Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I'd claim that without Patreon there would be no incentive to make games at all.
Wow, without Patreon we would have never gotten such classics such as Super Mario or the Mega Man series - Thanks for birthing an industry Patreon. Careful with such statements though, made it sound so broad that people might misinterpret it.

But in all honesty, it has two sides to it and the whole "developing a game while getting patreon support" is a fine balancing act that needs to be managed.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
you're bein optimistic?who are you and what the heck you did to Ted?
:LOL:
I'm actually quite optimistic in general, just get tired of people spreading bullshit and being always negative here. There's enough flaws with SS/DC that you can make constructive criticisms about. without resorting to making things up.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Wow, without Patreon we would have never gotten such classics such as Super Mario or the Mega Man series - Thanks for birthing an industry Patreon. Careful with such statements though, made it sound so broad that people might misinterpret it.

But in all honesty, it has two sides to it and the whole "developing a game while getting patreon support" is a fine balancing act that needs to be managed.
Did you just compare a game where you fuck your family in great detail to Super Mario and Mega Man? Ya, all these adult Devs should just sell their games at Sears for Christmas lmao. This thread just gets better and better.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Did you just compare a game where you fuck your family in great detail to Super Mario and Mega Man? Ya, all these adult Devs should just sell their games at Sears for Christmas lmao. This thread just gets better and better.
Wow, and here I thought I only can take a statement out of context that badly.
But nevertheless - rejoice. Steam has adult games on their platform, and they even have discounts every now and then. So it's not like adult games aren't sold on mainstream platforms :)

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
The incentive would be to get a job in the industry, become an artist professionally or to make your own games and sell them for cash. The economic process existed for thousands of years before Patreon and when our society is dust on the wind it will continue on uninterrupted.
Admittedly I should have been more specific: Without Patreon there would be little to no incentive to make adult games.
Did they exist before? Yes, but not on the scale seen since the rise of Patreon.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Admittedly I should have been more specific: Without Patreon there would be little to no incentive to make adult games.
Did they exist before? Yes, but not on the scale seen since the rise of Patreon.
you could try kickstarter,but i didnt really searched to see any try on there,so i can assume they must be even more upthight than patreon on that area...never tried to look there though,most of the times i looked there was to search for a new good rpg system,worth the investment...but yeah,patreon was really a nice start to most of the independent adult game producers,i even remember my first funding there,gabe was just starting LOQOO and i was itching for seein it done,so there was i,and there i am until now,Origins is almost wrapped up,and still i didnt got to seem SS concluded,oh well,maybe when the next LOQO get started DC will already wrapped up SS

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
you could try kickstarter,but i didnt really searched to see any try on there,so i can assume they must be even more upthight than patreon on that area...never tried to look there though,most of the times i looked there was to search for a new good rpg system,worth the investment...but yeah,patreon was really a nice start to most of the independent adult game producers,i even remember my first funding there,gabe was just starting LOQOO and i was itching for seein it done,so there was i,and there i am until now,Origins is almost wrapped up,and still i didnt got to seem SS concluded,oh well,maybe when the next LOQO get started DC will already wrapped up SS
Also with Kickstarter you have to project how long development's going to be, and work off what you get at the start. Patreon's certainly more fitting for people used to living check to check. (though DC's probably out of that range now lol)

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Wow, and here I thought I only can take a statement out of context that badly.
But nevertheless - rejoice. Steam has adult games on their platform, and they even have discounts every now and then. So it's not like adult games aren't sold on mainstream platforms :)
If it has no context why did you bring them up at all. You are effectively saying "I know this has nothing to do with what we are talking about and is not in the realm of comparable but I am going to compare it anyway, and by the way don't mention I brought it up lol.

As for Steam they didn't allow adult games when this and many games started and they still don't allow any game that has the sexual content in 95% of the games on this site soo...

BK186

May 18, 2017
The game is excellent but the restart at the time was a little annoying. Save not working.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
If it has no context why did you bring them up at all. You are effectively saying "I know this has nothing to do with what we are talking about and is not in the realm of comparable but I am going to compare it anyway, and by the way don't mention I brought it up lol.

As for Steam they didn't allow adult games when this and many games started and they still don't allow any game that has the sexual content in 95% of the games on this site soo...
Oh, but there is a context and even a reason as to why I brought it up - The sentence that I quoted was so broad it might as well could've been made with a paint roller, as even admitted just a couple posts above yours. So you basically just ripped it out of context.

True enough that Steam did not allow adult games when the big boom with Patreon started, but it seems to jump onto the trend of allowing adult games. They might be comparatively tame, but you can't just introduce something that - in the eyes of the general public - is seen as indecent without slowly working towards it. That would be a PR nightmare.

Nevertheless - and to get back onto the actual topic of the game itself: What are your guys' estimates? I'm honestly hoping for a release today/tomorrow to go ahead and enjoy the new stuffs.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I'd claim that without Patreon there would be no incentive to make games at all.
The incentive would be to get a job in the industry, become an artist professionally or to make your own games and sell them for cash. The economic process existed for thousands of years before Patreon and when our society is dust on the wind it will continue on uninterrupted.
I would second that comment, funding games has been around since games came about, in fact since public funding has came about its nothing but a way to make money with doing little in the way of work. Thats really how the gaming industry blew open it was because of computer programmers and hobbiests who pushed the bounds of what you could do, If you want to make a game you should be doing it out of heart and as a hobby you want to be doing, and if you can make some money, since software and hardware isn't free, thats fine. A number of free software programs came about because those who wrote them cared and wanted to help out others who also thought it was redundant to pay out the ass for commercial software. And all they asked (not always a requirement) was to donate some money to help keep the project going. And by having open software you can do whatever you wanted without having a funding site censor out cotent or ban you.

This game was pulling close to 40k a month if its dropped too or below 20K (I've read different reports its closer to 17k) then the people have spoken as to how they feel about the time it takes to create updates, and the fact the funding site has gotten an inflated ego over what it's willing to accept. And you have to be a donator to the respective game devs page in order just to view anything! If that was the model back then adult games would have been dried up and almost non-existing today.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You people need to get a life. It comes out when it comes out. Don't donate if that's too late for you. And don't spam this thread with side-long comments, seriously.

IT DOES NOT CHANGE A BIT!

Reactions: Badjourasmix

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
It should be like on Steam Early Access. People buy your Game and then you are commited to finishing it. It very rarely happens on Steam that Early Access Games gets abandoned.

Nov 15, 2018
Oh, but there is a context and even a reason as to why I brought it up - The sentence that I quoted was so broad it might as well could've been made with a paint roller, as even admitted just a couple posts above yours. So you basically just ripped it out of context.

True enough that Steam did not allow adult games when the big boom with Patreon started, but it seems to jump onto the trend of allowing adult games. They might be comparatively tame, but you can't just introduce something that - in the eyes of the general public - is seen as indecent without slowly working towards it. That would be a PR nightmare.

Nevertheless - and to get back onto the actual topic of the game itself: What are your guys' estimates? I'm honestly hoping for a release today/tomorrow to go ahead and enjoy the new stuffs.
At the rate the bug and issues is increasing, I'd say another week and a half at least. If we're lucky we might get the update before the end of May.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

petur

Jul 29, 2017
The game is excellent but the restart at the time was a little annoying. Save not working.
The save works for me. You must have done something wrong. Clean your save folders and reinstall the game. You are talking about the save they are providing on the summertime saga official site, right? If you are talking about some random save you got don't bother. Go and download the save from the official site. Here let me link it to you.

Reactions: SandyF and BK186

Igniculus

Sep 21, 2017
Still a bit pissed at Patreon for censoring incest contents. Hope new incest patch come soon after game drop.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
It should be like on Steam Early Access. People buy your Game and then you are commited to finishing it. It very rarely happens on Steam that Early Access Games gets abandoned.
Abandoned, no. But there are games that have been early access for several years, getting maybe one update a year that adds not a lot of content. Maybe the occasional bugfixes.

For example, I own Pulsar The Lost Colony and Osiris New Dawn. Have had them for three and two years, respectively. Neither of them have an actual update more than once a year. Pulsar adds tiny things and some bug fixes, but nothing major. They've only, recently, added an end-game (or working towards one) with one of the game's factions. Osiris just hasn't had an update in a year or more.

Just like the AIF genre seen here, there are developers that just take your money and run, doing just enough work to qualify as not being abandoned.

Reactions: doshirak228

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017

I don't think it was broad. He was talking about adult games obviously because we are on a forum for adult games. What Steam may be in 5 years still doesn't have any relevance to the scene now or in the past. The game will come out tomorrow.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Steam games get abandoned all the time or the devs rush it once the sales drop or don't kick in. There are actually groups and curators on Steam who just track abandoned Early access games. Patreon really is the best system to make someone continue with the game and put effort into it. With SS people seem happy to give him 50k a month so he has no reason to change anything. The market is the market.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes