Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
your both right to an extent. it takes money to make what he makes and it takes time to make what he makes but i agree on that if it takes until 2025 to finish it then what is the problem? the game is a good few hrs to play and its getting more hrs as it gets worked on. kinda wish they worked like this on fallout 4 and fallout 76 like this but hey its imo.
Fallout 76 would actually have to be a functional game for the devs to work up on it

Reactions: cavaemon

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017

111.jpg
Status update:
We're nearing the end of the update development!
I took a week off-stream to focus on wrapping up the art (which I am in the process of doing) and will resume daily streams by the end of this week or next week. When I come back I will likely be working on content for the next update and other fun stuff!
The progress bar should slowly make its way to 100% over the next weeks but keep in mind that if the progress seems "stuck", it's mostly due to trying to make sure the update is stable and getting rid of any remaining bugs we find in QA.
New wallpapers:
For you high tier Patrons you can get the new wallpapers on our Kompas site.
Check it out here:
For the lower tier Patrons, simply wait a few hours for them to leak! ^-^
Rhonda feedback:
Thank you to all of those who sent their thoughts and feedback on Rhonda! I appreciate the time you spend sending me your ideas and will make sure that she gets a great story. Cheers!
-DC <3

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Dick Iwanka : great
Dick her hard : still great
Dick her so hard you trip and hit the nuke button : great ?
Nuke the world while dicking Iwanka : great

• Haha
Reactions: g4killer and Omniel

moi!moi!moi!

May 30, 2020
Well, there's no singular way in which patreon works. Some creators promise and deliver very regular releases and charge patrons for the release, where higher tiers get early access, some charge per release/episode and some use it as some kind of tip jar and give away the product to everyone, maybe with some smaller additional perks which aren't related to the product itself.

It's a huge difference, whether a creator promises early access to a product and charges money for it or whether you'll get the product for free, no matter whether you are a patron or not. I guess this far we can agree.

In return that's going to have an impact on patrons expectations on on their patience. If you pay $20 to $25 a month for early access you may indeed demand something within a predefined timeframe, because you are paying for it. If you essentially toss some money in a tip jar, the situation is certainly different.

Edit: Of course the money matters to a significant degree, but the situation is as it is for 2.5 years by now and I refuse to believe that there's a sane patron left, who still pledges significant amounts of money and still expects monthly or so releases. So you may indeed assume that those who give money are somewhat satisfied with the development process.
I'm aware that patreon is used in different ways, everything you said is correct. My point still stands that patreon is a middle man for people to support artists, in this case it means the people are giving him money to pay for his product and whatever they get in perks is just extra/his appreciation for funding the game. It's stupid to assume that all the money ONLY goes into perks... It goes into the game, I figure that much is obvious? To believe that that 60k goes into wallpapers and discord roles is ridiculous.

But I digress. To address others point that, in the beginning, the guy pushed out updates with not much money... Duh, those are updates creators make are in the hopes that people will notice the game and give them money... Why else bow to the demands of people if not to garner their support? Looking back at his early patreon he gained a lot of finacial support early on, a few hundred dollars even. He wouldn't have continued if he didn't see that growth

But the other guy doesn't understand, he keeps talking about 'oh if 30k drop he'll still be working on it' when I'm talking about if he had ZERO dollars, the game wouldn't have come as far as it has. It's just true... and no one can seriously delude themselves into thinking the opposite.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm aware that patreon is used in different ways, everything you said is correct. My point still stands that patreon is a middle man for people to support artists, in this case it means the people are giving him money to pay for his product and whatever they get in perks is just extra/his appreciation for funding the game. It's stupid to assume that all the money ONLY goes into perks... It goes into the game, I figure that much is obvious? To believe that that 60k goes into wallpapers and discord roles is ridiculous.

But I digress. To address others point that, in the beginning, the guy pushed out updates with not much money... Duh, those are updates creators make are in the hopes that people will notice the game and give them money... Why else bow to the demands of people if not to garner their support? Looking back at his early patreon he gained a lot of finacial support early on, a few hundred dollars even. He wouldn't have continued if he didn't see that growth

But the other guy doesn't understand, he keeps talking about 'oh if 30k drop he'll still be working on it' when I'm talking about if he had ZERO dollars, the game wouldn't have come as far as it has. It's just true... and no one can seriously delude themselves into thinking the opposite.
Yes, sure, if he hadn't made all that money he still wouldn't have a team now, and still be producing low-quality stuff or fast updates with poor content. So why not be happy that he now can deliver? Why all that hatred about him making too much money? Let him just do his thing. Let him get incredibly rich but do his thing, man.

Reactions: jackkane and Sync

moi!moi!moi!

May 30, 2020
DC was making the game with little to no $, he'll still be making the game if the pledges drop : his
Point still remains : where in anything said so far does DC come out as a milking scamlord ? People pledging are either happy with being milked or there's no milking whatsoever
People are happy being milked, clearly. Seeing as he has no end in sight after years developing it that much is clear, *an ending was never an option*. I mean he's adding useless stuff like old memes and trump that should be your first clue, that and redrawing all the art a 5th time.

I also can't help but hear 'TRUST THE PLAN' echoing in my head when you reply to me, weird.

Anyways, I don't really have an sympathy for the guys who are donating and getting strung along. I'm not 'whining' about them being milked or anything, it's not my problem or my original point. The only thing that irked me about you is that you keep using 'is free bro' and 'omg whining about milking' to stifle and lower people who rightly criticise the game. Whether you find some aggressive or not, those people cared enough to comment their issues with the game in the hopes that it would get better. There's some valid insight and critique in every roidraged rant post believe it or not.... And that's why I stepped in in the first place.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
@moi!moi!moi!:

I think you've taken a few things, said by some, too literally. Nobody here is claiming that DC would develop the game without making any money. What people mean when they say that "the game is free" is, that you simply don't pay for the game via patreon. Everybody gets it, so it doesn't matter whether you are a patron or not. Simple as that.

Somebody once compared that to musicians. One gives a concert, sells tickets and expects people to pay up front to listen to his music, while another sits in the park, plays for free with his hat in front of him so people can donate a little. Of course both need money to live, but there's still a fundamentally different distribution of power going on. Those who give money to the latter give it because they want to, not because they actually buy the product.

But yeah, to stick with that analogy, people will of course continue to claim that "the guy with the hat in the park" is milking people, who don't have to give a cent to listen to his music. Absurd, isn't it?

Last edited:

guldfisk

Aug 6, 2016
I am confused, the latest post said that the progress bar will go up to 100% over the coming weeks but 2 months ago they said 20.5 would be split up into two parts. Which one is it?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I am confused, the latest post said that the progress bar will go up to 100% over the coming weeks but 2 months ago they said 20.5 would be split up into two parts. Which one is it?
The current tracker is for both parts of the update combined. To me it sounds like they are currently wrapping up the first part (hence the tracker isn't moving and we should get a release soonish) and will finish the second part in the next weeks or, lets be realistic, months.

But yeah, the post is certainly confusing, especially because it's not clear what "next update" actually means. As I read it, he's currently finishing the art for the whole of 0.20.5 and will continue with Ronda's stuff next week?

moi!moi!moi!

May 30, 2020
Yes, sure, if he hadn't made all that money he still wouldn't have a team now, and still be producing low-quality stuff or fast updates with poor content. So why not be happy that he now can deliver? Why all that hatred about him making too much money? Let him just do his thing. Let him get incredibly rich but do his thing, man.
If you read the stuff I said you'd know it has nothing to do with what your saying. I never hated on anything my point was simple and I reiterated it several times that repeating it is overkill at this point. At the end of the day I don't care about how much money he makes, how much content he has, or how long it's taking him to churn out content with no end in sight, but it's pure folly to ignore reality.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
If you read the stuff I said you'd know it has nothing to do with what your saying. I never hated on anything my point was simple and I reiterated it several times that repeating it is overkill at this point. At the end of the day I don't care about how much money he makes, how much content he has, or how long it's taking him to churn out content with no end in sight, but it's pure folly to ignore reality.
With "let him do his thing" I did not mean you specifically. Sorry for the confusion.

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
it's not everyone it's literal coomers

- update comes out
- coomer edged for 14 hours on cheat mode the day the update came out instead of playing and enjoying the game for a couple hours a day over multiple weeks like a normal person would
- by day 2 he already coomed 15 times to the update plus played through all the mods
- "what the new update has been out for 2 whole days and dc isn't finished with the next one yet? wow i'm literally being scammed"
- another week passes
- coomer rages on f95 because he needs the new update to come out or he can't coom
- keeps complaining and saying dc is milkiing everyone until the new update is out

rinse and repeat. it's the cycle of autism
Umm what? Couple of hours a day over "multiple weeks"? You saying you play the game for 40+ hours every time an update comes out? That sounds pretty autistic to me not the other way around lol.

P.S: no offence to autism. It's just that the above poster is an idiot smart person for bringing that up without actually stop and think about what he was writing

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: McSlut and lnppo

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think his point was people, just play through the whole thing on cheat mode when a new update is relased, then don't have anything else to do and start complaining about stupid shit, like DC is milking his patrons.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The current tracker is for both parts of the update combined. To me it sounds like they are currently wrapping up the first part (hence the tracker isn't moving and we should get a release soonish) and will finish the second part in the next weeks or, lets be realistic, months.

But yeah, the post is certainly confusing, especially because it's not clear what "next update" actually means. As I read it, he's currently finishing the art for the whole of 0.20.5 and will continue with Ronda's stuff next week?
What I got from the status update is that they will probably release the full 0.20.5 instead of splitting it into 2 parts. And he will start working on Rhonda's update when he finishes all the art for this update. But I don't know the whole thing has been confusing.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Umm what? Couple of hours a day over "multiple weeks"? You saying you play the game for 40+ hours every time an update comes out? That sounds pretty autistic to me not the other way around lol.

P.S: no offence to autism. It's just that the above poster is an idiot for bringing that up without actually stop and think about what he was writing
Do you feel better when you disparage others?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The art for this update is pretty much done, there are only 2 taks left. If he starts working on Rhonda now, maybe we can still get her update this year. :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: McSlut
4.20 star(s) 343 Votes