D

Deleted member 50519

Anyone able to see/have posted the most recent patreon post?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Will these improved designs be available at 0.20? I'm tired of seeing DC rework them and they never make into the game.

The lifeguard looks hotter, we need more than a poorly animated gloryhole bj.
You might want to try my mod (see signature), which does exactly that ;)

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
At this point people aren't even criticizing the game or the way dc is doing things, they are just complaining that DC is making money developing the game, which is pretty dumb.
I know. If someone says they hate the art and the story is dumb, at least they are talking about the game itself, instead of venting their envy for DC doing well on us.

• Angry
Reactions: dnzieg

X0M3!

Nov 13, 2019
Most people venting on DC because of his Kickstarter/Game Studio/Early Access Beta like mentality. He has 5 employee, shit ton of cash now, still the progress doesn't match the result or deadline. Seriously who is pledging for this shit anymore, answer: There is a lot of dumb horny people with plenty of cash around the world. If people in other sectors can scam billions of dollars illegally then DC can get away with few million easily from horny people. Game started with good intention & quality and now it is just became another point & click "adult adventure" game.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Most people venting on DC because of his Kickstarter/Game Studio/Early Access Beta like mentality. He has 5 employee, shit ton of cash now, still the progress doesn't match the result or deadline. Seriously who is pledging for this shit anymore, answer: There is a lot of dumb horny people with plenty of cash around the world. If people in other sectors can scam billions of dollars illegally then DC can get away with few million easily from horny people. Game started with good intention & quality and now it is just became another point & click "adult adventure" game.
The game is 100% free. Patreon and therefore sending DC Money is optional since day 1 and the first release of and early build with literally nothing to do then walking around the house. So everything you said is invalid and makes no sense.

If you wanna discuss something about the game feel free to do so. But if you dislike that DC is making money for giving you a FREE GAME i suggest you simply ignore the game and the thread.

MC's Hammer

Apr 23, 2018
Game started with good intention & quality and now it is just became another point & click "adult adventure" game.
Imagine if DC implemented racial abilities, co-op support, and legendary items as loot from the maze minigame on the computer? I think the PVP elements are a bit lacking as well. It seems like Dexter is the only real boss in the game. The next update should include more action, which is a good sign that DC has a plan. MC uses stealth quite a bit. I wish there was a trainable sneak skill, like in Skyrim. It just sucks because he gets caught with his dick out at half of the should-be skill checks.

DC should just scrap it and make it an MMORPG in my opinion. There's so little sexual content that the it won't really be missed, and DC can focus on what truly makes the game great.. the pizza delivery minigame and fishing.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The game is 100% free. Patreon and therefore sending DC Money is optional since day 1 and the first release of and early build with literally nothing to do then walking around the house. So everything you said is invalid and makes no sense.

If you wanna discuss something about the game feel free to do so. But if you dislike that DC is making money for giving you a FREE GAME i suggest you simply ignore the game and the thread.
I think you're in the wrong thread.
the only thing which could make Nadya more perfect would be her smoking a cigarette.
No. Smoking is a filthy, digusting habit that's about as erotic to me as a festering turd is to a germophobe.

X0M3!

Nov 13, 2019
The game is 100% free.
Nothing is free. Without piracy/share you have to wait 24HR which worst than steam DRM games(most of which gets cracked within few hours). The point wasn't its "free" or he is making too much money, its the deception I was referring to. Yes its free after 24HR but is the content now worth 4+ months wait & $300k+ & 2 part? Streaming 2hr long tit drawing process doesn't make DC immutable from criticism.
Also isn't it suspicious that bugs were ~96/200 24hrs ago now its 90/129 bugs Fixed, I guess ranting did work & v20 will be released this Sunday(likely).

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Nothing is free. Without piracy/share you have to wait 24HR which worst than steam DRM games(most of which gets cracked within few hours). The point wasn't its "free" or he is making too much money, its the deception I was referring to. Yes its free after 24HR but is the content now worth 4+ months wait & $300k+ & 2 part? Streaming 2hr long tit drawing process doesn't make DC immutable from criticism.
Also isn't it suspicious that bugs were ~96/200 24hrs ago now its 90/129 bugs Fixed, I guess ranting did work & v20 will be released this Sunday(likely).
I dont get you man. Why do you even care? It's a quality game, one you dont have to pay for. You say giving access to only those who support him for 24 measly hours is worse than Steam DRM games!? That is patently ridiculous. Just outright insane.

Then you flip your own argument and say okay it's free but the wait is too long and he makes too much money and splits the content up and you dont like it cuz bleagh!

Finally you quite false numbers and disregard being given a specific reason for the change.

I can't argue against any of this. Mostly because to do so, your position would have to be based on a foundation. You're flip-flopping and using false information as well as hyperbole and logical fallacy.

Truth is, Summertime Saga has done amazingly well because of the consistent and continued improvement of literally every aspect of the project. The artwork is continuously worked on and improved. The code started as the work of an amateur and is now done by professionals. The updates started very close together, but as the project scope and quality has increased, so has the time needed to make updates marginally increased. All of this has been facilitated by the large amount of support from patrons.

No one said the man is immune from criticism, but name another dev in the same niche of the industry who maintains the level of transparency, consistency, quality and passion for their product, without taking long hiatus because they are "burnt out" or whatever. The man got sick and then had a kid. If those are things that you fault someone for, I pray you dont own a business or are in any position of management over people.

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
I think that this project has exhausted itself, I’m not really looking forward to it, and the characters put a lot of pressure on it, in short, in the furnace!
When the major plot thread is moving forward again... within a nice little town and its denizens largely in place? Plenty of room yet exists for story and shenanigans... we will see, though.

Reactions: SCynic

Mumumu1221

Mar 5, 2018
The Bug went from 173/213 to 89/123 because they took out bugs that was from the 19.5 update.

Reactions: PatreonTed
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes