Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
You forgot to mention Auntie Summer
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
btw, this photo can be used against people who complain about the rework

Yeah, you know something's not right when a girl has her tits out but the guys stare at her face instead. It's like a violation of a fundamental law of nature.

Though I do find it very interesting to see how much the game has changed since its inception, not just visually but also conceptually.

EDIT: Added the spoiler tag for the image

Reactions: Yaaai

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Not what I meant to imply. And what I said was in jest. I'm not expecting the tragedy that befell her to have been her fault. I just feel like the story is much better and much more meaningful if she stays gone.

That said I don't have much sympathy for her. From the flashbacks we have seen, she was an absolute asshole as far as children or teens go. Can you imagine how much of a bitch Nami would have turned out if they had remained friends well into the late teens/early adulthood? I don't think the "hate" she gets here is unwarranted. She is portrayed in a ratherawful manner.
The hate's unwarranted. The flashbacks that have been shown up to this point don't paint that kind of picture(that she was an asshole). The most a-holish thing she did was... what? Playing MC's video games knowing that it would bug him and get his attention? She was a kid. A kid with a crush. Most of the "bad" things she did were done in order to get MC's attention. In literally every other flashback not-involving her going after MC, she's a sweetheart. People hate her because they've either already chosen an LI and dislike the prospect of Summer potentially ruining things for them, or they dislike the prospect of her returning at all. She hasn't done enough to justify the amount of hate she's receiving.

Edit#1: I also think people hate her because Nami hates her
Edit #2: Nami started hating her because of Nami's own feelings for MC. Nami's in-love with him but the tabboo of it all kept her from doing/saying anything about it. Meanwhile, Summer came, saw something she liked, and just took it. Summer probably didn't even know that Nami had a crush on MC. Nami chose to distance herself from them after they started dating. They had no problem hanging out with Elsa when they were dating, so... what? In Nami's eyes, Summer broke the girl code. In Summer's eyes, there was no girl code to be broken. I'll stop here because this is a whole other topic... but the thing that killed their friendship was Nami's resentment. What's messed up is that she's still resentful to this day despite the fact that Summer could be dead for all she knows.

Last edited:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
The hate's unwarranted. The flashbacks that have been shown up to this point don't paint that kind of picture(that she was an asshole). The most a-holish thing she did was... what? Playing MC's video games knowing that it would bug him and get his attention? She was a kid. A kid with a crush. Most of the "bad" things she did were done in order to get MC's attention. In literally every other flashback not-involving her going after MC, she's a sweetheart. People hate her because they've either already chosen an LI and dislike the prospect of Summer potentially ruining things for them, or they dislike the prospect of her returning at all. She hasn't done enough to justify the amount of hate she's receiving.
I can see your point but ultimately I entirely and respectfully disagree. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but she put me off from the very start with how she speaks and treats others. Not only with how she speaks to MC but to Elsa and Nami too. I'm not saying the MC is any better but the very first scene of the game has them pitting animals against each other. Whatever symbolism lies behind that scene it's still off putting imo. She is rude, rash and prone to violence when she is entirely in the wrong. If my child ever acts like that, I failed as a parent. There is nothing "sweet" about Summer, in my perspective. But to each their own.

EDIT: Nami hates her because she literally dumped her for the MC. She says so herself. She stopped spending time with Nami to hang out with the MC which drove Nami even farther apart from MC as well. There is no indication she ever tried an olive branch. She instead calls Nami stupid for being upset at her dumping her best friend. Also they are around 13 years old. Not 5. Not 8. They are teens.

Last edited:

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
For those who would like to have a preview of the old version of the game so that we can keep the images in archive

A link if you want to get Chapter 2 and see the Easter eggs compared to the new chapter rework

Pixeldrain Link
For example: You could notice that at the time Vanessa was not supposed to have a heterochromia but green eyes as William Zane's new concept was not yet decided
View attachment 2365423
Naah.
If you look closely, Vanessa already has heterochromia.

And I have to agree with Lady Fortuna

I also don't get the hate Summer receives. (Besides being a little pushy and wanting to fight the MC (excuse for body contact?)

And while she is a little rebellious, I don't think she did anything bad yet.
Future flashbacks will shine a bit more light on the entire matter. (There was some foreshadowing in Ch4.5)

But I do get why some people want Summer to stay away.

Let's see what happens :LUL:

Paradigms

Apr 20, 2020
Naah.
If you look closely, Vanessa already has heterochromia.

And I have to agree with Lady Fortuna

I also don't get the hate Summer receives. (Besides being a little pushy and wanting to fight the MC (excuse for body contact?)

And while she is a little rebellious, I don't think she did anything bad yet.
Future flashbacks will shine a bit more light on the entire matter. (There was some foreshadowing in Ch4.5)

But I do get why some people want Summer to stay away.

Let's see what happens :LUL:
Very small heterochromia unlike today, for sure :KEK:

Reactions: Jumbi

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
If harem, then bring Summer back and add her to the orgy pile.
If not harem, then Summer represents a threat to main LI. No bueno. Summer must die to protect (insert best girl).

Reactions: SumTingWong0420

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Very small heterochromia unlike today, for sure :KEK:
Yeah. I suppose I must be in the minority as to what I think, but I particularly find the intense contrast between the color of her eyes unattractive, rather the opposite. Add that to her cunning and the result is that I find her to be the less desirable of the girls.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Same thing with Zoey from BaDik but after EP 9 she gained a lot of fans
Ewww no! I actually started hating her even more in the new ep because she is shoved upon us. I wanted that tumor out of my MC's life for good but she keeps growing back. the only reason she isn't my most hated character in that game is because the goblin exists.

Ocean's post really does disappoint me though. I get the feeling that the only thing I didn't want to happen in Summer's Not Really Gone I Guess is inevitable :(

Reactions: Swarovsky7

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I can see your point but ultimately I entirely and respectfully disagree. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but she put me off from the very start with how she speaks and treats others. Not only with how she speaks to MC but to Elsa and Nami too. I'm not saying the MC is any better but the very first scene of the game has them pitting animals against each other. Whatever symbolism lies behind that scene it's still off putting imo. She is rude, rash and prone to violence when she is entirely in the wrong. If my child ever acts like that, I failed as a parent. There is nothing "sweet" about Summer, in my perspective. But to each their own.

EDIT: Nami hates her because she literally dumped her for the MC. She says so herself. She stopped spending time with Nami to hang out with the MC which drove Nami even farther apart from MC as well. There is no indication she ever tried an olive branch. She instead calls Nami stupid for being upset at her dumping her best friend. Also they are around 13 years old. Not 5. Not 8. They are teens.
Keep in mind the intro sequence is Nika's dream/flashback, which has warped reality rules that fit his mental state of trauma, rather than being a bit of exact history. THe flowers and the creepy nature of the spiders are a clue that not everything is normal.

Everything in that dream reflects Nika's understanding of what happened, rather than being facts; it is what he witnessed and how he perceived the dynamic between Summer and Nami. And in effect he's talking to the part of himself that tries to understand what happened to Summer that day, not Summer herself, as you can tell at the end of the scene. The other flashbacks seem far more ordinary/approriate to the age they were.

My theory is that Ocean potentially might want to tell the events of Summer's side of the story as a separate novel. Maybe Summer will have a cameo returning here, maybe she will indeed appear. Currently her presence is stronger and she has more effect via absence and shadowing. I think those things really depend on Ocean's vision for the metanarrative of the series, rather than a cheap jump scare for the LI's.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
I'm sure I wasn't the 1st who doesn't care for Summer although I don't hate her as of yet, any implied dislike is only in effect if/when she returns. I just feel, as I've stated, I didn't get enough info / personal history from her *early* enough, as in if she was meant to be as important or moreso than all the current LI's I needed to feel more attached to her Before the plethora of hotties that MC is now surrounded by on the daily, she's got nothing to emotionally compete with against the others except mc's refusal to try and move on.

I DO however feel she is an important plot device to maintain an almost constant source of intrigue but I also agree with those who've said she serves better being absent ...but that's only my opinion bc I don't want mc to disregard any of his currently developing relations to get re absorbed into her.

Kokodeska

Feb 24, 2021
so where is the next release??? is there a cuddle between mc and bella and i love long make out session dev please include it in next update.

Reactions: hawk784563
Jan 25, 2023
I would love for Summer to make an appearance after the MC is dating his LI choice.
Now before someone says "Waah no forcing her on me!!", she could be more of just a plot stooge.
Maybe she turned out in a way that MC wouldn't like or she has a boyfriend now.
I just want it for the sheer drama. Plus I like her feisty nature.
I'm sure if she looked hot enough and was feisty, folks would be like "OMG Summer best girl!" :LOL:
But yeah, imagine Bella and Summer meeting...or the Nami and Summer re-union.
It opens up a real powder keg :devilish:

Last edited:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Ewww no! I actually started hating her even more in the new ep because she is shoved upon us. I wanted that tumor out of my MC's life for good but she keeps growing back. the only reason she isn't my most hated character in that game is because the goblin exists.

Ocean's post really does disappoint me though. I get the feeling that the only thing I didn't want to happen in Summer's Not Really Gone I Guess is inevitable :(
You're in the minority still hating Zoey for 'reasons', then.

Also, that's kind of a 'control freak' attitude you got there, that's his story, deal with it.

I know I can't wait to see what's next, and whatever happened to Summer, next session with Amber, at the cabin, will definitely shed light on all that.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes