satanpants

Mar 20, 2018
Cant release an update before the month ends or people will jump off the subscription money train.

Well look at that, as soon as the month flips over the last few things have finished.

Dont misunderstand me, though. I do not blame them for doing this if this is indeed what they are doing (and have done in the past), it makes perfect logistical sense and I would have done the same.

But making a post saying it will come out soon is in poor taste. The cynic in me thinks that they might have done that to pull in an extra few hundred before the month ends, I don't believe this to be true entirely...

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Cant release an update before the month ends or people will jump off the subscription money train.

Well look at that, as soon as the month flips over the last few things have finished.

Dont misunderstand me, though. I do not blame them for doing this if this is indeed what they are doing (and have done in the past), it makes perfect logistical sense and I would have done the same.

But making a post saying it will come out soon is in poor taste. The cynic in me thinks that they might have done that to pull in an extra few hundred before the month ends, I don't believe this to be true entirely...
I've yet to see anyone explain how this makes logistical sense, as you put it.

If this game was pay to access, then yes, I could see this making sense. But since Patrons only get the game an hour early (give or take), what is the incentive to stay subbed? They don't have to be subbed to get the game when he releases it.

Everyone could stop supporting this instant, and we'd still get the update, unless he held on to it out of spite. The minor drop we've seen in supporters is due to normal, first of the month, Patreon stuff. If you look at the history of any Patreon project, you will see a first of the month dip that quickly recovers.

Edit: This is an actual question I want an answer to, btw. Not being condescending in any way.

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
So how many hours does it take for the public links to be online compared to the patreon links?

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
I've yet to see anyone explain how this makes logistical sense, as you put it.

If this game was pay to access, then yes, I could see this making sense. But since Patrons only get the game an hour early (give or take), what is the incentive to stay subbed? They don't have to be subbed to get the game when he releases it.

Everyone could stop supporting this instant, and we'd still get the update, unless he held on to it out of spite. The minor drop we've seen in supporters is due to normal, first of the month, Patreon stuff. If you look at the history of any Patreon project, you will see a first of the month dip that quickly recovers.

Edit: This is an actual question I want an answer to, btw. Not being condescending in any way.
Fuck me, didn't know there was logistics involved in the release. :O Update schedule is miraculously fast then :D

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
Just came back from my little trip i opened the SS thread here on F95 and there's STILL people who are bitching about the slow updates,slow release date, DC who makes tons of money but he and his team can't speed up their work bla bla bla come on guys grow up a little, this is getting really annoying, just look how many pages we have with the same complaining over and over

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
DC is addressing it now on stream. Something is broken still, and even though it says 100%, we're not ready for it to go out this moment. That's not to say it won't be out soon still. SOON. That's what you get.
This is honestly my biggest issues with DC, he doesn't know when to shut up. Don't say anything till it's ready and you are uploading it.

Meneg

May 1, 2019
Does anyone know around what time it's coming out tonight? I really don't want the game to push my bedtime back any further and ruin my sleep schedule.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Well its already 4pm in Darkcookie's time zone and there is apparetly a new issue they have to fix so i imagine it will be late tonight or early tomorrow. But then again who knows

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes