Dogeek

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
Just dropping by to say that :

- The new save system is, well, new. I didn't expect it to go smooth as butter

- It's very hard to test for save-related bugs, because everyone will save at different points of the game.

- You may be thrown back a few labels every once in a while, especially when jumping versions (like loading a 0.19.0 save in 0.19.1). To avoid this, save often, and in places where no dialogue happens (like on the map for instance), and while not in a dialogue.

- We're going to address the issue above, but it is going to be arduous. We've got some leads to potentially fix this, but nothing's set in stone yet, and whichever way we choose is going to require major reworks on the whole structure of the game

- If you want the technical details : it's because of how the renpy return stack works, and particularly, how jumps do not reset the return stack, forcing us to chop it up to not leak memory everywhere. Additionnally, renpy's return stack is specific to each version of a build. It's a nightmare to untangle.

- I've seen some issues with outfits not being saved (especially with diane) and that causes issues. I'm looking into that at the moment.

- I think it's pretty clear as to why save stuff is so hard to test for : even with 100,000 testers, these issues only came up D+4 after release. Comme quoi...

- There may be some other bugs, to report regarding the save system, but in order for us to notice them, please refrain from opening 60 tickets about the same bug. It really drowns proper bug reports in a sea of useless ones. If you want to notify that you're also affected by the bug, just leave a comment on it, and preferably attach a save file. And people wonder why we restrict the bug tracker to $1 patreons. It would be unusable otherwise!

- Speaking of the bug tracker, for those of you who have access to it, please behave, as mentionned above, reporting the same thing more than once is doing us, and you, by proxy, a disservice. For real, I don't even check the public bug tracker anymore(mil still does though, and send us the verified bugs on gitlab), since it's filled to the brim with useless bug reports, with barely an explanation, no save or log files attached. Proper etiquette would go a long way in making sure the bugs are noticed, and then promptly fixed. Thank you.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

- It's very hard to test for save-related bugs, because everyone will save at different points of the game.

- You may be thrown back a few labels every once in a while, especially when jumping versions (like loading a 0.19.0 save in 0.19.1). To avoid this, save often, and in places where no dialogue happens (like on the map for instance), and while not in a dialogue.

- We're going to address the issue above, but it is going to be arduous. We've got some leads to potentially fix this, but nothing's set in stone yet, and whichever way we choose is going to require major reworks on the whole structure of the game

- If you want the technical details : it's because of how the renpy return stack works, and particularly, how jumps do not reset the return stack, forcing us to chop it up to not leak memory everywhere. Additionnally, renpy's return stack is specific to each version of a build. It's a nightmare to untangle.

- I've seen some issues with outfits not being saved (especially with diane) and that causes issues. I'm looking into that at the moment.

- I think it's pretty clear as to why save stuff is so hard to test for : even with 100,000 testers, these issues only came up D+4 after release. Comme quoi...

- There may be some other bugs, to report regarding the save system, but in order for us to notice them, please refrain from opening 60 tickets about the same bug. It really drowns proper bug reports in a sea of useless ones. If you want to notify that you're also affected by the bug, just leave a comment on it, and preferably attach a save file. And people wonder why we restrict the bug tracker to $1 patreons. It would be unusable otherwise!

- Speaking of the bug tracker, for those of you who have access to it, please behave, as mentionned above, reporting the same thing more than once is doing us, and you, by proxy, a disservice. For real, I don't even check the public bug tracker anymore(mil still does though, and send us the verified bugs on gitlab), since it's filled to the brim with useless bug reports, with barely an explanation, no save or log files attached. Proper etiquette would go a long way in making sure the bugs are noticed, and then promptly fixed. Thank you.
So, I guess to summarise this, we're screwed? There isn't really any way to avoid stories resetting, achievements not unlocking, Cookie Jar scenes not unlocking, etc?

Reactions: cimibibapa2

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019

Thank you.
Thank you for looking into this and being upfront about the issues and their complexity.

D

Deleted member 1679667

DC stopped support for android mods?
before a folder was created with the name "summertimesaga" in which you could put mods, but you can no longer... or what happened?
Yeah having the same issue I noticed the folder disappeared so been playing 18.6 till a fix might come.

Reactions: Keitaro420

Zer0z

Jun 29, 2017
Anyone here kind enough to share a save compatible with this version right before the new content starts?

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
There isn't really any way to avoid stories resetting, achievements not unlocking, Cookie Jar scenes not unlocking, etc?

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
Knocked up Eve, knocked up Grace, knocked up Odette, started all over again with Jenny first, followed by Debbie, then Diane.

Got to the point I could pound Debbie into the mattress and knock up Diane, but couldn't get a threesome with both in Debbie's bedroom. Maybe I didn't pound Debbie into the mattress before I started the Wiki route with Diane? Don't know, can't remember.

So, starting all over again with Debbie, following the Wiki route exactly, then I'll go on to Diane.

Oh well.

Necronlord2

Jan 12, 2018
I...dunno.
Such a complete character rewrite still seems a bit farfetched even for that since one would expect him wanting to pander to his Patreons more and I highly doubt any Patreon expected that.
Having said that...it would explain why half of Eve´s character arc just completely vanishes.
Her entire irresponsibility issue(and all that entails)is never really concluded and instead the story shifts focus on the whole Odette thing which...seems woefully miswritten.
"Trying harder" shouldnt change someones sexual preference and reads absolutely jarring with the constant "Grace isnt gay"-reminding the game does.

Urgh the more I think about the route the more disappointing it gets.
Really hoping DC still has something in the works similar to the last Jenny bugfixes to round the route off,otherwise...yikes.
Yeah i do hope the other Eve scenes get fixed in a minor update as well. Its just weird to have two different characters for Eve...unless thats intended:unsure:

And the hinted additional scenes...

Jan 20, 2019
Tried it, didn't work. That's a pity, I guess I've to replay the game o get a save.
I have the same problem and I even went back to the point where I was talking to her in the school about her mom and I went to the trailer immediatly but it didn't work... Maybe looking through the savefile can fix it somehow, I'll report back.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Hi, about the incest patch.

There are some scenes that still refer to your mother as "debbie" like the lawn mowing scene and fixing the sink, also in the scene where you spy on your mother "debbie" in the shower, it says "she only sees me as my father's son" now all of these are not technically untrue, but they sound kind of weird.
In the patch, Debbie and Diane are also still referred to by name rather than relation when you check your phone for progression hints. Also, Erik's mom is still ref'd as Mrs Johnson when MC interacts with Erik. As in dialog options that ask "Where is Mrs Johnson" instead of "Where is your Mom".

I'd be happy to make the changes if I knew how. lol

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes