jasfest

Jun 2, 2017
DarkCookie seems to consider a middle ground, he just posted this on Discord:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i remember back when the game was starting out we did the patreon poll to decide for either quick small updates or wait for beefier ones, nobody expected the wait time to be 6 month per update.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, I guess in those cases it makes quite a bit of sense. He talked about a possible MC/Consuela update (possibly 19.5?) for quite some time and 0.20 for the main story seems so massive (we've got like 4 or 5 girls/women?), that it makes sense to split it. I'd stil be surprised if he'd split actual character updates like 0.21 for Ronda though.

In the end it makes sense to reach at least 4 to 5 updates per year, alternating between longer and short ones, but it's never going to be like 9 or 10.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Not a bad idea this, especially since 0.20 is probably going to be by far the beefiest update yet, being all about the main story. It'll be interesting to see how big the 19.5 is going to be, since they're talking about multiple characters. :)

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Splitting 0.20 in two parts makes sense. It will probably be the biggest update, and even the patrons probably wouldn't be happy if they had to wait more than 6 months between updates.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Splitting 0.20 in two parts makes sense. It will probably be the biggest update, and even the patrons probably wouldn't be happy if they had to wait more than 6 months between updates.
Especially given how quiet things tend to get once the update and followup plans roll out.
Yeah, there's talk on discord, talk on streams, but when I'm supporting them through a site that works on a subscription based model, I'd like to get some compensation on said site, not a third party alltogether.

I personally am okay with waiting for these big updates if they tend to focus on mainly one characters story (Eve, Roxxy), since it means the focus is on them, their stories and some side characters involved in that, not an entire place like the School - whose update I found lacking to say the least. However, we are now approaching an ever increasing timespan as the scope of each update seems to grow bigger and bigger. If they reach a treshold of over half a year, I might just change my mind.

Deleted member 205331

Sep 15, 2017
Since 19.5 is going to be a bonus update, with multiple characters getting extra content, I think you've got a chance there to get at least some Annie content. :)
Bro, I wish. But, I can see those extra content characters being Consuela and the two latinas, which makes sense because, their stories are much more shorter than with Lucy and Annie. I have no problem with it and would rather have a larger update for my waifu Lucy which is hopefully 0.22. I just have to bare the wait painfully until 2021.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
As far as I'm aware the bugs/issues tracker isn't part of the current percentage. It'll only really become relevant once they actually start bug testing and they'll add tasks when they arise. Last time the number basically doubled (to ~150?) before the release came.
18.0 got to 221 before release, but they rolled some over into the 18.5 release, so it would have been a bit higher than that.

i remember back when the game was starting out we did the patreon poll to decide for either quick small updates or wait for beefier ones, nobody expected the wait time to be 6 month per update.
They haven't even come close to hitting the 6 month mark on release times.

Guys old saves really dont work, and it needed to start new game every update? Hod do u do that.
You don't really have to replay the whole game to get tot he new stuff. Usually there's 15-20 minutes of replay total to get enough triggers in for all the new stuff. They've also been releasing a save game with the release that has that stuff covered so you can more or less jump right to the new stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKH18

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
Year later and people in this thread still argue over percentages. I guess this is a definition of obsession.

On the other hand, you there j4yj4m still working here? I am truly helpless as to what I should say about this haha.

Btw this game is never getting completed, as I see you still holding onto the concept. At this point it's more likely that climate apocalypse or nuclear war will happen faster than summertimesaga reaches version number 1.00.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes