rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
Last but not least, I personally try to avoid replaying stories as much as possible, because the experience gets, by default, worse every replay. And I guess that's how most people feel, especially those who play it as a normal game and aren't as enthusiastic about it.
I was a patron for 3 years and enjoyed my experience. DC and his whole team are really great people. I just realized that the only story I replay every time is Debbie's story and I check out the new story and that's it and with Debbie's art update being most likely years away (there seems to be a backlash against updating older stuff), I knew it was my time to duck out.

I have replayed the entire story once or twice and I agree with you. It does lose something on the second and third time.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
... with Debbie's art update being most likely years away (there seems to be a backlash against updating older stuff)...
Yeah, Diane and Jenny really weren't the most popular updates and it was probably right to not continue reworking things for some time at that point. I'd personally hope the next poll will only include Judith, Debbie, Mia and Erik, so there's a good chance to either get an important rework or the last schoolgirl.

But yes, Debbie's update will indeed be painful. She's got a lot of content and basically all of her scenes (except for the threesome) are so old that they'll have to be replaced. So it'll be a huge update with, apart from her pregnancy, likely very little new content. Of course many thnigs will be changed, but just as in Jenny's and Diane's case, it won't feel new.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah, Diane and Jenny really weren't the most popular updates and it was probably right to not continue reworking things for some time at that point. I'd personally hope the next poll will only include Judith, Debbie, Mia and Erik, so there's a good chance to either get an important rework or the last schoolgirl.

But yes, Debbie's update will indeed be painful. She's got a lot of content and basically all of her scenes (except for the threesome) are so old that they'll have to be replaced. So it'll be a huge update with, apart from her pregnancy, likely very little new content. Of course many thnigs will be changed, but just as in Jenny's and Diane's case, it won't feel new.
True. But as painful as it may be for some people. I think would be better to do it sooner rather than later.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
True. But as painful as it may be for some people. I think would be better to do it sooner rather than later.
I'm somewhere in the middle. I think it was right to stop the art reworks for some time to get some fresh content. At least I was happy to not have another rework after Jenny's content was done. But I would have thought they'd connect the main story and Debbie a little further, so at least the early stages of her story, maybe until MC visits the mall with her or so, would have been done along with 0.20.0. I see now why they didn't do it, but it wasn't that obvious to me before.
But yes, a rework for 0.23.0 would proably be good... be then again, so would be Judith... :unsure:

DarkSamurai84

Oct 16, 2017
^ How do you fuck yourself like that ? Roxxy asks you for tests, house unlocks, you go there at night, grab the paper, go sleep, go to school the next day, talk to Roxxy, quest completed ..............

You can't go into her house before Roxxy asks you for it and there's nothing to do if you go back once the quest is done
Old Save. Also, I said that I went into the house AFTER I got the request.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
My understanding is that the issue comes from Erik's storyline, which would need to be updated in order to preserve save compatibility.

And well, no one is voting for it.
This is my only gripe with DC as a developer. He should put his big boy pants on and just insist on implementing this, regardless of fan voting.

Complaints about how much money he rakes in per month frankly have no standing imo unless they are coming from Patrons, and at that you have to ask yourself the question of if you're irked by this why are you still financially supporting him. So it's something of a reap-sow situation. But the save compatibility thing has affected every player of this game who has played across more than one update for like 3+ years at this point.

Persian0

Jan 17, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 112, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 15, in __init__
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'debug'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/systems/logger.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "G:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.0
Fri May 08 21:47:19 2020
any solution ?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Man I've been following this game for 3 years waiting for some judith content. At this point I am not even sure if she will ever have her own update.
Yeah, but I felt the same about Ronda and yet, it'll happen sooner than later. The upside is that DC really seems to have his shit together in life and the chance, that he won't finish the game in a way that's acceptable, is pretty slim in my opinion.

This is my only gripe with DC as a developer. He should put his big boy pants on and just insist on implementing this, regardless of fan voting.

Complaints about how much money he rakes in per month frankly have no standing imo unless they are coming from Patrons, and at that you have to ask yourself the question of if you're irked by this why are you still financially supporting him. So it's something of a reap-sow situation. But the save compatibility thing has affected every player of this game who has played across more than one update for like 3+ years at this point.
I think the information about Erik is already old. As far as I'm aware Dogeek redid these parts below the hood so it's not necessary to rework Erik's part just for the saves. Which is also why that topic wasn't included in any recent poll anymore. Having said that, there still seem to be issues, but the fact alone that old saves already work in principle right now is at least something. But yeah, it's indeed true that they really should care for it even more, so it works properly more or less every update for the vast majority.

(edit) Just to add: I actually tried my old 0.19.5. save and it worked properly, resetting the main part of the story to when harold visits the house to inform Debbie. But as far as things go the system still seems to cause a lot of bugs within these old saves. I haven't really played that much further, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greasy Handcock

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

I agree. Giving the fans the ability to vote for updates is good. But issues like this should take priority. More so when you have a game with different paths.

Rex72

Aug 5, 2018
What the hell have DC done!!! Let the past be. Stop screwing with the "done" parts of the story and for F--- sake stop making us re do the whole bloody story with non working saves! The story was fine till 19.5 all you had to do to add stuff was to make them later occurring events, not that hard to figure out! And what the heck is with the random f-ing Russian mobster stealing mc´s money time after time? I am very disappointed in this so called update! Take it back now, remove everything you changed after 19.5 and then ADD events in as a later happening thing. Lock the past and leave it ALONE!!!!! And another thing, loose the mob fixation and give back the options for rides for delivering the pizzas, the car is to f-ing fast. Version 20.0 is garbage, remove it from the game, NO improvement has occurred what so ever. DC, you have failed and let us all down!!!

TheMilkMan

Sep 7, 2017
Anyone else ran into a similar bug? A few days ago I cranked this up and started playing. Following along nicely and got all the way up to building the barn, sleeping with Diane, and then I needed to interact with Annie for carpentering services. Well I went to talk to Annie but there was no special dialogue or scene, so I went to go back to the barn... but the barn was somehow back to the old house and Diane is back in the shed. No matter what I did I could no longer continue her path. Reloading a save did nothing. What the heck? So much time wasted...

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
No love for Roz, or Cassie the lifeguard?
Cassie will be with Rhonda in 0.21, aka 2022 at best

Judith as been in every poll ever, nobody voted for her, yet she's the most whined about for lack of content. Patreon logic at its best
Man I've been following this game for 3 years waiting for some judith content. At this point I am not even sure if she will ever have her own update.
See above
how i can unlock bank in the 20.1 version of the game ?
Progress main story until you get the pizza job. Tony will tell you to go dump your $
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/systems/logger.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "G:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.0
Fri May 08 21:47:19 2020
any solution ?
Stop trying to console hack your game
What the hell have DC done!!! Let the past be. Stop screwing with the "done" parts of the story and for F--- sake stop making us re do the whole bloody story with non working saves! The story was fine till 19.5 all you had to do to add stuff was to make them later occurring events, not that hard to figure out! And what the heck is with the random f-ing Russian mobster stealing mc´s money time after time? I am very disappointed in this so called update! Take it back now, remove everything you changed after 19.5 and then ADD events in as a later happening thing. Lock the past and leave it ALONE!!!!! And another thing, loose the mob fixation and give back the options for rides for delivering the pizzas, the car is to f-ing fast. Version 20.0 is garbage, remove it from the game, NO improvement has occurred what so ever. DC, you have failed and let us all down!!!
Dunno if serious or just pure mad, in any case : LOL
Anyone else ran into a similar bug? A few days ago I cranked this up and started playing. Following along nicely and got all the way up to building the barn, sleeping with Diane, and then I needed to interact with Annie for carpentering services. Well I went to talk to Annie but there was no special dialogue or scene, so I went to go back to the barn... but the barn was somehow back to the old house and Diane is back in the shed. No matter what I did I could no longer continue her path. Reloading a save did nothing. What the heck? So much time wasted...
If by some ungodly miracle you can get back to it, you talk to Annie at her house (the daycare), not in school. Unless you went there and the game said lolnope, in which case : restart and cringe or try 1 of the auto-saves earlier in the progress

Reactions: Greasy Handcock

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Judith as been in every poll ever, nobody voted for her, yet she's the most whined about for lack of content. Patreon logic at its best
DC did said himself that he would like to finish the schoolgirls sooner than later and in the end she'll be the last main girl without content at that point, so it's not even that unreasonable.

kidman325

Feb 12, 2018
Cassie will be with Rhonda in 0.21, aka 2022 at best

See above

Progress main story until you get the pizza job. Tony will tell you to go dump your $

Stop trying to console hack your game

Dunno if serious or just pure mad, in any case : LOL

If by some ungodly miracle you can get back to it, you talk to Annie at her house (the daycare), not in school. Unless you went there and the game said lolnope, in which case : restart and cringe or try 1 of the auto-saves earlier in the progress
you are my saver thank you for the help

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
Personally I think DC should stop the fan voting(especially the ones in the streams) and focus doing all the schools girls, finsh the reworks so all of art matches the current style and final implement the dating system.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes