j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That aside...female switch?What?Was there mentioning of that which I missed?
Well, he talked about the trap quite a bit on stream after Eve won the poll (that may or may not be a coincidence) and said that because there are some who won't like any kind of trap, they are thinking about backing her story up with alternative (female) content. So you'd likely choose before you start if you want homosexual content or not and depending on that the whole "gender thing" will start or you'll get "a slighly different story" if you don't want it. DC talked about it and CptSploosh added that the other story will be less good/deep. At least to me it sounded like they had given quite a bit of thought - but of course things can change.

So he's certainly aware that it won't be the most popular choice but given that he's been talking about it for years now I doubt he'll change his mind that much, just because it may be a little less popular. Yes, it's a niche but we are talking about one character out of 10-12(?) major ones. In the end we'll likely have way more than 30 girls to have sex with, so I doubt Kevin, 2 or 3 monster girls and a trap will matter that much for those who don't like that kind of content.

qwertystank

Jun 14, 2018
Can someone recommend other great games like this one?
You may have already played these, but here are my recommendations. SS was the first game I played and I have yet to find anything quite like it. All of these are pretty popular here:

* Acting Lessons
* My Sweet Neighbors
* Milfy City
* Good Girl Gone Bad

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Well, he talked about the trap quite a bit on stream after Eve won the poll (that may or may not be a coincidence) and said that because there are some who won't like any kind of trap, they are thinking about backing her story up with alternative (female) content. So you'd likely choose before you start if you want homosexual content or not. DC talked about it and CptSploosh added that the other story will be less good/deep. At least to me it sounded like they had given quite a bit of thought - but of course things can change.

So he's certainly aware that it won't be the most popular choice but given that he's been talking about it for years now I doubt he'll change his mind that much, just because it may be a little less popular. Yes, it's a niche but we are talking about one character out of 10-12(?) major ones. In the end we'll likely have way more than 30 girls to have sex with, so I doubt Kevin, 2 or 3 monster girls and a trap will matter that much for those who don't like that kind of content.
No,actually we are talking about 1 girl out of 7 here(when I said main characters I specifically meant the possible prom targets).
So he opted for a split path-route(outright stating that one will be inferior)...yeah I mean on paper its the path of least resistance...in reality though...eh.
Wonder whether doing that is actually going to work or results in a universal-"meh" because both sides are getting less amount of work than they would otherwise(well at last one does...such a stupid thing to actually state...why the hell would you?!).
Hopefully he is smart enough to keep the amount/quality of the erotic content equal.

Anyway,thanks for the info.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
No,actually we are talking about 1 girl out of 7 here(when I said main characters I specifically meant the possible prom targets).
Yes, that certainly depends on the definition. I think it's fair to include Jenny, Diane, Mrs. Johnson as well and we don't know yet how far DC will take June's story etc.

Until now only Mom, Mia, Roxxy, Judith, Ronda, Annie and Eve seem confirmed as I see it.

So he opted for a split path-route(outright stating that one will be inferior)...yeah I mean on paper its the path of least resistance...in reality though...eh.
Wonder whether doing that is actually going to work or results in a universal-"meh" because both sides are getting less amount of work than they would otherwise(well at last one does...such a stupid thing to actually state...why the hell would you?!). Hopefully he is smart enough to keep the amount/quality of the erotic content equal.
Well, to me it seems honest, though he wasn't the one who told said it. It's a compensation for those who can't deal with that kind of story he wants. In case the original story is for example tailored around a possible coming out etc. the alternative is of course a bit less emotional/deep and will likely be somewhat vanilla.

But well, nobody knows until now. It's pure speculation and it'll likely stay this way until we get the release of that girl. I'm sure he'll try to hide it perfectly.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Yes, that certainly depends on the definition. I think it's fair to include Jenny, Diane, Mrs. Johnson as well and we don't know yet how far DC will take June's story etc.

Until now only Mom, Mia, Roxxy, Judith, Ronda, Annie and Eve seem confirmed as I see it.
Mia,Roxxy,Judith,June,Ronda,Annie and Eve going by the ingame list.
Dunno where you got mom from(dont follow the streams though maybe thats where).

Well, to me it seems honest, though he wasn't the one who told said it. It's a compensation for those who can't deal with that kind of story he wants. In case the original story is for example tailored around a possible coming out etc. the alternative is of course a bit less emotional/deep and will likely be somewhat vanilla.

But well, nobody knows until now. It's pure speculation and it'll likely stay this way until we get the release of that girl. I'm sure he'll try to hide it perfectly.
Its still a horrendous PR move(then again,PR sure as hell aint about being honest,heh).
Agreed,its all speculation and at the end of the day,wait and see is all we can do.
Having said that,I still stand by the comment that if Eve turns out to be the trap and he actually wanted to hide it he did a shit job :p

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
It's solely for men dressing and acting as women.

It's arguably offensive in real life, I wouldn't use it for an actual transgender person, since it's based on the idea that people "hide" as another gender and "trap" them into having sex, which is a legal defense dudes who beat up transgender people use on the regular. This is a video game, however, so the term is used more liberally. It also doesn't necessarily imply full-on transgenderism (ie. wanting to be the opposite gender) but often just refers to men who are so feminine as to be indistinguishable from women, gender identity notwithstanding.

I can only assume I've made someone very upset by giving the subject matter this kind of weight.
I don't think it's particularly upsetting. But I think that gender dysphoria is a topic that should be brought up with regard to LGBT issues, specifically transgender. I'm not all that big on it myself, but studying a bit, that is certainly something to be informed about.

For games, I remember Resident Evil: Code Veronica had an extreme example of this in the plotline. But for something in Summertime Saga, it'd be admittedly lighthearted.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
It's solely for men dressing and acting as women.

It's arguably offensive in real life, I wouldn't use it for an actual transgender person, since it's based on the idea that people "hide" as another gender and "trap" them into having sex, which is a legal defense dudes who beat up transgender people use on the regular. This is a video game, however, so the term is used more liberally. It also doesn't necessarily imply full-on transgenderism (ie. wanting to be the opposite gender) but often just refers to men who are so feminine as to be indistinguishable from women, gender identity notwithstanding.

I can only assume I've made someone very upset by giving the subject matter this kind of weight.

Perhaps I'm a little behind the times, but my understanding of it has always been:

Transvestite = Person dressing and behaving as a member of the opposite sex. Myriad of reasons for it, but with no actual intent from the person in question to switch genders.
Is a trap.

Transgender = Person who plans on, is in the process of, or has already undergone gender reassignment surgery. May or may not dress like a member of the opposite sex.
Trappiness level of individual questionable, but could potentially be seen as one under certain circumstances.

As far as I've always known there is a clear division between the two groups.
Is that no longer the case? Or has the word transgender itself morphed in definition somewhat so that it is now acceptable to be used as some sort of catch-all blanket term for both groups?

(Also, apologies if I've offended anyone. Just curious if what I've learned in the past is still valid now.)

rongngoc123

May 6, 2018
comparing the progress bar of Diane with that of Roxxy you can see that it has more Art and Posing, so this promises to be a nice big update, my only curiosity is to understand if all this will be dedicated only to Diane or to other characters (my hope is always that Debbie has an important role in the next update )

(Sorry my english )
Well, I think most of the arts and posing are remaked so don't expect too much. 2 next updates are big but actually they are only the old contents then add a little new things.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
@Bonhart ,actually,Diane update is way smaller than Roxxy or the teachers update,to begin with,it had less art on his progess bar,it began with just 30,and stayed like that until the beggining of the last week,around the day people began suggesting new minigames to DC,them poof,it magically gone to 40 as objective(still less than Roxxy update,who had 45 since the beggining and on last week gone to 50 if i remember correctly,but more than the teachers update at least),the posing bar is bigger(but only if you deconsider that Roxxy update got bigger on the 2 last weeks and reach the mark of 30 on the last weeks before its release)althought there's still the possibility of Diane progress bar on posing could grow a little too,only codding was the real difference,Roxxy update have for now the biggest code progess bar,which began on 45,gone to 50 and reached 60 just before the last week,so yeah,Roxxy update was big....maybe Diane update could be bigger than the teachers one in the art sector,but it still needs to surpass it on the code progress to be at least bigger than theirs,but anything could happen untill the update get near the "SOON" stage....

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
For games, I remember Resident Evil: Code Veronica had an extreme example of this in the plotline. But for something in Summertime Saga, it'd be admittedly lighthearted.
Dont think the particular case of CV is really applicable.
Admittedly my last run was ages ago(and that was on X,havent touched the DC version since its release)so I might be misremembering things but didnt Alfred pull the crossdressing off in order to keep his sister "alive"?
If anything it felt closer to a specific case of schizophrenia than anything related to his own gender identity(and considering the incesty implications I dont think he was doubting his sexuality).

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
the shitstorm that would happen if eve turns out to have a dick would be crazy, i hope dc knows that and that's why she won't be a trap

Reactions: TheDevian

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Never watched 8 Mile since I have never had any interest in that genre of music at all, so I don't really know anything about the similarities between her and any of the characters in that movie.
Just imagine Summerville as suburban Detroit in the late 90s, with Kim Bassinger as your awkwardly fuckable mother.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Transvestite = Person dressing and behaving as a member of the opposite sex. Myriad of reasons for it, but with no actual intent from the person in question to switch genders.
Is a trap.
Transvestites don't necessarily 'behave as a member of the opposite sex'. Like a transvestite dude doesn't have to have to act all girly or anything. It's sort of clothes and makeup.

That said, transvestite is also a deeply offensive term to some these days. Because of the growth in mainstream acceptance of transgenderism and transsexualism, the association of 'trans' with people who may be quite happy with their heterosexuality can be problematic. 'Cross-dresser' is sort of the preferred nomenclature now.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
the shitstorm that would happen if eve turns out to have a dick would be crazy, i hope dc knows that and that's why she won't be a trap
Not my kink, but if he makes it optional I don't think it will be an issue. Same with pregnancy.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
The way I remember it, transvestite used to be the main term for someone "posing" (I use the term in as wide as possible a sense) as the opposite sex, applying both to dudes who just liked wearing women's clothing and people who actually wanted to be a different gender, then transsexual was introduced to emphasise more on the desiring a different identity side of things, and then we ended up with transgender which was introduced to emphasise the difference between sex (physical/genetic identity) and gender (social/psychological identity). And I'm pretty sure all this mostly happened in the last 30-40 years, so it's not too strange that a lot of us are confused or not entirely in agreement over what is what.

I do know that some people have continued to use the term, but as mattius77 said, "cross-dressing" seems to be the more acceptable term for someone who just happens to enjoy using women's clothing without necessarily adopting an entirely female identity, because for a lot of people "transvestitism" seems to bring associations to either what we now call transgender/transsexual, or to sexual fetishes, and not all cross-dressers necessarily to it for kink-reasons. For example British comedian Eddie Izzard.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm positively surprised over the civility of responses on that comment. I'm used to seeing things go south pretty fucking fast as soon as someone gets a bit "real" on these kinds of topics.

Reactions: Ungawa and Gourls
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes