume he's referring to how long it took to render the substance of 4.5 (ignoring the rework, coding etc.), which is great news if it can be maintained. In theory it's a useful benchmark for future chapters once we're past the rework.

Period between releases (full/final versions):

File/VersionBuild datePeriod (months)
SummersGone-Ch3final-pc.zip2021-01-22NA
SummersGone_3.5_Full-pc.zip2021-08-19~7
SummersGoneChapter4-pc.zip2022-07-24~11
SummersGoneChapter4.52023-01-?~6

Last edited:

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
no banging needed for nami from some other guy i want to have it all variety of desserts
Pretty sure she goes lesbo if i don't take her. :ROFLMAO: I'll indulge on some play through. But seriously, Bella.... and i want my sis with a good guy :ROFLMAO:
2023-01-13 02_30_19-Summer's Gone.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Piat
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes