• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
According to Dogeek, "early access release" as a patron counts as a few hours before everyone else and/or faster download servers... oh fuck off
That has been the case for more than a year now? They release it on their own servers for patreons and others have to wait until all the free hosters like mega, etc. are ready.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The update was released november 23rd. Now lets count, December, January, February, March AND April. 5 Months. If somehow by May 23rd the update isn't released yet, then it will be 6 months.
We're past the point of five full months and are entering the sixth month. Is it likely to hit six full months? No, but you can't fault people for being impatient. Especially when the last two updates were shit, and this next one is going to be a reworking of an old update. At the rate DC and company work, and having worked in game development I know how slow things can be so I'm not faulting them for it, it'll have been around a year without any truly new content by the time the update after this one hits.

polom

Sep 14, 2017
DC really can learn something from twist and man of the house developers.
Truly disappointed. They are collecting 50.000+ $ per month. so patrons have to give 250,000$ for one update?
Twist is 3d and has bigger story line. I don't understand why 30 min more game play has to take so long?
There's a lot of "made up time" difference between 2D and 3D : 3D is way more faster than 2D (10 frame = 10 specifics 2D handmade picture)
But I agree, even for 2D, it's slow.

MiraiTrunks

Feb 27, 2018
Because it's not as simple as that - You have to at least complete the first introductory bits. After that, certain events in a characters progression are tied to stats, which require grinding and on that note - when it comes to unlocking the gym, also some sidetracking. Others require money, which you gotta earn somehow. Just starting up the game and completing a character arc from start to finish is not gonna be possible if you don't do some sidetracking. Which is why people want save compatibility to just experience that from start to finish without doing side activities, which I understand.

On the other hand, the extremely long updates have the added benefit of me wanting to experience the game from start to finish anyways, so I don't mind it that much anyways.
Oh yeah I forgot about the stats and grinding, makes more sense now

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Oh yeah I forgot about the stats and grinding, makes more sense now
To be fair, that problem will be gone after 0.18.0. Now that Somrak will have his own questline and won't be connected to Jenny anymore, it looks like we may get a new cheat mode which includes full stats. So the initial grind is basically gone, unless you want to replay without any cheats.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I had the same thought but after many hours of fapping sessions and meditation i realized it’s not gonna be today... but I’m gonna add it to my wishlist tho that the update comes today
they are fixing bugs seemingly every minute. 30 more to go looks like.

• Love
Reactions: polom

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
To be fair, that problem will be gone after 0.18.0. Now that Somrak will have his own questline and won't be connected to Jenny anymore, it looks like we may get a new cheat mode which includes full stats. So the initial grind is basically gone, unless you want to replay without any cheats.
Not true. Erik's code still needs to be refactored for save compat to be a thing

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Not true. Erik's code still needs to be refactored for save compat to be a thing
Hm? I wasn't talking about savegames but about the fact that you actually had to regrind stats once you started again. Now you'll just be able to raise your stats to max (without breaking Jenny's content) and won't have to care about grinding, which was indeed a small issue.

Reactions: George Halstead

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
Hm? I wasn't talking about savegames but about the fact that you actually had to regrind stats once you started again. Now you'll just be able to raise your stats to max (without breaking Jenny's content) and won't have to care about grinding, which was indeed a small issue.
Alright settle down, I'm sorry. I misread your post

Reactions: j4yj4m
Aug 11, 2017
That has been the case for more than a year now? They release it on their own servers for patreons and others have to wait until all the free hosters like mega, etc. are ready.
Since when in the history of ever has "early release access" meant a few hours? Patrons, if not all, at least the highest tier ones, should've been able to play this update a long time ago.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i hope it to brother... but coding and writing is also left, and the more bugs they fix more are coming...
i don't get it, how can the writing not be at 100% already? i expect the coding to go to 100% with the bugs/issues bar, they are probably related or something.

Reactions: Jackie123

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
They fix 1 bug... add 20 more in the progress bar... I'm not in any way a coding expert, but it's a fucking visual novel... how complex can the fucking code be? They're just milking patreons at this point. Dragging this damn update so he can get this month's money because he knows he'll lose patrons after this update is released.
Yes... becuase looking at his history of patrons coming and going, it's been steadily increasing. Totally losing patrons. The release has no bearing on being a patron. Seeing as it's 100% free to play, how does one holding their patronage til May 1, in any way, affect their ability to get the game.

Reactions: PatreonTed

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Since when in the history of ever has "early release access" meant a few hours? Patrons, if not all, at least the highest tier ones, should've been able to play this update a long time ago.
Well, that's not the case with SS. The game is and has always been free and everybody will get it on the same day.

i don't get it, how can the writing not be at 100% already? i expect the coding to go to 100% with the bugs/issues bar, they are probably related or something.
The last writing task is sadly <censored> so we don't know what it is. It may just as well be proofreading or something that's related to the release.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes