May 2, 2020
I would say h-content is not the primary point
I honestly don't really know what to say to this. It's an h-game. It provides h-content. It would be nowhere near as popular without that kind of content, and that kind of content is why it has gotten continued support. Is it more than just its h-scenes? Sure, but ultimately it exists because of its adult content.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
I don't understand why people complain about someone making money, it is their product they have worked for it and got returns from it. People complaining that someone shouldn't get money because they don't think it is worth it is bullshit. If you are in a similar situation I am 90% sure you would do the same exact shit. All you can decide is whether you want to pay for it or not and stop complaining. It just sounds stupider and stupider. Talk about the game instead of connecting it to how much money DC makes. If you don't want to support don't pay, if you don't like the game don't play it. It's that simple.
Even if people would do the same thing...that doesn't make it any less shitty.

Connecting it to how much money they make is complaining about the game because it's quality doesn't even slightly match how much they get paid to make it, plenty games made by just one person update far more frequently with better content.
If it was a huge complicated game that would be one thing but it isn't, it's a very simple game and it's taken years just to make a mini-game in it playable.

king1304

Feb 5, 2020
Even if people would do the same thing...that doesn't make it any less shitty.

Connecting it to how much money they make is complaining about the game because it's quality doesn't even slightly match how much they get paid to make it, plenty games made by just one person update far more frequently with better content.
If it was a huge complicated game that would be one thing but it isn't, it's a very simple game and it's taken years just to make a mini-game in it playable.
That's what I am saying, don't play it if it doesn't interest you or you don't find it compelling or it doesn't match your expectations. There are a lot of other things where for minimal amount of work they earn a lot of money, that is their luck or earlier hard work or whatever. He has supporters because he has created a product people enjoy. You don't have the right to question other people on why are they supporting this guy.

Reactions: Maizemallard

king1304

Feb 5, 2020
1: I guess it'll be somewhere in the middle then.
2: In what world would a broken game like this require 7 fulltime people to maintain? He does the art himself. At the pace development goes, 1 part-timer would be enough to do all the rest.
3: If it's truly split by 7 that's good for them. Because that means $30K passive income as they literally do nothing looking at the development pace.
4: You still have to play this in a specific order to make sure your game/save file doesn't fuck up.
The code of the whole game can be done in 80-100 hours by an average coder, it's really not rocket science. I made programs on my calculator more complicated than this game.
5: My point was that with the budget they have, the game with all it's content now, and it's projected content, could have been made within months of the original release. Not 3-4 years.

I've supported this project once with $10. Which is already double of what I paid for The Long Dark in 2015. A huge game with complex mechanics made by an Indie studio with 5-10 SKILLED employees who still add content until this day.

The way you defend this dev is crazy and a bit scary.
I still don't get your point, if you like the game made by the indie studio why are you crying about DC making money. Get supporters for that indie studio separately and support it all you want. No one is stopping you. Complaining about DC making money is just an entitled way of saying, ah this guy makes more money than me so he is bad. Leaving aside everything else. Also if you can code more complex games why are you cribbing over here go make it and promote it. I will play it if it's good. If you don't want to create your own help those indie studios, if you want to support SS support them. Help them in completing all of the coding aspects in 100hrs.

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.20.0 Compressed & Patched :

JUST IGNORE THE ERROR YOU GET ON FIRST LAUNCH OF THE GAME. AND ALSO, GIVE IT TIME TO LOAD.
ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports now have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

4.20 star(s) 343 Votes