Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Good to know. It makes sense as much as the "soon-to-be-your-teacher pointing her gun at you" scene makes sense. Good heavens. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
A lot of devs do the same no logical sense whatever partial chapter thing, even though the "chapter" demarcation is entirely arbitrary and each partial chapter is really logically a full chapter by itself.

Having said that, would it make you feel better if the releases were called "Chapter 4 Part 1" and "Chapter 4 Part 2"?

JamesM81

Aug 14, 2022
Reading these last few posts, I guess I misunderstood Ocean's roadmap. I thought the next release would be 5.0 with the rest of chapter 2 reworked and the Steam release.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
A lot of devs do the same no logical sense whatever partial chapter thing, even though the "chapter" demarcation is entirely arbitrary and each partial chapter is really logically a full chapter by itself.
Usually chapters end with an emotional high point, like Bella's return in the last chapter (or Nami's kiss as well).
Single updates are too short to build up to that point on a regular, so it makes sense to split it in half.
Reading these last few posts, I guess I misunderstood Ocean's roadmap. I thought the next release would be 5.0 with the rest of chapter 2 reworked and the Steam release.
The next release is ch4.5 full with the first half of reworked ch2 (it should release this month).
The following one will be ch5 (probably beta, followed by the full version with the second half of reworker ch2).

Reactions: JamesM81

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Close. Full Release 4.5 will have the first part of reworked chapter 2. And (probadly) full release chapter 5 will have the rest of chapter 2 reworked, beside the new content from chapter 5 of course.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Usually chapters end with an emotional high point, like Bella's return in the last chapter (or Nami's kiss as well).
Uh, no, while that's often a tool used as a hook to keep people interested, that's not a requirement for the end of a chapter. Also, Bella's return is at the end of a half-chapter, not to mention the cuffed to girl's change room cliffhanger was also the end of a half chapter, while the end of the chapter 4 was a boring talk on a bus ride.

Unless you meant the end of the 4.5 as the end of the chapter, in which case the naming convention - half chapters ends with .0 while full chapters end with .5 - makes even less logical sense.

Single updates are too short to build up to that point on a regular, so it makes sense to split it in half.
I don't think anybody here thinks any of the half-chapters are too short, so this really isn't the issue.

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
Close. Full Release 4.5 will have the first part of reworked chapter 2. And (probadly) full release chapter 5 will have the rest of chapter 2 reworked, beside the new content from chapter 5 of course.
So we have to wait 2 updates if we want to restart the game ?
There won't be like a chapter 3 rework ?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Versioning is a bitch in the AVN world. You see TheGame v0.1 and the title screen says it's the first chapter. Then you get version 0.2 and it says it's the second chapter. You think: “OK, I noticed a pattern, I don’t know what the first digit means, but the second one is exactly the chapter number. And suddenly the next released version is v0.21. What the... Is this chapter 21? Obviously it is not. Is this a fix for v0.2? But it contains new content after v0.2 ends.
Not that it matters much, but why use software versioning schemes for something like a TV series? It's common that the series consists of seasons. Each season, in turn, consists of a number of more or less equal episodes. If the episode has to be longer than usual, it's divided into two or three parts. And it's all. Leave those <major.minor.micro> to software products.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Versioning is a bitch in the AVN world. You see TheGame v0.1 and the title screen says it's the first chapter. Then you get version 0.2 and it says it's the second chapter. You think: “OK, I noticed a pattern, I don’t know what the first digit means, but the second one is exactly the chapter number. And suddenly the next released version is v0.21. What the... Is this chapter 21? Obviously it is not. Is this a fix for v0.2? But it contains new content after v0.2 ends.
Not that it matters much, but why use software versioning schemes for something like a TV series? It's common that the series consists of seasons. Each season, in turn, consists of a number of more or less equal episodes. If the episode has to be longer than usual, it's divided into two or three parts. And it's all. Leave those <major.minor.micro> to software products.
Which goes back to my point - half chapters is a stupid way to call these releases, especially when the content is logically a full chapter by itself.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
So we have to wait 2 updates if we want to restart the game ?
There won't be like a chapter 3 rework ?
Iirc, chapter 3 was the first one with Ocean as the sole developer. The intro with the spiders was done with chapter 3, so the remaking of chapter 1 and 2 will have everything in the VN from Ocean's solo work.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Having said that, would it make you feel better if the releases were called "Chapter 4 Part 1" and "Chapter 4 Part 2"?
I guess you're missing my point.

Since the Author Himself claims that Season 1 on Steam is going to be chapters 1-5, everybody should ask whether 4.5 and/or 5.5 are/are going to be part of... chapter 4? chapter 5? chapter 6?

So, will 5.5 be Season 1 or Season 2?

Anyway, I have another question: I see Bella on the phone with MC in episode 4 with her "everyday car", and riding back home using the "everyday car" (of course), BUT in episode 4.5 I see Mila showing her photo with the "other car" (the silver cabrio coupé) and when Bella shows up in front of MC at the end of 4.5 she's riding the silver coupé car (is it an Audi?). How is it? am I missing something?

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017

Since the Author Himself claims that Season 1 on Steam is going to be chapters 1-5, everybody should ask whether 4.5 and/or 5.5 are/are going to be part of... chapter 4? chapter 5? chapter 6?

Anyway, I have another question: I see Bella on the phone with MC in episode 4 with her "everyday car", and riding back home using the "everyday car" (of course), BUT in episode 4.5 I see Mila showing her photo with the "other car" (the silver cabrio coupé) and when Bella shows up in front of MC at the end of 4.5 she's riding the silver coupé car (is it an Audi?). How is it? am I missing something?
cloud be ayua`s car i was thinking about that too

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Add to that the fact that Ayua or Bella one said something like "you can't drive your racing car for a usual drive or the cops will be on you in no time" and you will see that story line isn't consistent.

Oct 21, 2022
Add to that the fact that Ayua or Bella one said something like "you can't drive your racing car for a usual drive or the cops will be on you in no time" and you will see that story line isn't consistent.
I assume it will be written off with Bella just really wanting to see MC? Took backroads or something lol, because you're right I think It's Bella who tells you that.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Well, I supposed I was missing your point, since it's generally unspoken but understood that .0 is part 1 of a chapter and .5 is part 2 of the same chapter. So by that convention, 5.5 would be part of Chapter 5, thus Season 1. I didn't even think that anybody had any doubt about that part.

Actually, there are 2 other cars shown. The first one is the silver car that Bella was sitting on is a Porsche, not Audi. Or more specifically, it's based on the Porsche Cayman GT4 RS.

ae1489x.jpg dsc08690-1637086240.jpg

The second "other car" was a picture of her in a car with only her leg sticking out and visible. That's an entirely different car based on a Mercedes roadster, but it's a little hard to tell if it's the C or E or S class roadster, as Mercedes has gone really deep towards the "1 sausage, different size" design concept for its cars.

ae1999.jpg

C-Class
Mercedes C-Class Cabriolet (4).jpg

E-Class
2018-mercedes-benz-e-class-cabriolet-first-drive.jpg

S-Class
2021-mercedes-benz-s-class-convertible-rear-view-carbuzz-584913.jpg

Last edited:

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Bella's return is at the end of a half-chapter, not to mention the cuffed to girl's change room cliffhanger was also the end of a half chapter, while the end of the chapter 4 was a boring talk on a bus ride.

Unless you meant the end of the 4.5 as the end of the chapter, in which case the naming convention - half chapters ends with .0 while full chapters end with .5 - makes even less logical sense.
Ch4.5 is the second half of Chapter 4, hence its ending is full Chapter 4's ending.

Ch3.5 similarly ends with the midfield pact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The chapter then goes on with the handcuffs epilogue, but that's just used in a "snap back to reality" way.

In the same vein, Ch2 ends with MC's promise of helping Victoria.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not arguing the versioning is not confusing, cause it is lol.
I don't think anybody here thinks any of the half-chapters are too short, so this really isn't the issue.
I meant that updates are too short to always end on an emotional high note. You need time to build them up and the story around them.
With half chapters you've more room for maneuver.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, I supposed I was missing your point, since it's generally unspoken but understood that .0 is part 1 of a chapter and .5 is part 2 of the same chapter. So by that convention, 5.5 would be part of Chapter 5, thus Season 1. I didn't even think that anybody had any doubt about that part.
I see. Therefore we will have to wait for 4.5, 5beta, 5, 5.5beta and 5.5 till Season 1 is complete. Holy Cow. :rolleyes:

Actually, there are 2 other cars shown. The first one is the silver car that Bella was sitting on is a Porsche, not Audi. Or more specifically, it's based on the Porsche Cayman GT4 RS.

View attachment 2309085
So, I guess she's sitting on Ayua's car...

...but where is this coming from? why didn't she come back with her "everyday" black car?

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes