antediluvian

Dec 29, 2019
When you "install" it that way, do you not immediately see it's wrong? Or do parts of the mod work even so?
Yes and no -- having actually run the mod now, I can definitely tell the difference. Having never run the mod before and having never run vanilla before, I had no idea what was supposed to be different, since I completely missed the part about the breathing and blinking features. That's actually what clued me in: once I read that part of the readme, I sort of did a double take, thinking... "Huh? I never saw anyone breathing or blinking..."

Then I gave myself an open palm smack to the forehead for good measure.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yes and no -- having actually run the mod now, I can definitely tell the difference. Having never run the mod before and having never run vanilla before, I had no idea what was supposed to be different, since I completely missed the part about the breathing and blinking features. That's actually what clued me in: once I read that part of the readme, I sort of did a double take, thinking... "Huh? I never saw anyone breathing or blinking..."

Then I gave myself an open palm smack to the forehead for good measure.
Well you should check out the cookie jar then, to see what else you missed ;)

Edit: Out of curiosity I just checked for myself. Putting the mod into the root directory will do nothing mod-wise. So you definitly missed everything so far. Would be worth checking again to see the difference! Grab the most recent version while you are at it, it's fixing a nasty memory issue.

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
We were at 46% and got a surprise update. So why not being optimistic?
Simplest way to answer it is that I'm being realistic. Game development is not so simple as "We're done 50/100 tasks and are therefore 50% complete the game." To put it into simple terms game development is a series of pipes that are constantly jamming up and causing other pipes to get stopped up as a result. One mistake in one category delays progress in all of the others, one bug in another category can cause huge setbacks in others requiring massive amounts of work to be redone. Game development is a complex and uncooperative beast that you can never assign an actual completion percentage to. Even completed games are never 100% of the intended product.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Simplest way to answer it is that I'm being realistic. Game development is not so simple as "We're done 50/100 tasks and are therefore 50% complete the game." To put it into simple terms game development is a series of pipes that are constantly jamming up and causing other pipes to get stopped up as a result. One mistake in one category delays progress in all of the others, one bug in another category can cause huge setbacks in others requiring massive amounts of work to be redone. Game development is a complex and uncooperative beast that you can never assign an actual completion percentage to. Even completed games are never 100% of the intended product.
The analogy never felt like it worked to me.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
In case of SS the whole development cycle is somewhat different anyway, because ultimately everything is limited by DC's ability to draw and the amounts of art he manages to produce. In the end that's what everything is scaled up to. Since he basically doesn't do anything else but drawing, the amount of art he creates per year (or per what ever time frame one likes) will decide the amount of content we get. Sure, coding, posing, bug fixing, etc. may delay single updates for a few weeks, but in the time his team is fixing stuff, he's already working on the next update, so effectively there's no time lost on that broader scale. If, for example, DC needs another 3 years to draw the art to "finish" the game, the game will be done in 3 years (+ 2/3/4 weeks to wrap up that last update), no matter what the coders, etc. do in the meantime. So it doesn't really matter what happens as long as DC is actually drawing.

Last edited:

doozer

Jun 30, 2018
Does anyone know if savegames will work after ver. 19.5? That is, if a new game is needed again when the next version goes live (after 19.5). I know they are working on some features so a new game will not be needed for every version, just not sure if it is working now.

Feb 5, 2018
I downloaded latest version 19.5 for android but it keep crashing after several minutes, already give permission to storage for the game, anyone can help me to fix the force close ??

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I downloaded latest version 19.5 for android but it keep crashing after several minutes, already give permission to storage for the game, anyone can help me to fix the force close ??
Some details would be really helpful, you think not? How many minutes before the crash, are all saves affected, what error message is given, are mods installed, what Android version, what device...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Does anyone know if savegames will work after ver. 19.5? That is, if a new game is needed again when the next version goes live (after 19.5). I know they are working on some features so a new game will not be needed for every version, just not sure if it is working now.
Saves from 0.19.1 are already supposed to work in 0.19.5.

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Wow that's embarrassing, this is one of my absolute favorite games and I checked to see if I already had the latest version which I didnt. I did however realize that I only had 18.6 which means that not only have I not finished 18.6 but I have also missed something like 3 more releases since then. Looks like im in for a lot more new content to me besides just Conseula.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes