DarkSamurai84

Oct 16, 2017
I found that this might be related to playing in cheat mode. I had the same problem, then I toggled cheat mode off (open MC's phone, click the network signal bars upper left, 'General'), played poker as per normal, and on the first game I got Mrs J drunk and had the back room shenanigans. However, I can't progress her path any further than that, so it's really a non-fix.
Yeah, I'm clicking on the bars on the phone, but nothing's happening.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Not sure how the code got so error riddled for this update; things that have been in place for like six or seven updates have become borked. The only issue I've had with old content in my new 19.1 play is I can't advance the Mrs J story past unlocking June (either as a GF for Erik, or as a new fuckbuddy for MC) and getting drunk handies from Mrs J in the basement. But others are reporting all kinds of game breaking stops in play with old content, which is weird.
They are reworking existing code/game elements to make the savegames compatible. Erik's route was the last one that needed an overhaul and previous polls mentioned that the rework would happen in conjecture with the Erik/Mr.s J route's expansion. They seem to didn't want to delay any further and started plucking along, which seems to have lead to some breakage.

Reactions: BigBobIsHere

pirek

Jun 5, 2017
has anyone problem like my ?
when i load game and go to school i have always start scene then go principal and locker room boys then alhletic so i cant go athletic (i have finished quest) and nothing to do cant exit school, can only wait for fix it

• Sad
Reactions: AngelAIGS
Mar 28, 2018
I really enjoy playing Sumertime Saga, but sadly in its current state it is not possible to play the game through from the beginning. During the past few days I have played the game from the beginning three times, on the first play through I used the hints on the phone as the primary guide, on the second I followed closely TCMS's guide and on the third I followed closely DarkCookies guide. Every play through ended at a game breaking freeze and going to an earlier save and following a slight variation of the events also eneded in a game breaking error (not necessarily the same one), one of many examples is when I finished the first Yoga night I could not get out of the gym. I would strongly recommend that DarkCokkie stops development and take some time out to make root and branch revisions to the code (possibly with help from an expert programmer) to eradicate the many logic errors that appear to exist. Sorry to be harsh about what is otherwise a great game.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdblev

Jokerzwylde69

Jul 7, 2017
Just had a really weird issue/error. I inadvertantly advanced the Roxxy quest past Clyde leaving before I unlocked Daisy. In this save Jenny was pregnant. I started a fresh game in normal mode as I don't like cheat mode and on day 3 the discussion with Jenny and Debbie about who the father is going on in the kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: andrew david irving

Jokerzwylde69

Jul 7, 2017
is there a way to reset the achievements. I assumed deleting all files related to Summertime saga would do it but alas it has not. I reset the cookie jar, deleted the game files and the files in user/appdata/roaming/renpy; restarted the computer did a fresh download and previously earned achievements are still there

Mar 28, 2018
HaHa Jokerzwylde69, I have noticed over time that Ren'Py can do strange things with respect to save files; one example is that if you delete everything in the save folder but not the in game counterparts then you can sometimes still 'load' the deleted saves; or in another example if you copy the same game into two different folders, then you play one of the instances and make saves whilst you play you will find that the other instance of the game in a different folder 'knows' about the saves that you have made in a completely different file directory. The latter example totally screws up attempts to have, as one simple example, the love and corruption paths of a game to be played and saved separately. So imo using Ren'Py is not as straightforward as executing an exec for example.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
I really enjoy playing Sumertime Saga, but sadly in its current state it is not possible to play the game through from the beginning. During the past few days I have played the game from the beginning three times, on the first play through I used the hints on the phone as the primary guide, on the second I followed closely TCMS's guide and on the third I followed closely DarkCookies guide. Every play through ended at a game breaking freeze and going to an earlier save and following a slight variation of the events also eneded in a game breaking error (not necessarily the same one), one of many examples is when I finished the first Yoga night I could not get out of the gym. I would strongly recommend that DarkCokkie stops development and take some time out to make root and branch revisions to the code (possibly with help from an expert programmer) to eradicate the many logic errors that appear to exist. Sorry to be harsh about what is otherwise a great game.
I haven't tried to play the game without the cheats maybe that will help.
This never happened in the older versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew david irving
Mar 28, 2018
Hi dariop, yes you are correct I guess for completeness I should repeat each play through without using cheats ... sigh... later this week maybe and start with the DarkCookie guide ... However, I suspect many players use the cheats, in which case the software still needs a major revision imo ....

Edit: thinking about it doing a DarkCokkie guide play through with no cheats will not work ... the problem is that you have to work on and complete one characters path at a time, Jenny, then Debbie, then Diane ... etc to avoid known bugs ... but you run into problems immediately on the Jenny path because you need to get many pairs of used panties from different characters which only become available after a given amount of the 'other' characters path has been completed, i.e. you MUST play several characters paths simultaneously - which contradicts the ways that the presently available guides have been written ...

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018
is there a way to reset the achievements. I assumed deleting all files related to Summertime saga would do it but alas it has not. I reset the cookie jar, deleted the game files and the files in user/appdata/roaming/renpy; restarted the computer did a fresh download and previously earned achievements are still there
try deleting all saves and the persistant data or uninstall the game from your computer and delete from the recycling bin, then redownload

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Well, it is difficult to find relevant and new bugs if people keep repeating already fixed ones (stuck in gym after Yoga for example) over and over and over and over... sometimes up to three to four times per page although someone already mentioned that it's fixed one or two pages back. It also drowns out people like srksrk 68 for example, who mentions his mod fixes the issue you suffered from (the last time here).
It is also worthless to report a bug, without telling which game version and which Operating System was used.

rdblev

Mar 16, 2018
Numerous code errors and game must be restarted after each upgrade. During my (at least) 5th attempt to play from the beginning I found yet another can't continue situation: When taking the pie from my mother to my aunt she is not in the shed and once you enter there is no way out. That is when I decided to delete this error filled mess. It is a shame no attention is being given to correcting the numerous coding errors because it is a great game in every other way.

Reactions: dylan123

FR915

Aug 24, 2019
hopefully there will never bee ntr in this game
It just doesn't seem to be that kind of game.
MC doesn't need any NTR. He's getting enough as it is, more than enough.
that is true
Knowing the way DC usually works probably not, at least nothing that would satisfy those who like NTR.
No one imagined that there would be a trap in this game ... and there it is.
The developer is slowly trying to please as many audiences as possible.
It all started with ethnic (common) fetishes: Okita (Asian), Ms Ross (Brazilian).
Then religiosity: Helen, Angelica.
After that, unusual fetishes have started to be implanted:
Granny (Roz), Trap (Eve).
Sorry guys, but NTR is simply destined for this game.
It would simply be epic if there were NTR with Sara. But maybe they start with Annie's mom.

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes