FunChaser

Nov 7, 2021
... It is either Ayua´s, Amber´s or Nadja´s car.
It can be Amber's car. It can also explain the "familiar rumble", but we didn't see it yet (in the reworked Ch. 2)...
So by that convention, 5.5 would be part of Chapter 5, thus Season 1. I didn't even think that anybody had any doubt about that part.
Really? I doubt it. I suppose that ch.4full completes chapter 4, so ch. 4.5 belongs to ch. 5. Ocean is going to issue Season 1 this year. I believe, ch. 5full will complete Season 1.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
For those wondering about how many more iterations we have to go to reach CH 5, here is Ocean's explanation from his pinned first SS post:

Chapter 2 will be reworked in two parts after Chapter 4.5 and the Chapter 5 release. Then all this rework for Steam stuff is done, and we can completely focus on the future.

Given that his previous releases (starting with CH 3) followed this pattern: CH x Beta, CH x Final, CH x.5 Beta, CH x.5 Final, I think we can expect the following:

CH 4.5 Final (adds CH 2, 1st half rework)
CH 5 Beta (adds new content from the end of CH 4.5 Final)
CH 5 Final (adds CH 2, 2nd half rework)

Once this is done, Season 1 (CH 1 - 5) is a wrap and we get a Steam release.

I've seen nothing from Ocean on Discord, SS or F95 that says he will vary from the above.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
For those wondering about how many more iterations we have to go to reach CH 5, here is Ocean's explanation from his pinned first SS post:

Chapter 2 will be reworked in two parts after Chapter 4.5 and the Chapter 5 release. Then all this rework for Steam stuff is done, and we can completely focus on the future.

Given that his previous releases (starting with CH 3) followed this pattern: CH x Beta, CH x Final, CH x.5 Beta, CH x.5 Final, I think we can expect the following:

CH 4.5 Final (adds CH 2, 1st half rework)
CH 5 Beta (adds new content from the end of CH 4.5 Final)
CH 5 Final (adds CH 2, 2nd half rework)

Once this is done, Season 1 (CH 1 - 5) is a wrap and we get a Steam release.

I've seen nothing from Ocean on Discord, SS or F95 that says he will vary from the above.
There'll be a Ch5.5, I think it'll be part of Season 1 but that was never specified tbf.

1673692580682.png

I think the confusion stems from Ocean using "Chapter 5" to refer to the whole Chapter 5 (meaning Ch5 + Ch5.5).
I believe the roadmap should be as follow:
  • Ch4.5 Full (1st half of reworked Ch2)
  • Ch5 Beta (1st half of new Chapter 5)
  • Ch5 Full (2nd half of reworked Ch2)
  • Ch5.5 Beta (2nd half of new Chapter 5)
  • Ch5.5 Full (final polish + Steam release)

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
A lot of devs do the same no logical sense whatever partial chapter thing, even though the "chapter" demarcation is entirely arbitrary and each partial chapter is really logically a full chapter by itself.

Having said that, would it make you feel better if the releases were called "Chapter 4 Part 1" and "Chapter 4 Part 2"?
I feel like the partial chapter method helps not be confusing at first glance. Otherwise there would be much upcry over lopsided chapter size and development times.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
There'll be a Ch5.5, I think it'll be part of Season 1 but that was never specified tbf.

View attachment 2310365

I think the confusion stems from Ocean using "Chapter 5" to refer to the whole Chapter 5 (meaning Ch5 + Ch5.5).
I believe the roadmap should be as follow:
  • Ch4.5 Full (1st half of reworked Ch2)
  • Ch5 Beta (1st half of new Chapter 5)
  • Ch5 Full (2nd half of reworked Ch2)
  • Ch5.5 Beta (2nd half of new Chapter 5)
  • Ch5.5 Full (final polish + Steam release)
I don't think Ocean will wait to put Season 1 of SG on Steam for another 7+ months (I've seen a reference to a Steam release in the first half of 2023).

If we go with an average of 3.5 months/release (I think we will get close to this once the CH 2 rework is done), then waiting until CH 5.5 is Final before publishing on Steam will push the Steam release into 3Q23.

I can't see Ocean taking the time out from rev 4.5 to get SG on the Steam store and then leave it in wishlist status for 7 months or more but that's just me.

He is going to continue to use a .5 CH release schedule (and he even added that he is changing the WIAB release schedule to that of SG, with .5 CH increments every release).

I believe that Ocean will clarify the timing of the Steam release (and what chapter rev constitutes 'Gold' for Season 1) in one of his next few SG dev logs.

Until then, I will agree to disagree - first world problem you know. :)

Reactions: Uriel ☁

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
But you are right and there seems to be a continuity error. She was at the racer gathering, holding MC's jacket while being next to the BMW, and then drove away in the same BMW in the same cinematic. But then she shows up in the Mercedes roadster. It makes no sense to switch car if you ask me, as the BMW while being her daily driver really should be no slower than the Mercedes on regular roads, if real life performance holds true in this make up universe.
No continuity error.

You'll get the answer in Chapter 5.

And Chapter 5 marks the end of Season 1.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Guys I was only kidding about the ntr...:LOL:
*dodges all the spears thrown at her*
Yeah, you were thinking about it...
I almost threw one myself but then thought it wasn't worth it. Yeah yeah, you're welcome.

:p
Looks like the spears are flying in the wrong direction. Full list of discussion topics on Steam:
1. glad to see this is coming to steam
2. game needs optional ntr

Dec 23, 2022
Looks like the spears are flying in the wrong direction. Full list of discussion topics on Steam:
1. glad to see this is coming to steam
2. game needs optional ntr
Yeah I gave up reading discussions on Steam. It might get hot on these forums at times but there's a special hell designated for many of the crowd on there. I lost too many IQ points because of them and that's my excuse for coming out with dumb things on here :p

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Thank you, I stand corrected.
Well you got a clarification from the dev himself. Not sure if you want to know, it's not really a spoiler, but someone here mentioned that she doesn't go straight back to MC's house from the race.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How reliable that tiny bit of info is I dunno but it would explain your continuity error concern.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes