Kayza

Jan 3, 2018
Why were the mom,sister, and aunt change from being the MC’s family to being neighbor and roommates. I seen an old game play that the MC called Jenny his sister, Debbie his mom, and Diane his aunt

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Probably this one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oooh that. Well back then it could've been all cheeky. Well I'm interested in what DC has changed about Eve now, seeing how she doesn't seem to hang out in the park at night anymore.
Inb4 she's gonna be an actual romantic route.

Why were the mom,sister, and aunt change from being the MC’s family to being neighbor and roommates. I seen an old game play that the MC called Jenny his sister, Debbie his mom, and Diane his aunt
Patreon guidelines banning incest.

Reactions: unknown78

BananaPyjama

Oct 22, 2017
Because PayPal don't like certain things, and since Patreon wants to keep working with them Patreon has to bend over and allow PayPal dictate what is and what isn't allowed on Patreon.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Ok I just got into the world of 3d games ...
spend some more time there and you'll understand. you don't exactly need a galaxy brain to figure out why hand drawn 2D games take more time than just using pre made gobbos ripped straight out of daz in your low effort linear 3D game.

answer is lazyness, he likes to milk patreons.
i guess it's that time of the year again

Last edited:

401Grem

May 14, 2017
How the hell can Dr. Pink Cake produce an entire fucking episode of BADIK in 3 months, working absolutely alone with 1900 patrons ... and Kompas Production with 19000 patrons and 7 members producing infinitely smaller content in 6 months?
Doesn't matter, and you're wasting everyones time discussiong it here.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
How the hell can Dr. Pink Cake produce an entire fucking episode of BADIK in 3 months, working absolutely alone with 1900 patrons ... and Kompas Production with 19000 patrons and 7 members producing infinitely smaller content in 6 months?
Two reasons. First, Summertime Saga is, primarily, drawn by one person. Every single piece of work needed to be done for each update is tied to the artwork of that one person. As a result the work is slower since it's more time intensive than 3D modeling is even if you build the models entirely from scratch. Summertime Saga is the type of project that will quite simply take more time than others.

Second, the larger a Patreon, the less motivation to do things quickly. It's not necessarily laziness, but would you rush to get things done ASAP if you had a bunch of people giving you $614,316 a year before Patreon's cut and taxes? No, no you wouldn't. As a result DC isn't motivated to get things out at a standard clip. Smaller Patreons are motivated to get projects out at a faster rate since they need to give people a reason to subscribe. Virtually every game that takes money from Patreon and other similar services does this. Updates come quickly early on and the bigger and more successful they get the slower and less content rich those updates become.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Two reasons. First, Summertime Saga is, primarily, drawn by one person. Every single piece of work needed to be done for each update is tied to the artwork of that one person. As a result the work is slower since it's more time intensive than 3D modeling is even if you build the models entirely from scratch. Summertime Saga is the type of project that will quite simply take more time than others.

Second, the larger a Patreon, the less motivation to do things quickly. It's not necessarily laziness, but would you rush to get things done ASAP if you had a bunch of people giving you $614,316 a year before Patreon's cut and taxes? No, no you wouldn't. As a result DC isn't motivated to get things out at a standard clip. Smaller Patreons are motivated to get projects out at a faster rate since they need to give people a reason to subscribe. Virtually every game that takes money from Patreon and other similar services does this. Updates come quickly early on and the bigger and more successful they get the slower and less content rich those updates become.
Why While I would sign the first part of your theory (hand-drawn 2D is more challenging than rendering pre-defined 3D), I doubt the second one. It would be possible without much effort to finish the game and immediately start with a spin-off, like DC already hinted. That would also keep his patrons engaged.

Edit: replaced "why" with "while", sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Why I would sign the first part of your theory (hand-drawn 2D is more challenging than rendering pre-defined 3D), I doubt the second one. It would be possible without much effort to finish the game and immediately start with a spin-off, like DC already hinted. That would also keep his patrons engaged.
Not to piss on your roof but most 3D games here just use models that were made by other people.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Not to piss on your roof but most 3D games here just use models that were made by other people.
I don't care who stole a model from who, or who is just re-using pre-defined models. The point is that if you have a model ready in 3D, it is a trivial task to produce hundreds of images without having to draw a single line by hand. Even changing perspective to have another view on the same scene comes without extra costs. Animations come for free as well, everything the tool supports. Totally different from drawing 2D images.

As a result, 2D artists are typically more engaged in story. So if you want a decent story, in my opinion you would most likely get in in a 2D game.

Of course, there are some good 3D games as well (e.g. Harem Hotel), and a whole lot of bad 2D games. But out of the ten games worth playing I ever played, only two were 3D games.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Why I would sign the first part of your theory (hand-drawn 2D is more challenging than rendering pre-defined 3D), I doubt the second one. It would be possible without much effort to finish the game and immediately start with a spin-off, like DC already hinted. That would also keep his patrons engaged.
You would "sign" my theory because it's not a theory. It's a fact. Animation is much, much easier with and quicker with 3D models. With animation you have to draw each pose if you're going the 2D route, whereas with animation most of what you have to do is rig the model for animation and then pose and key frame. The most time consuming aspect of animating with 3D models is the rendering process. There's a reason 3D replaced 2D in animated films.

The second part isn't a theory either. It's based on empirical evidence.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You would "sign" my theory because it's not a theory. It's a fact. Animation is much, much easier with and quicker with 3D models. With animation you have to draw each pose if you're going the 2D route, whereas with animation most of what you have to do is rig the model for animation and then pose and key frame. The most time consuming aspect of animating with 3D models is the rendering process. There's a reason 3D replaced 2D in animated films.

The second part isn't a theory either. It's based on empirical evidence.
That's pretty much what I wrote as well (apart from the fact that we both disagree on your last sentence).

Edit: I made a stupid mistake in my statement that you quoted. Corrected the original post to make clear what I meant, sorry for that.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
They arent really stupid when they are correct, your answer is actually prety stupid and naive . Like the other guy answered either you take a lazy work that takes months and is still full of bugs or a rushed one that lacks content and is still filled qith bugs and problems
How could I miss that. You clearly convinced me -- with your first post even. Welcome to the forum.

Stupid is the question, because rendered 3D cannot be compared to 2D hand-drawn art, as already explained in the several recent posts. Stupid is the anwer about DC milking his patrons because the game is free. No milking here. Whoever supports DC, so it appears to me, is pretty satisfied with the work he provides.

Reactions: CptRexx and Vibescu

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
How could I miss that. You clearly convinced me -- with your first post even. Welcome to the forum.

Stupid is the question, because rendered 3D cannot be compared to 2D hand-drawn art, as already explained in the several recent posts. Stupid is the anwer about DC milking his patrons because the game is free. No milking here. Whoever supports DC, so it appears to me, is pretty satisfied with the work he provides.
Haters gonna hate. Let them hate the game and the creator. Game is free, you don't pay or do anything to get the game and yet still complain. Get a life. (These words are not towards you, friend)

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes