rongngoc123

May 6, 2018
Your right, I don't have a clue about coding; and the last I checked, I never claimed to either. The only work I've ever done on a game is as a writer, which still gives me more insider info than what you have. You clearly haven't read my last few post either. Please don't take a hint of what I said and misquote the heck out of it. When you do that, your not helping anyone or anything.
LoL! Writer? Are u kidding me? What does that relate to coding and programming? And that is all we are discussing about. Stop boasting pls. U have more insider info than someone doesnt mean u are right. U have to know completely about everything in that field to make sure. Ok? Assuming that I dont know anything about writting and coding is one ur mistake, u have no clue and take it for granted, that what u are doing.

Mr.Qaywesdxc

Aug 5, 2016
Man checking out your old comments, you seem very ignorant while arguing with everyone saying "You prefer the old art", yet the point of the new art is mainly so that it will be easier to rig and code on the next updates, yet your only comeback so far has been "But i like the old art" and "People want content, not a re-work of old art". You simply stated that "People want" yet you have no proper proof, while pretty much everyone who argue against you do (The patreon polls). If people REALLY wanted something else, they would have Pledged to vote. I seriously feel bad for you since your arguments really don't bring any useful points except correcting people's misquotes, yet you said "literally no content". Also i'm sure most people doubt you support DC financially because if you did, you would have known that DC upload countless times on his Patreon stating that Diana, Debbie and Erik all used old codes, which causes major bugs while also not allowing for saves compatibility between versions. He seriously says that so often during streams and Patreon comments and posts. I'm not saying you 100% don't support him, it just doesn't feel like you do
I'll give you few things to think about. Your post has literally 0 content. Also you should know, that there was never a choice if we want to redo the code/chars now or later. I had digged through DC's Patreon posts and found it out just for you. Read below in spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So please stop spreading false info about that we could choose. Thx

edit: And please take in account that people are allowed to criticise the game even tho they are not Patrons.

Thank you number 2 :D
You are welcomed, my friend! Please, could you also attach the save file to OP? Or at least give a link to my post since people will ask all the time. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pepé Le Pew

trihopatofilicar

Apr 4, 2017
Can someone provide me with the link to 0.16 version. I need that art from that Diane scene that have been cut out from this version. Apparently its not even in the extracted image folder.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Well, there will probably be a v0.17.2 pretty soon because there's already a bug on the main menu. They put the clear persistent button right where the button descriptions go. Also there's not even a yes/no prompt for clearing your data, it just instantly clears it when you click the button which is a bit questionable o.o

screenshot0001.png

- Fixed overwriting saves losing data bug
Yay, finally!

Reactions: obiwan

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
The release of this update (it should be named update fix since its pretty much all reworks and almost 0 content to play), i like the ideia of reworking the characters, but if this continues reworking even in evie update next year its summertime saga wont be enjoyable to play if the content of jenny and evie are the same has this last one that most people was kinda sad cause it was 4 months of wait for a dissapointment, i kinda completed this last update in less 10 minutes at normal speed not skips.
----------------------------------------------------------
I Like the Game and work that is being done, but dont like its the point that this last update alot of content that was showed in streams for this last update was not implemented was just simply taken off and Dc didnt think to atleast replace it with something else, consuela its been like 2 updates keeps getting updated in streams but its seems that will never get released, the update should have been a "full cake" but Dc took like 35% or 40% of that of that "cake" and that is why this update was dissapointing for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paprika

Hacco

May 2, 2018
Anyone else got this error message or know how to fix it?
Happened after Roxy won the bikini contest

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not find return label (u'/home/ssdevfeed/build/summertime-saga-game/game/scripts/locations/beach/beach.rpy', 1543012687, 54997).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/locations/beach/dialogues.rpyc", line 2089, in script
  File "D:\SummertimeSaga-0-17-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1448, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "D:\SummertimeSaga-0-17-1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 670, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'/home/ssdevfeed/build/summertime-saga-game/game/scripts/locations/beach/beach.rpy', 1543012687, 54997).

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.17.1
Thu Nov 29 15:53:34 2018

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
this last update alot of content that was showed in streams for this last update was not implemented was just simply taken off and Dc didnt think to atleast replace it with something else, consuela its been like 2 updates keeps getting updated in streams but its seems that will never get released, the update should have been a "full cake" but Dc took like 35% or 40% of that of that "cake" and that is why this update was dissapointing for me.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure everything you would have seen on his stream the past month or so has been for v.18, not the update that just happened. I think they've said 95% of the art for the next update is already done. It's just that they're way ahead on work for the art, and way behind on everything else.

CptTrips

May 28, 2018
hmm ... if I try to load the provided save (from start page and the one from 2 pages back too) it states that it is a save from an outdated version, I better should start a new game and rhen leads me back to start menu.

Last edited:

TitseyeLoli

Oct 15, 2017
You still need to start from the beginning? Oh hell no, i will wait till V0.20 so thats worth to start a new game. Not gonna hate on this game, i really like this game but i will sit this out till then

Reactions: exirock

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure everything you would have seen on his stream the past month or so has been for v.18, not the update that just happened. I think they've said 95% of the art for the next update is already done. It's just that they're way ahead on work for the art, and way behind on everything else.
for this past month its been all jenny update and i know that, im refering to 0.17 streams content (before jenny update content), and if the art for jenny update is already at 95% it should take 2 month from now to release the new update since they took 3 months for art and other stuff and 1 month for coding.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes