Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Feels like major updates are now every other month. What's changed other than not committing to a deadline?
What are you talking about?

You have a number of things that have to be done to collectively create a VN. As the game becomes more complex, more things are taken into account which expand the scope of the game. Sometimes, you rewrite scenes to expand on what is known. Likewise, you have to consider that these people may start interacting which *changes* how the game states function.

We won't know all that's coming out until it comes out. But the game is slowly building on what came before while also expanding on the bits and pieces.

I don't know why people think the entire process of a game should ONLY take a few days or even a week. Seriously, just doing a rewrite and edit can take me a few days as I consider what happens before and after an event that makes a story change. I would think the same process for the game could be expanded greatly on the 4+ members of the DC team as they work to create a coherent story every time...

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again, the bottleneck is neither art nor posing. It's coding. People falsely assume that it's a serialized workflow, where art and posing MUST be completed before coding can be done, but that's just plain false. It's parallelized, where the coders should be able to get the bulk of the work done with placeholder assets, and once the actual art and sequences are done, simply swap out the placeholders with the final products. There's no excuse for coding to be lagging behind so far.
I am sure you have provided your services then for your valued insights and/or talked to Panda to back your claim.

If not, well, no point being a know-it-all on a board that has no connection what so ever with the devs, is there? What you think is best without knowing anything on how the process is structured is kinda irrelevant. They feel the dev-cycle can be sped up by speeding up the art, so an artist is sought.

Besides, the game is increasing in size, with every update being bigger than the previous one. With every update introducing a new storyline also means increasingly more storylines need to be maintained, streamlined and expanded. Finding the right artist that can properly match the style will take time. If art isn't a bottleneck now, it will be once an artist is found.

Gozer

May 16, 2017
When are we going to kick that burglar's ass that is raiding Erics house at night or atleast watch a good sleep assault with him and the mom...

GoldenGateSon

Jun 24, 2017
I am sure you have provided your services then for your valued insights and/or talked to Panda to back your claim.

If not, well, no point being a know-it-all on a board that has no connection what so ever with the devs, is there? What you think is best without knowing anything on how the process is structured is kinda irrelevant. They feel the dev-cycle can be sped up by speeding up the art, so an artist is sought.
So, you're free to provide your own uninformed opinions about the development process, but for some reason anybody else doing the same gets shut down? Nice hypocrisy there.

Besides, the game is increasing in size, with every update being bigger than the previous one. With every update introducing a new storyline also means increasingly more storylines need to be maintained, streamlined and expanded. Finding the right artist that can properly match the style will take time. If art isn't a bottleneck now, it will be once an artist is found.
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Having more artists will create more of an art bottleneck? Having more artists will exacerbate the coding and posing bottleneck because you'll have all that finished art sitting around not being posed or added to the game because the coders and posers are falling behind.

Further, what you mention about "every update introducing a new storyline also means increasingly more storylines need to be maintained, streamlined and expanded" adds more work to the CODERS' jobs, because they have to dive back into the code and restructure variables and the flow of the game, and the writer(s) who have to rewrite certain scripts to accommodate affected scenes. This again creates more of a bottleneck in coding than it does in art.

Feel free to express your opinion, but don't spout it as if it was fact when it's clear from your own comments that you have a poor understanding of how game development actually works.

Last edited:

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
Dear Christ!!! your not a nice person.. so what it takes a little over a month to get a update.. ITS FREE and it GOOD this is the Greatest game I have played PERIOD. and I have played big brother, man of the house, dual family and, dreams of desire.. and a lot of lesser garbage too. I myself am completely satisfied with the time it takes .. and frankly with the idea that he is "milking" patrons .. he's gotta get paid somehow. I say

- ZAIKO -

☁️
Donor
May 30, 2017
We have some options:
1 - The burglar will have some fun with Eric's mom
2 - MC will kick his ass
3 - Call the police, bro
4 - "Nah, i'm going to sleep. bye"

Reactions: ugoughi

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
When are we going to kick that burglar's ass that is raiding Erics house at night or atleast watch a good sleep assault with him and the mom...
I always assumed that the burglar was Eric. He has similar hair, and looks kind of fat. And why would he continually be going to the same house? We'll learn about it eventually, and maybe when that happens, the schedule will actually be changed up so he's not always in Eric's backyard if it's not Eric.

- ZAIKO -

☁️
Donor
May 30, 2017
I always assumed that the burglar was Eric. He has similar hair, and looks kind of fat. And why would he continually be going to the same house? We'll learn about it eventually, and maybe when that happens, the schedule will actually be changed up so he's not always in Eric's backyard if it's not Eric.
Burglar = Eric's Dad (maybe)

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Eric's Dad is a rock star off on tour, and the burglar has been striking random houses in the neighborhood. It is possible I suppose, but I'd wager its not.

I rather like the idea that it is Eric himself. That's why there hasn't been a reaction from Eric or his mom about being robbed (since its just Eric coming home). (Of course it could just be because that bit of the story hadn't been written yet. We'll find out in the next week or two I'm sure)

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I sorta thought the guy on your sister's comp (the one with the slash around his eye) was Eric's dad.

Making him a gangster that up and disappeared really makes sense along with leaving to take care of business outside of town. And as MC's dad racked up the bills, the enforcer came to take care of the problem.

Seems to really put some intrigue into the game but it's just one possible detail. Won't know until we get some sure hints.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Burglar = Eric's Mom

Reasons: 1. There is no explanation on how she earns money to pay for things; 2. She is very fit and flexible, two traits that can be useful when breaking into a house; 3. Eric's Dad mailed Eric a letter when he could of just given it to Eric's mother (or left it inside the house) instead if he was the burglar; 4. The burglar keeps being seen entering their back-yard but there is no mention of things being stolen.

Reactions: Ali_Baba

Ali_Baba

Jun 14, 2017
Burglar = Eric's Mom

Reasons: 1. There is no explanation on how she earns money to pay for things; 2. She is very fit and flexible, two traits that can be useful when breaking into a house; 3. Eric's Dad mailed Eric a letter when he could of just given it to Eric's mother (or left it inside the house) instead if he was the burglar; 4. The burglar keeps being seen entering their back-yard but there is no mention of things being stolen.
That was also my thinking. The burglar was seen too often at Eric's house and no police report. But naturally it could be also that the game content is missing ;)

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes