j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So I will reiterate my main complaint, he needs a project manager. He needs someone to plan the updates so we aren't constantly having updates that are reworking of previous content. Debbie has been reworked (and still needs another rework), Diane has been reworked, Jenny has been reworked. Erik and Mrs Johnson is in need of a rework, Mia is incomplete (Angelica is still WiP). So, basically, since the game began, we have had Roxy and the Teachers that haven't been or announced that they would be re-written. That's unbelievably bad planning, which is why there are accusations of milking.

My challenge to defenders of DC: what part of what I have just said isn't true and isn't worthy of criticism?
I'd say this is where we strongly disagree. Back then, the game needed fast and very regular updates (0.1 to 0.8 were bi-weekly updates, basically) which had to be produced on a very small bugdet. That meant bad and fast art, bad quest design and inconclusive and short updates. But back then it was the right strategy to actually grow the game and more simply wasn't possible. Not within that time and not on their budget. It was a good and obviously very successfull way to grow the game.
That strategy changed in early 2018 when they finally decided to rework everything and ramped up the quality (which until then had been all over the place) across the board to one final standard. Next to that they decided that the game had to be playable on android. Since then everything is conclusive and nothing that's produced now will be reworked again (they'll add content but that's it). Right now we are within that transition and it will indeed last until all this old stuff is gone. No complaining will change that.

I don't know how anybody can call this a management failure or bad planning. I mean, imagine DC had started producing such large and high quality updates, as we are getting them now, alone by himself on a bugdet of $1000 and less. We'd have waited a year for 0.2 and the game would have gotten nowhere.

When it comes to hiring people, the main premise for DC seems to be that they have to fit 100% into his team. Take some time and we'll certainly get a new second coder (again) and more animators. The thing that will upset people though is, that the overall time for an update won't get shorter by that. I won't talk about artists again, that has been discussed more than once.

Reactions: robocopio

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
If the new version is going to be released today then, im gonna let my ass getting demolished from kevin....

Reactions: kingja89
4.10 star(s) 354 Votes