j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But its also a pity, because if he had more artists under his wing, like how cartoon, manga and anime studios work, SS progress would be much more efficient.
I agree. I remember when he said ages ago in one of his drunk streams that he really wouldn't want to die anytime soon because he's got so many game ideas he wants to try after SS. I'd love to see things progress faster and I'm pretty sure that his next game(s) would be successful, too. But then again, I kind of respect the way he does things and as long as I feel he's doing his work, I'm certainly willing to toss in a buck or so a month as token of appreciation.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I managed to find an artwork they posted of someone's OC illustrated in DC's style. Look at it and tell me me you dont get Summertime Sage vibes immediately xD.
This actually looks like the art of the artist they tried a while back. DC said he liked the guy's work, but DC was doing enough work to "fix" his stuff that it didn't end up being worth it keeping him on.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I managed to find an artwork they posted of someone's OC illustrated in DC's style. Look at it and tell me me you dont get Summertime Sage vibes immediately xD.
No. There is plenty of differences with DC art style, but just to point one : the line art is always the same width, which is not the case in DC art. Just stop thinking you have the same eye as an experienced artist like DC, or even an experienced amateur like some of us here.

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
As this game is free since day one and DC already said he will never sell it after its done as that would make no sense since its FREE. I wish you good luck in buying this game anywhere while the entire world downloads it for free anyway from DC Website or this one :)
I'll sell it to him. 60 bucks. Come up off that cash, bruh.

• Haha
Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
I may not be as hyped for this game as I once was since they kind of botched the 'family' story line (Jenny and Aunt Diane were my favorite characters and their updates were extremely underwhelming), but DC is one of the best devs out there.

Like it or hate it that's just a fact:

1. He sort of sticks to the general plan and doesn't make up any stupid excuses like 'mental fatigue' or they have to revamp the whole engine and start again from the beginning etc when they start making decent money.

2. He also streams regularly which is another thing that separates him from the bad lot.

3. The update bar on the game also gets updated regularly unlike some other games that have been stuck for a couple of months (looking at you ICSTOR).

4. He has managed to actually form a studio and hire people to work on the game. When he started he was entirely on his own.

5. He has managed to keep a certain level of quality in every game update. Every update has been consistently 'good'. No update ever gave me the general feeling of it being bad unlike many other games.

6. Players get to vote on which characters get updates. Some devs do this, some don't but it's still a plus.

Also, the man just had another baby, the fact that he managed to stick to the plan despite that deserves praise on its own.

Give him a break.

Last edited:

KillerKlown

Aug 19, 2018
I may not be as hyped for this game as I once was since they kind of botched the 'family' story line (Jenny and Aunt Diane were my favorite characters and their updates were extremely underwhelming), but DC is one of the best devs out there.
He isn't, but he has a good art style, even if he doesn't update that often you are right the updates are actually good and fleshed out, and he does actually respond to fans.

I think that's the problem: people get too defensive over the word "milking" when it's done to a creator. But he is a milker! What he isn't, like so many creators, is a gritter or overly ambitious/naive. He didn't and won't do two more updates, than just make patreon posts for two years and get a paycheck. He wasn't someone who came in with good intentions but between sloth, overreaching, and a lack of dispiline, put himself in a corner or break his own game so badly it would take a year to self correct.

He is successfully making a quality game, even if he probably is doing it at a damned lesiurable pace. I think for his own sake, because eventually this game is going to come to end and by then he might get bored/burnt out of making games, pick it up a bit or hire more part timers to get the best of both worlds: but he actually is fucking making this game. Unless something terrible happens, it will be finished and people will be playing it for a while.

Reactions: caspian90

HSarajevo

Jun 5, 2017
So you all think that it will happen like in early versions of the game, where the old saves would work just fine or, it will be like in more recent upgrades where we had to star all over again?

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
He isn't, but he has a good art style, even if he doesn't update that often you are right the updates are actually good and fleshed out, and he does actually respond to fans.

I think that's the problem: people get too defensive over the word "milking" when it's done to a creator. But he is a milker! What he isn't, like so many creators, is a gritter or overly ambitious/naive. He didn't and won't do two more updates, than just make patreon posts for two years and get a paycheck. He wasn't someone who came in with good intentions but between sloth, overreaching, and a lack of dispiline, put himself in a corner or break his own game so badly it would take a year to self correct.

He is successfully making a quality game, even if he probably is doing it at a damned lesiurable pace. I think for his own sake, because eventually this game is going to come to end and by then he might get bored/burnt out of making games, pick it up a bit or hire more part timers to get the best of both worlds: but he actually is fucking making this game. Unless something terrible happens, it will be finished and people will be playing it for a while.
What would you have him do differently or improve upon? What would it take for your to see him as a good dev and not milking?

The only thing I can think of and that's me being selfish, is have him restore incest to the game and get off Patreon because it's holding him back creatively. It's the reason the game got popular in the first place and has a direct impact on the story as well as the reason the Aunt Diane and Jenny updates were bad story updates generally speaking.

But I know that that's a very risky move on his part and he won't do it, which is why I stopped supporting him in the first place.

Even if I don't like the direction the game is heading I can admit that he is a really good dev imo.

Reactions: j4yj4m
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes