Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Yep -

Edit: the way the quotes don't link the other quotes, I'm an idiot:

The post with the link's I collected
Ok thanks, I meant a working non-compressed version, couldn't find any, but it looks like one of the mega links still works... I usually avoid mega, but let's hope it'll let me.

Edit: whew, it did work... so anyone looking for the regular 4.5, the mega link still works (the others are ded)... aright, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobTheDuck

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
And speaking of which, I finally downloaded the damned thing to check it out... and yeah, not impressed so far (I'm at the gym with Bella part, so not done yet).

6 years of development and endless remakes, changes and tweaks to renders, story and dialogues, and the game STILL has typos and it STILL reads like it's badly translated, with a ton of just weird dialogues.

Oh and also, STILL the same basic bitch renpy UI. STILL the same ugly-ass text-box that covers a third of the screen (imagine having some of the best renders in the genre and covering them with that shit), STILL the same vanilla renpy font, with no shadow or outline... STILL the same base renpy choice-button visuals... STILL the same ugly main menu screen with mis-aligned and mis-fitting buttons with jagged edges.

Right now my only question is: What the fuck has Ocean been doing all this time? Even shit-tier AVNs put in the effort to at least customize the UI for fuck's sake... like, this is some very basic stuff, for real... Is this really a product worth defending tooth and nail as if it were one of the best AVNs out there? :WaitWhat:

Well, like I said, not impressed right now... It's really disappointing that he's taken sooo much time to "prepare for a Steam release" and this is what he released.
You are quite invested in telling everyone all that is wrong with Summers gone, spending what most of us would consider valuable time making Many comments about all the things that are wrong with Summers Gone.

Why, you have actually gone so far as to download and start playing this rev - Summers Gone Season 1, After making all your recent previous posts about all the ills of Summers Gone. ;)

So - what do you like about Summers Gone?

Surely you are not staying in a thread only to decry all that you don't like about this story.

I know if I really don't like something, I move on, my time has value.

You have not moved on.

This means that you stayed for a reason.

I've not been shy posting what I enjoy about Summers Gone and I've been specific.

So- what do you like about Summers Gone that keeps you returning to this thread, specifically?

Cheers!! :coffee:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I delete my game and download new steam version and delete my save files in appdata. I start a new game but game is constantly ending ch4.5 after Name scene. Can someone send their pls persistence file, i dunno how to fix this.
I did not encounter this problem, but I play SG (CH 5 B) on an external HD while I play Steam on my desktop.

Did you delete your Renpy save files for Summers gone?

Did you download CH 5 B and try playing that from the end of your CH 4.5 saves?

Are you playing on PC, MAC or Android?

If you can reply with more information and any traceback log, if available, someone may be able to give you more specific ideas to help than what I provided above.

GL!

Reactions: Sleepy666

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
You are quite invested in telling everyone all that is wrong with Summers gone, spending what most of us would consider valuable time making Many comments about all the things that are wrong with Summers Gone.

Why, you have actually gone so far as to download and start playing this rev - Summers Gone Season 1, After making all your recent previous posts about all the ills of Summers Gone. ;)

So - what do you like about Summers Gone?

Surely you are not staying in a thread only to decry all that you don't like about this story.

I know if I really don't like something, I move on, my time has value.

You have not moved on.

This means that you stayed for a reason.

I've not been shy posting what I enjoy about Summers Gone and I've been specific.

So- what do you like about Summers Gone that keeps you returning to this thread, specifically?

Too bad you didn't pay attention when I answered those exact questions...

https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-s1-steam-dlc-oceanlab.29981/post-13636306

anyways, you feel better now? got it all out of your system? good... moving on...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Right, but to me the most mind-boggling thing is: Why even try to make S1 16+???
Could this have something to do with the fact that the first season was intended as a prologue focused on relationship building and there was no sex planned there from the beginning? Could it be similar question to why the MC from one game, in the thread of which you participate (let's call him Ed) still hasn't fucked one of the main characters (let's call her Elsa?) :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Seriously disappointed that there is no new content (any info what's next, WiAB or SG?), just the rework of the already existing one. And no Nami titties at the lake is also disappointing.
Nami titties at the lake is going to be re-added, as Ocean was forced to go for the frequent nudity. There might be more uncensoring.

Next I imagine is the WiaB 3.5 plus steam early access for that, then SG S2E1, based on Ocean's habit of (attempted) alternating between the two games.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: minibaer12

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Try this:
Download PC version from first page, then
1. Go to SummersGone_Season1_Steam\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\MacOS\ and remove file libsteam_api.dylib
2. Go to SummersGone_Season1_Steam\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\Resources\ and create empty folder with name autorun
3. Move two folders (game and renpy) and two files (SummersGone_Season1_Steam.py and SummersGone_Season1_Steam.sh)
from here:
SummersGone_Season1_Steam\
to here:
SummersGone_Season1_Steam\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\

MAC version is Done.
Run the game from here SummersGone_Season1_Steam\SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app\Contents\MacOS\SummersGone_Season1_Steam
I'm not a Mac guy so thank you for taking the time to provide this level of detail to help a stranger here on F95.

Reactions: Sleepy666

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Nami titties at the lake is going to be re-added, as Ocean was forced to go for the frequent nudity. There might be more uncensoring.

Next I imagine is the WiaB 3.5 plus steam early access for that, then SG S2E1, based on Ocean's habit of (attempted) alternating between the two games.
What surprises me is that Nami's breasts were censored at the lake, but not in the rest of the game.

The jacuzzi scene has also been drastically censored. The bubbling water now looks much more believable, but of course it obscures what we previously saw in the uncensored version.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Too bad you didn't pay attention when I answered those exact questions...

https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-s1-steam-dlc-oceanlab.29981/post-13636306

anyways, you feel better now? got it all out of your system? good... moving on...
I was paying attention.

You have made 17 posts about Summers Gone since May 3rd, most of them finding fault with Summers Gone/any number of Ocean's business decisions: cash grab this and music license that, effectively burying the link you included above, which was actually a thoughtful part of a discussion.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
What surprises me is that Nami's breasts were censored at the lake, but not in the rest of the game.

The jacuzzi scene has also been drastically censored. The bubbling water now looks much more believable, but of course it obscures what we previously saw in the uncensored version.
What is on steam is what Ocean tried to get rated for "Ocassional Nudity". Steam kept requiring him to cut more and more scenes, until he gave up and settled for "Frequent Nudity", and will now return what he can that doesn't put it into 18+. I think it was a case off trying to get the percentage down, and cutting the renders that he felt were less important to the story. Some of Nami's earlier renders show her vulnerability, or cringe factor, while the lake scene nudity doesn't really cahnge the fact she's straddling him either way.

Basically nothing with below waist from the front will be returned. I haven't gotten past Nick's dinner at my playthrough yet, so I haven't seen what happens at the movie/pizza night...

I'm surprised at the full frontal treats, but because they're DLC sold separately I imagine that gets around any licensing issues.

What's the difference between Steam version and Chapter 5 beta?
Why are people angry is there some sort of censorship?
- Ch5 Beta doesn't have the completed Ch2 and Ch3 reworks, so there are quite a few continuity errors and very old renders that are painfully lower quality in the beta. Ch 5 full/Steam has all the rework complete with only bug/oversight issues, but it's the completed chapters 1-5 (+2150 new renders for Ch2,3 and 4)
- it requires a restart to see all the new renders.
- any lewds steam considered 18+ got cut, which is penis, vagina or sexual activity.
- Ocean tried to reduce the lewd content enough to meet steams requirements but it didn't succeed, so he will return some of the non 18+ lewds seeing he didn't manage to get the rating he'd hoped for probably in a patch.

People are mad because of the lewd content being cut basically, and that steam released before patreon. THe other things they're mad about they're always mad about (release cycle slow burn).

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes