• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

jaaazzzooo

Nov 22, 2020
STS case is special, though, I genuinely believe this is a "too big to fall" sort of scenario. That being said, marking games without updates as abandoned IS part of the site's rules, so it is unfair that some games are marked as abandoned, while this one isn't. I bet it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that some mods here also work for DC.
Sure I agree with the point of enforcing equal rules for everyone.
But poeple saying that DC is pushing the update because of this tag is a huge cope imho.

Reactions: GucciGang69

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
dude i'm legit sad about this whole thing. i miss the times when i actually got excited about this game with the people on here, i remember the good times with the teacher update, the roxxy update, the eve update and so on. where did it go so wrong? DC should have just canceled the dating systema and all this other pie in the sky shit, kept the original resolution and shitty code and just finished the last couple updates: judith, annie, rhonda, a remake of the mia update, sex club library (we would have gotten those by now) and then started a new project. where did it all go so wrong? it's been going downhill even before the tech update with the pretty underwhelming main story updates tbh

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I read the notice as both updated Debbie and Jenny routes in full. I guess once it’s eventually out we can get an insight into what we’ll actually be getting in the updates and will know what to expect next.
Read it like that, too. Like they're releasing each finished story in pieces, with the 'house' stories being the first done upon release. So Debbie and Jenny. Which, I guess many people actually only care about because incest.

Username7

May 1, 2017
Holy shit I've been reading the Discord and how the fuck did Dogeek keep his job as long as he did. Apparently on top of being an unlikable cunt to everyone. He named a bunch of variables "booger aids" and never left any comments on any of his work while also doing everything as stupidly complex as possible to show off what a smarty pants coder he was.

meh1995

Jul 11, 2023
Sure I agree with the point of enforcing equal rules for everyone.
But poeple saying that DC is pushing the update because of this tag is a huge cope imho.
I wouldn't say it is as much for the tag as it is because patrons getting incredibly upset already. That being said, it is weird that they made the announcement today, considering that today is the day that there are no excuses about the deadline for the abandoned tag.

1714518406036.png

Want to know something funny? The game has made more money while we waited for the tech update than it did when the game was being constantly updated.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Holy shit I've been reading the Discord and how the fuck did Dogeek keep his job as long as he did. Apparently on top of being an unlikable cunt to everyone. He named a bunch of variables "booger aids" and never left any comments on any of his work while also doing everything as stupidly complex as possible to show off what a smarty pants coder he was.
and no one else in the team or DC bothered to ask him during the whole time they were working together why he was naming the variables like that or why he wasn't leaving any comments?

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Dogeek is the current or old coder?

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting because my posts here #73,284 and here #73,564 would say otherwise, I do apologize for the lack of screenshots with the second you'll just have to take my word on that, just because percentage doesn't move doesn't mean task aren't getting done case in point this month they've closed out 5 posing task yet the needle hasn't moved much I greyed out the older task.
View attachment 3591120
While I have been following the news page for the past couple of years, I have never taken a screen shot of it. But this is the shot from last october that I remember concerning the progress of code.

From -
View attachment 3020501

The next status update report is expected in 10-11 days. Until then: #72,879
And the current state is 69% .. yes, back then it was 162 of 233 tasks. But now it is only 178 of 255 tasks .. Still at 69%. 16 tasks done and, I believe, none of them completed this year. If nothing else that bugs/issues bar should have been seeing some action if coding had progressed far enough to start testing.

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
I haven't followed this thread in a while, but going back from the latest posts, this comment caught my eye so I'm gonna single you out. (It's not a personal attack against you or anything like that. I just thought this comment is worthy of some kind of response.)

"The last 100 pages are about the abandoned tag with the same people copy pasting the same 4 page arguments to the same bait while simultaneously keeping up with their "milking" debates that have been going on for months if not years." - I mean, what else is there? We can have small talk about little things in the game, but those topics have been discussed over and over again. The game haven't changed for months if not years. The constant talks about the 'Abandoned' tag reflects the state of the game itself. Simply put, the bitching and moaning is more entertaining than the game itself at this point.

"I understand doing it here and there and I do get a good chuckle out of some of them but c'mon guys a little bit of self-awareness please" - I urge you to do the same. No offense.

"Like maybe just maybe maybe talk about the game?" - We've been there, we've done that.

"Y'ALL the ones constantly on here. Y'ALL the ones with most of the posts on this thread and the cool part of that is you actually have the choice between cleaning things up or continuing the dumpster fire and y'all CHOOSE to keep it going." - And I can't blame them, honestly. They care about the game and seeing how it's going, this kind of reaction is not that surprising. And let's not act like this thread is some kind of temple, in need of its sanctity and purity to be preserved. The dumpster fire will continue until morale improves.

"You want it stop? Stop flooding the thread." - No! Keep it coming. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The purpose is to be bothersome. To eventually reach the people who has a say-so in the development.

"Here, I'll even make it easy for everyone: If Eve wasn't trans, who would you want it to be?" - No one.

"What's one fetish you would want to see portrayed?" - Something. Anything. In my lifetime... please.
You misunderstood my point I think.
I also don't care that much whether it is a dumpster fire or not. I'll contribute in both scenarios.
eb0.jpg

Also sorry to break it to ya but I doubt DC cares about anything on this thread at this point. The most reach anyone can hope for is a fresh F95 user/lurker that tries out a couple games then decides where to spend their money. Feel free to prove me wrong on that but I don't see another way.

Reactions: j4yj4m

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Which... is actually... understandable.
(yes, this is where I look at things from the other side)
From the moderators perspective, DC is still in-communication (patreon posts, streams), an update is "on the way" and this is a highly charged thread, for one of the biggest games on the site.
it could be they are taking a "wait a little longer and see what happens" approach, or they really don't want to list one of the biggest games with the abandoned tag.

I've been lurking on DC's discord for a little bit, and even on there, there is a growing amount of... let's say discontent even from those that are subscribers, especially with this latest announcement.
Of course they don't want to tag one the biggest attractions and drama stories on the site. It brings in traffic and ad revenue which is important. But I come from the point of .. if it is applicable to one .. it is applicable to all. treat all of these projects equally if you are the site owner/manager.

Username7

May 1, 2017
While I have been following the news page for the past couple of years, I have never taken a screen shot of it. But this is the shot from last october that I remember concerning the progress of code.

And the current state is 69% .. yes, back then it was 162 of 233 tasks. But now it is only 178 of 255 tasks .. Still at 69%. 16 tasks done and, I believe, none of them completed this year. If nothing else that bugs/issues bar should have been seeing some action if coding had progressed far enough to start testing.
The main problem is that bar sucks it was meant to show all task as having the same weight but they recalibrated it so now task are all weighed differently which ironically makes it harder to notice when they're moving them which was the whole point of recalibrating it in the first place to better show progress. As for bugs they've mainly been dealing with them as they find them whenever you see a lot of activity in "Changes in last 24hrs" they are full of changes like this one from today.
0a18fab3a99d739dd57c1ff1540d765b.png

Throwawayxyz

May 10, 2020
Oh boy. So after like 3 years (I think?) of development and around 1.8 million dollars in patreon money, we're getting a release with 2 tech updated routes, and the rest in 2 months increments.

So in about a year to a year and a half when all the rest of the tech update parts are out, we'll be about 6ish months away from new content. Hip hop hooray.

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
I know it's fked up but that is hilarious. What type of crack was he smoking :KEK:

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
Having read that patreon post, it'll be interesting to see as to how far they actually managed to replace/rework Debbie's art. DC did quite a few of her sprites on stream and to me that suggests that her old art should be gone for good (apart from her scenes, maybe?).

A few months ago I'd have said they'll implement some of the old stuff (Debbie, Mia, Erik, the teachers, etc.) again, until they actually release their reworks, but now I'm really not so sure anymore.
Just to give you props, you're definitely one of my favorite people that post on here. It's not just screaming one way or another, but real talk about the game, both good and bad.

I'm really pumped at the idea of Debbie being first on the list, which makes complete sense. I was frustrated looking at some of the recent streams, because Jenny just had her art redone and now it's being added to again, while Debbie remained with mix match art. I REALLY hope it will be her whole story to include pregnancy, but I won't hold my breath for that. But it will be nice to get a real push in the right direction with Debbie.

I know you didn't mention it in the post I'm replying to but I'll address it anyway. I used to be a patron for STS and I have zero regret doing so. I enjoyed the game and a handful of my suggestions got put in the game. I voted with my dollars when a few decisions were made that didn't work for me and I feel really comfortable, especially now, with that decision. I didn't like the Eve update. I disliked Eve and Odette and wanted an option to have Grace instead, but the fan base hates choices, so that never would happen. I really disliked that Diane and Jenny were updated while Debbie was left out to dry. It was then that I realized I play the game for Debbie. No matter how many times I've played the game, I always complete her story. She's definitely my tops in this game. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed other stories. I really like the Roxxy update and her character. I think Jenny's story, while she's not my style, is really well done.

When I combined those decisions, I decided it was time to back out and I'm really glad I did. I like DC and the guys over there but this whole ordeal is unacceptable to get my dollars. That being said, I feel no need to shout to the mountain tops about it. The game is free and I haven't been a patron for 4 years now. I would love for the game to be updated the way I want and when I want but that's not reality. I play when it's available and don't when it's not. The money the patrons give is their choice and they are free to do with it as they wish. I don't get the power to control them and nor would I want that power. I feel like alot of people need to look within themselves to see what kind of authoritarian lives there. (Not directed at you, mind you)

Beats9821

Nov 19, 2018
Is there anything else interesting you could share? I really don't want to dig around for stuff. I just don't have the time to go digging but I do want to know what a fucking mess this is.

4.20 star(s) 343 Votes