Wonka_Willy

Formerly 'Kaneki12'
Nov 5, 2018
Its only a small update ,a secret one just to pass time.The big one is still in the making,so please,stop whining about it
oh yes it's true it's 2019 its forbidden to complain sorry :) so I modify what I said : I pay to support a project and receive small updates its so amazing !!! keep going your job is "incredible" and dont forget to take all the time you want of course :)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
oh yes it's true it's 2019 its forbidden to complain sorry :) so I modify what I said : I pay to support a project and receive small updates its so amazing !!! keep going your job is "incredible" and dont forget to take all the time you want of course :)
Complaining is certainly fine, but complaining about an unannounced, additional surprise update beeing too short (destpite it still beeing bigger than full updates of some other games and bigger than most other christmas updates) is a bit besides the point.

darker246

Jul 24, 2018
I never understood why the hell we can't just continue saves from previous versions, every single Ren Py game has that feature, yet this one, the most popular one, does not... why? Then we are stuck with mess of saves and all of us have character named Anon for fuck sakes.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I never understood why the hell we can't just continue saves from previous versions, every single Ren Py game has that feature, yet this one, the most popular one, does not... why? Then we are stuck with mess of saves and all of us have character named Anon for fuck sakes.
Hm? But you can continue your old saves now? I did use my 0.19.1 save for this update and it worked without issues.

That said, I have no idea how well that system already works in general but I did not get any bugs I noticed while playing the new content.

darker246

Jul 24, 2018
Hm? But you can continue your old saves now? I did use my 0.19.1 save for this update and it worked without issues.

That said, I have no idea how well that system already works in general but I did not get any bugs I noticed while playing the new content.
yeah now, but what about past 2 years? you always had to play everything from beggining, not a problem when there is not a lot of content but now? i have to play everything from 0 if i want clean game? that sucks

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AngelAIGS

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Is there a confirmation from darkcookie that he will make new sex scenes with debbie in next update??
Very likely not, since the update won't be really about her and since she wasn't mentioned in the poll. 0.20.x as a whole is going to be about Maria, the daughter of the car dealer, the bank teller, possibly the mafia boss' daughter and the Rump family (Iwanka and Melonia).

yeah now, but what about past 2 years? you always had to play everything from beggining, not a problem when there is not a lot of content but now? i have to play everything from 0 if i want clean game? that sucks
Well, it's not like you need the old content at the moment. So you may just ignore it until they either renew it (Debbie, Mia, Erik, etc.) or until you feel like playing again. Sure, playing the whole game again is an issue, but it's not like anybody forces you. For the current update you won't have to touch any other story, just like with most updates before.

Last edited:

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
Very likely not, since the update won't be really about her and since she wasn't mentioned in the poll. 0.20.x as a whole is going to be about Maria, the daughter of the car dealer, the bank teller, possibly the mafia boss' daughter and the Rump family (Iwanka and Melonia).
What a shame.

Enearde

Nov 8, 2016
I admit that incompatible saves are a pain but at least none of the new content was really gated behind some other routes. You've always been able to just choose what part you wanted to focus on and go straight for it. While it's annoying to basically need to grind the stats everytime, it's not like you had to skip through 3h of already seen content to get where you wanted to be.

Reactions: AngelAIGS

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
People complained when there wasn't save compatibility, now people are complaining when there is save compatibility?

o_O

Cigarettes

Aug 12, 2019
It kinda stuck after i focusing on the anime girl, kinda stuck when i need to visit her house about the motorcycle.

Any comment?

darker246

Jul 24, 2018
People complained when there wasn't save compatibility, now people are complaining when there is save compatibility?

o_O
dude there is save compatibility from 19.0 to 19.5?? i played the whole game from 0 to i thin 17.5, and now i have to do it again and it is unclear wheter when version 20 something comes that it will be compatible with 19.5 for example, you know what i mean???

Well, it's not like you need the old content at the moment. So you may just ignore it until they either renew it (Debbie, Mia, Erik, etc.) or until you feel like playing again. Sure, playing the whole game again is an issue, but it's not like anybody forces you. For the current update you won't have to touch any other story, just like with most updates before.
I admit that incompatible saves are a pain but at least none of the new content was really gated behind some other routes. You've always been able to just choose what part you wanted to focus on and go straight for it. While it's annoying to basically need to grind the stats everytime, it's not like you had to skip through 3h of already seen content to get where you wanted to be.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
dude there is save compatibility from 19.0 to 19.5?? i played the whole game from 0 to i thin 17.5, and now i have to do it again and it is unclear wheter when version 20 something comes that it will be compatible with 19.5 for example, you know what i mean???
Read the Patreon post, there is experimental save compatibility for all versions going forward since 0.19.

Reactions: scarfer

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
..and it is unclear wheter when version 20 something comes that it will be compatible with 19.5 for example
Nah, that's not unclear. Unless something unexpected happens, saves will continue to work from 0.19.0 onwards to the following updates. So your current save will work in 0.20 and so on. At least that's what has been announced.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes