Mod Summertime Saga - Additional Lines Incest Mod [v0.20.9-2.2] [Sothyr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

person43

Jan 16, 2022
There seems to be a problem with the locker. Whenever I try to open it in that first scene with the girl with the key game crashes. It says it lacks some patched locker jpg
Having the same issue, anybody know why this is happening?
I know I'm a little late to the party but I ran into the same issue and figured it out. The issue was with the incest mod itself. If you go to the summertime saga page and download the updated incest patch (one with the asterisk next to it) that will fix it

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Hello, on my screen there is no sign of the file to be downloaded in the main post. Does anybody else see this? Is this project dead?
Sorry, I posted in on the last page, 16, if you did not changed the number of posts/page. It was during a time when F95 was very unstable (at least for me) and I was not able to bring it on the first page during this time. But I will put it also on the first page again.

Password: SumTim
I think I did put a password on it, because it got deleted again. If I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1aCkIe_Duquesne

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys sorry if i don't write well in english, i hope to explain myself well.
Just to understand... new update v0-20-13-pre-tech-part-3.
Do the v0.20.12 + v0-20-9-2-2 = complete everything incest plot related content?
Or do we need to wait the v0.20.13?
Or we need also to see if sothyr need to add other thing to the v0-20-9-2-2?

Thank you

Reactions: Punto

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
I would suggest waiting for an updated mod to come out. Often, the mods are created around the build, so if you use an outdated mod with a current build, it can cause issues, including crashing the game, and then you will just have to download the game all over again. Save yourself some time, and wait. This release only just came out, you can't expect the mod to be out seconds after the game is released, it doesn't work that way.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
The incest patches for SumSaga are translation patches. The only issue you should have is, that new sentences are not translated into incest. Maybe also few older ones. But overall much more is incestified.

In very rare cases you get an error message starting Summertime Saga and you should report me here about it and remove the mod files. But it is very unlikely to happen.

I am not able to play every update. If I would do it, I would loose very fast interest in the game. And without it is difficult to make an update on the mod.
After the full tech update, I do not plan to play the game! But I plan to check if I can find easily mother/daughter/aunt text lines.

In short: You can install the patch

Last edited:
Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
The incest patches for SumSaga are translation patches. The only issue you should have is, that new sentences are not translated into incest. Maybe also few older ones. But overall much more is incestified.

In very rare cases you get an error message starting Summertime Saga and you should report me here about it and remove the mod files. But it is very unlikely to happen.

I am not able to play every update. If I would do it, I would loose very fast interest in the game. And without it is difficult to make an update on the mod.
After the full tech update, I do not plan to play the game! But I plan to check if I can find easily mother/daughter/aunt text lines.

Hi Sothyr.
I can confirm that where I arrived, the mod does not give any problems.
I install the v0-20-12 and you mod, and the game was fine.
There are only small errors to correct, at least where I arrived the day before yesterday.
If I can tomorrow I'll try to play it again and tell you exactly where to correct those little things.

For exemple in me fast playthrough i notice two error
One during the opening of the game, when you see the protagonist at the cemetery, mourning the death of his father.
There is a little error where mc say something like: luckily I was hosted by a friend of my father who lives with her daughter
The second one, is the night where Debbie and Diana are in the kitchen speaking about MC and Diana say to Debbie to do sex with him "because he's not your son" but after she say you are his mother :D and again oh you son is here :LOL:

As i say if i can tomorrow i try to play again. In case I'll take some screen shot. So you can be sure to correct the right things.

Anyway thank you for you additional lines incest, give the game the right feeling of playing the correct version of the game, before patreon broke the so-called balls ;)

Reactions: kalik and satan10

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hello Sothyr.
Due to strong commitments in RL, i was convinced that I had posted the two images I was saying... but only yesterday, i realized that I have never post it on the thread^^'
So having time today, I started replaying the title, to find the two small translation errors that need to be corrected. These are the two images:
The first one is during the opening the game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not good at these things, but I think it can be corrected with like: Lucky for me, I still have my mother and sister next to me and a roof over our heads?
Surely you will know how to write something better than what I thought now :LOL:

2) The second one is during a Diane event i think. If i remember correctly this happen after you delivery the milk to the school.
The quest log show Debbie images and say: What are those voices i hear from the kitchen in the evening?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The funny thing is that for the intere conversation... Debbie say: "He is my son"! And also Diana some time say: "He his you son". And then this text comes... that ruin the intere mod :ROFLMAO:

As i say till now this is the only two text error i see. If someone have see other or If i find more i surelly post it here.
If you had time to correct them, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SavageKing

Feb 10, 2018
How do I fix this?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'>:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 100, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in script
    $ player.location.call_screen(False)
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 274, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen(name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 100, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 71, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 224, in script call
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 10, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 11, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in script
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 237, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 274, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen(name)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.13
Wed Apr 13 18:53:15 2022

Lun1638

Dec 4, 2018
The game breaks when you try to talk to the bookshelf in the library, when i remove the pach it goes back to normal and the scene continues without problem, this happened while searching for the french dictionary.

Marine74

Sep 15, 2020
How do I fix this?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'>:
    $ game.main()
    renpy.call_screen(name)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 71, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 11, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    renpy.call_screen(name)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "F:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.13
Wed Apr 13 18:53:15 2022
Ever find a resolution for this?

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys how the patch work with the new version? Do we know if Sothyr update the patch?

Thank you

Faapulous

May 10, 2022

Hi! I loving your work, not sure if you still working on it, but with the patch it crashes everytime opening your own or Erik's locker and when you open the Library bookshelf to grab a book like the French Dictionary. It gives an error like IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_school_locker_mc_day_patched.jpg'. For now my fix is to remove the patch when needing to open those and then do the task and save and put patch back and load again.

vector12

Aug 8, 2017
Hi everyone. Make sure you have the iPatch installed, as it includes most of the images you are missing. The attached file below has all of images that the Extra Lines mod is looking for, if you would rather just have that.

Directions: Unzip, and drop "game" folder into the same folder as the .exe.
Update 05/15/22: I fixed a misnamed image. It should work fine now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ214 and Chronos7

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Hi everyone. Make sure you have the iPatch installed, as it includes most of the images you are missing. The links below have all of images that the Extra Lines mod is looking for, if you would rather just have that.

Directions: Unzip, and drop "game" folder into the same folder as the .exe.
Links:
Oh, I was wondering why the files were not found. They are from the original patch in the RPA-file. Got lost, when I unpacked the rpa. Thanks for providing them.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Just, so you know. I usually update when I play the game. And I do not enjoy playing again after every small update. Originally I did not even plan to play the game again before Judith get her update. Also minimum 3 game updates and techupdate. But I also thought after the main story there would not really much to update. The techupdate need so long, that I think that I will play the game again after the techupdate it is finished. I wish I have more motivation to do the small issues mentioned, but my motivation level is zero for a long time already. (Not only for this game or the patch update, everything).

Taniska

Jul 16, 2022
Hello,
I tried to install the incest patch with all the "fixes" with or without, + the French translation patch, but alas, the saves are still in English.

The saves become French again, once the incest patch is removed, I think that each one modifies the dialogues, and thus the cohabitation goes badly, a solution has this problem?

Thanks !!

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Would it help if we reported you what needs to be fixed and provided you with our save files so that you didn't have to replay the game and only had to change the script?
If you have one save file with a wrong text line, I can try to open it and check if it works. Last save I tried was not working. I have a free week, now.

I usuallly have Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68] installed!

I am really p*ss*d that the tech upgrade is not finished and that there will be just another pre-tech update. I would really like to play the game again. I really hope that the 'final version' of the tech update will have some surprises in it the DC has not told us about. But I still like the game, just not that it maybe means another 3-4 months waiting.

Reactions: CarlFoutley
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes