Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
What about the incest patch btw ? Is someone still doing it ? Last time I read about it, there was some issues for making it because of some technical changes in the game (1 to 3 updates ago from what I remember).

Ragingrager

Jan 27, 2018
Not going to lie, I laugh how long it takes the programmer to finish his part of the job for something that is effectively a visual novel. Programming should never be the bottleneck for something this simple. It happens everytime to.

Reactions: BigSexy57

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Not going to lie, I laugh how long it takes the programmer to finish his part of the job for something that is effectively a visual novel. Programming should never be the bottleneck for something this simple. It happens everytime to.
Depending on how they set their work flow up, they could done with most of the programming before the art is done. I'd love a peak under the hood at how they do things. I know in the past they said the part of the problem is old code that's the dickens to clean up and that they've been ignoring. Supposedly some of that is cleared up now though.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
The only thing I can think of and that's me being selfish, is have him restore incest to the game and get off Patreon because it's holding him back creatively. It's the reason the game got popular in the first place and has a direct impact on the story as well as the reason the Aunt Diane and Jenny updates were bad story updates generally speaking.
Patreon was very clear to DC. If he puts it in the game, makes a patch or otherwise endorse it or makes it avaliable by his company or employees or anyont officially associated with him he is instantly banned. There is 0 Tolerance on Patreons side. DC said if it ever comes to the point they think of something else to shut him down we all should not worry according to him cause he has a backup plan if that ever happens. Yet he never mentioned what that plan actually is.
Probably includes a somalian pirate.....

I can't remember which engine it was before Renpy but the game was original made in 2016 by DC alone for him to actually learn how to code anything. If we take that into account it must have been a nightmare for someone who actually can code to watch at that and fix that stuff without losing everything in the process.
Like my lector when i send a book script in and she has to fix all my errors............

Depending on how they set their work flow up, they could done with most of the programming before the art is done. I'd love a peak under the hood at how they do things. I know in the past they said the part of the problem is old code that's the dickens to clean up and that they've been ignoring. Supposedly some of that is cleared up now though.
As far as i know the old code got mostly cleaned up by now but it was quite a problem as you said they ignored it for a very long time till it got to the point of "we can't ignore it any longer"

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I don't think it's a visual novel. There's currently eight (mostly) separate paths with quests and mini-games.

Reactions: sogetthis

MeatMarble

Jan 13, 2018
Is the update coming out on the 02/5/2020? (Today) or don't we know? I don't have access to the "0.20 Bug Fixing" patreon post, can someone explain what it says in there please.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
From stream yesterday. Still think it looks amazing.
Just do add, he did it as a kind of mini tutorial the last ~30 min of the stream, where he explained how and why he uses certain techniques. It's still available on for a few days.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Just do add, he did it as a kind of mini tutorial the last ~30 min of the stream, where he explained how and why he uses certain techniques. It's still available on for a few days.
Yeah i totally forgot about that you can rewatch it xD

V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
Dude, it’s time for the moderator to take a look at this, all the time about how much the dev earns,
there is a lot of pollution here,
nor to look at the other posts saying exactly the same thing as them.
This is no longer a discussion, it is a pain in the ass.

Reactions: WSmith

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Dude, it’s time for the moderator to take a look at this, all the time about how much the dev earns,
there is a lot of pollution here,
nor to look at the other posts saying exactly the same thing as them.
This is no longer a discussion, it is a pain in the ass.
As someone whose had multiple posts deleted for various reasons in this thread very recently, I can assure you, the mods look at this thread on the regular.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
No. There is plenty of differences with DC art style, but just to point one : the line art is always the same width, which is not the case in DC art. Just stop thinking you have the same eye as an experienced artist like DC, or even an experienced amateur like some of us here.
I don't think anyone (myself included) is saying that DC should just hire this guy immediately or that his work is a perfect DC replica. What I'm saying, is that he has potential since he already has a good basis and idea of what DC's style is like. Dissing my judgment of his work is pointless when DC himself already likes his work but doesn't want to hire him because he isn't consistent by DC's standards.

Now I feel painfully tempted to just contact the guy on discord and get a screenshot of their convo with DC as proof.

Reactions: Keitaro420

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I don't think anyone (myself included) is saying that DC should just hire this guy immediately or that his work is a perfect DC replica. What I'm saying, is that he has potential since he already has a good basis and idea of what DC's style is like. Dissing my judgment of his work is pointless when DC himself already likes his work but doesn't want to hire him because he isn't consistent by DC's standards.

Now I feel painfully tempted to just contact the guy on discord and get a screenshot of their convo with DC as proof.
The subject is off topic.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes