piledriver1122

Jan 1, 2020
Can you have sex with multiple girls in 1 playthrough or is it the type of game where you do 1 path per play through?

Last edited:

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
This is nothing like DC style
If you say so. But there was a reddit meltdown that happened precisely because a lot of people did indeed mistook it for another hidden character from DC reserved for patreons. It isn't of course (and DC isn't hiding anything) but the fact many people got convinced is already proof.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Games with SteamDRM. Doesn't matter if its indie or AAA, if it will get cracked within few hours.

Frostpunk-AAA like title from Indie game studio, 2-3 years, 3D, great story & gameplay, Custom Game Engine, Top notch art, budget $3M.

That sounds cocky. Check Deviantart or svscomics. Most comic book follow same art style.

Could be
1. OT but SteamDRM is not the only DRM. Case closed.
2. 11 bit studio has 101 employees.
3. Doesn't matter how it sounds thats how DC wants it so thats not up for debate.
4. No thats what happend. Follow on discord if you want to know more. I don't work with could or maybe.

Before the mods strangle me i won't adress stuff OT anymore.

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
If you say so. But there was a reddit meltdown that happened precisely because a lot of people did indeed mistook it for another hidden character from DC reserved for patreons. It isn't of course (and DC isn't hiding anything) but the fact many people got convinced is already proof.
Than those people must be legally blind

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Proof of what? I am not saying no one can copy DC Art Style. We already had one who could do that but has 0 time for other projects and not for a time consuming one like SS. The point is those who apply didn't get his yes as it has not worked for him in the past.
And it doesn't matter what we think or the majority thinks about it. Its DC's decision and if he gets someone who can do it fine. But till thats happening we have to wait regardless how long it takes him.

We all would love faster updates but we all would start ranting the moment someone works for him and models look different. I know a potential rage issue when i see one.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Than those people must be legally blind
A bit mean, but alright then. In the end it doesn't matter since DC gets the final say anyway. I must say I respect DC's work etiquette tho, since he puts quality over quantity and I don't understand the hate in this comment section directed toward his refusal to hire more artists. The man cares for his game, clearly so let him be. He just wants to make sure his game is consistent is all.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I managed to find an artwork they posted of someone's OC illustrated in DC's style. Look at it and tell me me you dont get Summertime Sage vibes immediately xD.
Well, the guy who made it hangs out in the SS discord quite often and he said himself that he isn't good enough right now to be part of the team. He's currently working on two more "SS like" characters but said that he may be good and fast enough to apply next year or so. That's far as I recall it.
As mentioned many times, DC seems to be extremely picky in that regard and until now that someone who fulfills the professional and personal requirements hasn't applied.

Edit: I personally see the current situation as a given and have adjusted my pledge so it seems fair to me. I mean, it's been like this for 2 years by now and I would not expect it to change.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Proof of what? I am not saying no one can copy DC Art Style. We already had one who could do that but has 0 time for other projects and not for a time consuming one like SS. The point is those who apply didn't get his yes as it has not worked for him in the past.
And it doesn't matter what we think or the majority thinks about it. Its DC's decision and if he gets someone who can do it fine. But till thats happening we have to wait regardless how long it takes him.

We all would love faster updates but we all would start ranting the moment someone works for him and models look different. I know a potential rage issue when i see one.
I can't say I disagree, since they are a few games here I've played that hires different artists to work on the CGs and the difference in art style is sometimes very jarring. But in all fairness, even if you disagree about whether the fanart resembled DC's style or not, I must say that the difference isn't very jarring. There is clearly passion put into that in their attempt to replicate DC's work. Can it be improved? Certainly but credit is where credit is due is all.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Well, the guy who made it hangs out in the SS discord quite often and he said himself that he isn't good enough right now to be part of the team. He's currently working on two more "SS like" characters but said that he may be good and fast enough to apply next year or so. That's far as I recall it.
As mentioned many times, DC seems to be extremely picky in that regard and until now that someone who fulfills the professional and personal requirements hasn't applied.
You're right, I found his convo and he does indeed admit he isn't good enough and will continue to work on his art. But I'm just saying he has potential. I don't want to shoot him down completely.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
Just because a bunch of idiots lost their shit over it on Reddit does not change the fact it looks nothing like DC art style

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You're right, I found his convo and he does indeed admit he isn't good enough and will continue to work on his art. But I'm just saying he has potential. I don't want to shoot him down completely.
Yeah, I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who could copy DC's style sufficiently and that character would certainly be fine with some refinements in the linework, a little modified shading and a new right foot. But in some way that's the point, DC doesn't want to spend the time to correct those things. Two artists simply seems to be a pretty bad compromise, especially if they aren't sitting the in the same room. To me it's either one artist or three to four or more. In those latter cases you can have someone who reviews everything from those who draw and who does the proper artistic coordination, so everything is consistent. But that's probably just a hunch of mine and I'm pretty sure that coordination is exctly the kind of work DC doesn't want to do. I mean, if you set out to create your own game, you probably don't want to end up solely correcting other people working on it.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who could copy DC's style sufficiently and that character would certainly be fine with some refinements in the linework, a little modified shading and a new right foot. But in some way that's the point, DC doesn't want to spend the time to correct those things. Two artists simply seems to be a pretty bad compromise, especially if they aren't sitting the in the same room. To me it's either one artist or three to four or more. In those latter cases you can have someone who reviews everything from those who draw and who does the proper artistic coordination, so everything is consistent. But that's probably just a hunch of mine and I'm pretty sure that coordination is exctly the kind of work DC doesn't want to do. I mean, if you set out to create your own game, you probably don't want to end up solely correcting other people working on it.
Yeah I think DC is a hands-on type of person and he doesn't want to direct art, he wants to make it himself. Which is unavoidable since he was the one who provided all the art up until now. But its also a pity, because if he had more artists under his wing, like how cartoon, manga and anime studios work, SS progress would be much more efficient. Its just too bad he literally cannot afford to do that.

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
Says the pirate.
It's foolish to give your money to this games, because there is more incentive to not finish the game, they absolutely make more money like this, than they would if the game was done and people just bought it. Because this way it's like people are buying your game again every month.

I will absolutely buy this game when/if it's ever done? But I have no problem with Pirating it now.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
It's foolish to give your money to this games, because there is more incentive to not finish the game, they absolutely make more money like this, than they would if the game was done and people just bought it. Because this way it's like people are buying your game again every month.

I will absolutely buy this game when/if it's ever done? But I have no problem with Pirating it now.
As this game is free since day one and DC already said he will never sell it after its done as that would make no sense since its FREE. I wish you good luck in buying this game anywhere while the entire world downloads it for free anyway from DC Website or this one :)

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017

How do you pirate something that's free? All the money DC is getting from donations now is all the money he' ever going to make. Not to mention the sum isnt all that much when you split it 7 ways + tax from patreon. The game will be released completely free once its complete, so there is no pricetag for you to pay to justify anything.

Reactions: 401Grem

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But its also a pity, because if he had more artists under his wing, like how cartoon, manga and anime studios work, SS progress would be much more efficient.
I agree. I remember when he said ages ago in one of his drunk streams that he really wouldn't want to die anytime soon because he's got so many game ideas he wants to try after SS. I'd love to see things progress faster and I'm pretty sure that his next game(s) would be successful, too. But then again, I kind of respect the way he does things and as long as I feel he's doing his work, I'm certainly willing to toss in a buck or so a month as token of appreciation.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes