Mod Summertime Saga - Additional Lines Incest Mod [v0.20.9-2.2] [Sothyr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Attal

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it doesn't seem to break anything, but obviously doesn't change lines added since this was last updated.

bristledthistle

Jan 7, 2021
the lewdpatcher file says it's related to the 0.20.5 ver of the game, is that the newest one, or is there some other, more recent patch that's not included on the main post of the game?
There is not yet any 0.20.8 incest patch, but the 0.20.5 patch works for a majority of lines.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Sothyr you're a god amongst men
I wish. :) I'm using the beta version of the naughty mod, now. I do not think there will be many issues with the old stuff.

It would have been cool if incest mods would be indirectly supported, so it is is possible for a modder just to change variables. Or recognize sentences easier to modify them. I mean I would prefer to play with the an incestified version from the beginning, too.

timdawg3

Nov 28, 2017
I wish. :) I'm using the beta version of the naughty mod, now. I do not think there will be many issues with the old stuff.

It would have been cool if incest mods would be indirectly supported, so it is is possible for a modder just to change variables. Or recognize sentences easier to modify them. I mean I would prefer to play with the an incestified version from the beginning, too.
Would be nice if all these games made it a simple config option for each character so it was like Jennifer,Jenny,Jen,JD,etc and then you could customize it however.

manneychin

May 8, 2017

Have you looked into the tool used for SS translations ?

Incest could come as just another language (EN-incest) that would involve minimal translation-work (compared to a full translation) over the base EN language.

Just from looking at translate.kompasproductions.com I could not determine if everything necessary is actually available from DC so that someone else can setup a public(ish) instance of this tool on top of SS decompiled sources (I'm not familiar with the tool or Python in general). If the answer is yes, that + a trivial build/release system would yield an EN-incest that could easily be crowd-updated in under 24 hours via the web interface and you wouldn't have to do it yourself every time.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Would be nice if all these games made it a simple config option for each character so it was like Jennifer,Jenny,Jen,JD,etc and then you could customize it however.
Yepp, some games do this, it would be really cool.

Have you looked into the tool used for SS translations ?

Incest could come as just another language (EN-incest) that would involve minimal translation-work (compared to a full translation) over the base EN language.

Just from looking at translate.kompasproductions.com I could not determine if everything necessary is actually available from DC so that someone else can setup a public(ish) instance of this tool on top of SS decompiled sources (I'm not familiar with the tool or Python in general). If the answer is yes, that + a trivial build/release system would yield an EN-incest that could easily be crowd-updated in under 24 hours via the web interface and you wouldn't have to do it yourself every time.
The idea is good.
It is correct. Renpy is handling the incest changes as if they would be a translation.

Only problem is, if I understand it correct, it is part of the official page from DC for Summertime Saga. If someone tells Patreon, there is a incest version on this page, he get trouble. Lain got already trouble for her mods, very likely from a Summertime Saga player from the F95 community, who was dissatisfied that she did not release here the full version of the mod. And when I see how jealous some are about how much money DC makes and the dissatisfaction about last not-much-sex-content updates, I would not dare to put it online on this page.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Yepp, some games do this, it would be really cool.

The idea is good.
It is correct. Renpy is handling the incest changes as if they would be a translation.

Only problem is, if I understand it correct, it is part of the official page from DC for Summertime Saga. If someone tells Patreon, there is a incest version on this page, he get trouble. Lain got already trouble for her mods, very likely from a Summertime Saga player from the F95 community, who was dissatisfied that she did not release here the full version of the mod. And when I see how jealous some are about how much money DC makes and the dissatisfaction about last not-much-sex-content updates, I would not dare to put it online on this page.
The tool at translate.kompasproductions.com is called Weblate and seems to be open-enough to be freely available. I wasn't suggesting to put EN-incest on translate.kompasproductions.com. Instead, someone with initiative and/or resources could create an independent instance, let's say at kinkytranslations.com.

The hardware resources necessary to run Weblate seem pretty minimal. The real trouble is managing who gets the right to update resources. I don't know how someone gets the right to update lewdpatcher.com but a similar process would be needed for kinkytranslations.com.

Reactions: Sothyr

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
The tool at translate.kompasproductions.com is called Weblate and seems to be open-enough to be freely available. I wasn't suggesting to put EN-incest on translate.kompasproductions.com. Instead, someone with initiative and/or resources could create an independent instance, let's say at kinkytranslations.com.

The hardware resources necessary to run Weblate seem pretty minimal. The real trouble is managing who gets the right to update resources. I don't know how someone gets the right to update lewdpatcher.com but a similar process would be needed for kinkytranslations.com.
It is possible to search and save all spoken text from the game into one file. You need for this
renpy itself,
unren.bat to unpack all *.rpa files
and un.rpyc in the game folder to convert all files from rpyc into rpy

Which I have to do again, because I just found out, I deleted this file again.

Something like the diary are exceptions and maybe black messages are exceptions and handled little differently.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Keitaro420
Maybe you could look at this.
I found the same sentence twice in the list of sentences and but I still get "My Friend's car needs...."

translate ipatch debXX_call_home_garage_car_friends_9b26ec6b:
anon "My Mother's car needs a new engine and I'd like you to check the warranty."

translate ipatch debXX_call_home_garage_car_49ceef26:
anon "My Mother's car needs a new engine and I'd like you to check the warranty."

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
so for installation does the order matter? or do i just install both your mod and the lewdpatcher and it works?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes