j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Thanks for answering. At 50k, how much do you think is being invested in this game? maybe 10k?
10k is certainly too low. After all he employs 6 people next to himself and as far as I'm aware all of those live in western europe and north america, so he'll have to pay decent hourly wages. The last official and content related patreon funding goal was set at ~25k and I'd guess that's what's needed to keep the lights on with this team.

Anyway, I'm glad to discover this 3D world ... I'm just lost with how much good content these games seem to have. I haven't tried it before because I thought it was crap, but damn, I was totally wrong, it's even better than 2D. I will definitely support those who are working hard on a game ... I can finally forget about Summertime.
Yeah, there are many games out there and the initial flash is huge. But after some time you'll see that quite a of that 3D art in combination with bad stories becomes somewhat boring and you'll start searching for either creative games or different concepts.

Edit:
'' Because the game is free '', of course, excellent excuse to milk without any asshole having the reason to complain, right? DC does it only for charity, and for love.
Remove all patreon monetization from DC, or build a totally free community ... let's see if the game continues.
Do you know what is stupid? support a developer who delivers less content with more investment.
No, but that means that anybody who isn't happy can just quit paying and still get the game basically right after release. So it's not like other games where devs actually sell their game by granting very early access for huge sums of money. I hope you see the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forbidden Siren

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Hey, is the creator thinking of releasing this game in 3d version?
I'd say there is a greater chance of being struck by lightning. This game isn't even finished yet. 3D would require tons of new assets and time that would take away from the current dev time (assuming he was to do it himself).

The only other way would be for him to outsource it and that seems like a waste of money.

spend some more time there and you'll understand. you don't exactly need a galaxy brain to figure out why hand drawn 2D games take more time than just using pre made gobbos ripped straight out of daz in your low effort linear 3D game.
Compared to low effort 2D games?

Kilton

Aug 8, 2019
How could I miss that. You clearly convinced me -- with your first post even. Welcome to the forum.

Stupid is the question, because rendered 3D cannot be compared to 2D hand-drawn art, as already explained in the several recent posts. Stupid is the anwer about DC milking his patrons because the game is free. No milking here. Whoever supports DC, so it appears to me, is pretty satisfied with the work he provides.
You keep sounding so naive and it shows when you imply that 3d doesnt take its time and skills to do it and that in 2d art you can also reuse certain assests to save time and money. The game takes allways an aditional week so it gets another month of patreon ill call that milking the fans, also using the excuse that the game is free so you cant complain is very tiresome and doesnt excuse how lacking certain updates have been(diane)
And just because certain people like to juat cover their ears, eyes about certain problems but not their mouth to critize any opinion against the game(like calling them stupid) doesnt really mean anything

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
You keep sounding so naive and it shows when you imply that 3d doesnt take its time and skills to do it and that in 2d art you can also reuse certain assests to save time and money. The game takes allways an aditional week so it gets another month of patreon ill call that milking the fans, also using the excuse that the game is free so you cant complain is very tiresome and doesnt excuse how lacking certain updates have been(diane)
And just because certain people like to juat cover their ears, eyes about certain problems but not their mouth to critize any opinion against the game(like calling them stupid) doesnt really mean anything

There are tons of people on the forum who don't understand 3D art can be time consuming and just as much work if not more than types of 2D art. Sloppy work in any medium can be done fast. Likewise, well done art work in any media takes time and effort.

Reactions: dylan123 and Yekul

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I think the exact opposite happened to me. Do you know what my first adult game was? Milftoon Drama. After that, Summer.
3D to me is like fresh air.
Well, those are pretty small numbers at the moment. I meant like playing for a year or more. You'll start to see many characters, items, etc. reappear. At least for me a "limit" was reached once the same character/model started to appear in two games I really enjoyed at the time (Dreams of Desire and "The Gift" in that case, but I could name quite a few more) and when there was a flood of honey select games. Of course there are great 3D games but 2D games are often a bit more unique by default.

Edit: I still play and try quite a few games but I certainly became picky and will drop stuff once the story or the art is too generic.
There are tons of people on the forum who don't understand 3D art can be time consuming and just as much work if not more than types of 2D art. Sloppy work in any medium can be done fast. Likewise, well done art work in any media takes time and effort.
I guess the point many people actually want to make is scalabilty. With 3D art it is possible to have several people working on that kind of posing/etc. once the basics are there and once there's some kind of basic coordination, whereas that's way harder for 2D. There you'd have to go really big and set up a bigger team of artists which is highly supervised to achieve the consistency that would be needed.

Next to that it's of course true that most 3D games simply aren't that good and that it happens, that people name the next best 3D game with frequent updates, which then uses more or less standard models and the most basic story, backgrounds, etc. one can imagine.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Why do you even bother to answer? I already said you convinced me. Now go away.

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Dude, they are gonna keep coming after anyone who has even the slightest appreciation for the game. They have to. If they dont, they acknowledge the wolves at the door, the barbarians at the gate. Those being the fact that there are people on this planet that have heard what they have to say, seen the points they want to make, and then disregard their opinion as just that, the opinion of someone they neither know nor care about.

At a certain point it's not even ABOUT the game. It becomes more, "how dare you not mindlessly agree with me and do what I tell you!?"

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
Dude, they are gonna keep coming after anyone who has even the slightest appreciation for the game. They have to. If they dont, they acknowledge the wolves at the door, the barbarians at the gate. Those being the fact that there are people on this planet that have heard what they have to say, seen the points they want to make, and then disregard their opinion as just that, the opinion of someone they neither know nor care about.

At a certain point it's not even ABOUT the game. It becomes more, "how dare you not mindlessly agree with me and do what I tell you!?"
I just find it funny it's on 99% of threads and it's the pretty much the same shit every time, sorry game devs aren't up to all YOUR standards big yikes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I just find it funny it's on 99% of threads and it's the pretty much the same shit every time, sorry game devs aren't up to all YOUR standards big yikes
I am just wondering, what do the haters do once the game is finished, no more updates coming, ever? Do they find and visit DC and do violence to him because he dares to not deliver any more at all, even though the dump patrons of his still might support him?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Damn, DC is down $2k since May... Guess people are starting to wake up
It's quite normal though. Between january and february for example his earnings fell $3k month to month. It's simply part of those longer update schedules. Next to that it's indeed true that funding has probably reached a plateu, after all it'll be online for 3 years very soon and most people know what they can expect.

Reactions: KURO_NEKO_SAM

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
It's quite normal though. Between january and february for example his earnings fell $3k month to month. It's simply part of those longer update schedules. Next to that it's indeed true that funding has probably reached a plateu, after all it'll be online for 3 years very soon and most people know what they can expect.
Yeah, that's true. But it seems like more people are pledging less money.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, that's true. But it seems like more people are pledging less money.
Yes, but I'd say that's actually not that bad for DC. Being dependent on high tier patreons is always a double-edged sword, since losing them will really hurt and poeple will actually expect "more" for their money (no matter if it's realistic or not). Having a ton of $1 patreons means things are quite a bit more relaxed, since most people will hardly mind spending $12 a year and many of them won't care that much if an update takes a bit longer or not, as long as they enjoy playing them.

I mean, wether you spend something between $30 and $80 on one 3-4 months update or $3 to $4 is a huge difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count_Chocula

Samǣl

Jun 7, 2018
Hey I was curious, anyone think there'll be a time one of these days when they make it possible
to go all the way with Judith? I would hope we would get the chance by the end of this game to
go after every girl our age and woman we come across that we can. Off the top of my head, I
hope we get to finish with:

Judith, the Principal as that woman needs to be knocked down a fucking peg (can I get an Amen?),
Annie (same thing), that nun who blackmailed us into helping her could use some teaching too,
the new maid we got Consuela, Annie's mother, the coach, Eve's sister, even
Cap'ns wife and probably Mayor Rumps daughter (still fucking hilarious).

Personally I would somewhat find it entertaining to get a chance to knock the principal down
those few pegs cause she ain't half deservin it. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a dominant
woman, personally does nothing for me, but she does need to be taken down at least a little so her
reign of tyranny at school can finally just end. Annie too, cause she's just as bad almost. Conseula
is a no brainer, Annie's mother as well cause her husband is a fucker, the coach is one I wouldn't
be bothered either way. Cap'ns wife is also one that could happen or not, and Eve's sister would
just be ironic.

But which one are you looking forward to being added at a later date? If this ain't the place to
ask I apologise and can remove the message. Not looking for any trouble or conflict, just was
curious. Started the game from scratch and realised Judith never gets a look in. If I missed any
women on that list, please do point them out to me its been a while since I played through more
than a specific parts.

If memory serves, I know of perhaps only three others, which would be the chinese nurse, and
those two latino gangsta wannabe chicks who are always pickin on everyone they see. The others
like Eve and Rhonda are already scheduled I know, but after that anything is possible.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes