j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Personally I think DC should stop the fan voting(especially the ones in the streams) and focus doing all the schools girls, finsh the reworks so all of art matches the current style and final implement the dating system.
Let's be honest, the polls mainly serve the purpose to make the patreons feel they actually have a real say. In the end DC is free to include the options he wants and that's what he did those last times. I mean, for 0.22 we only had Annie and Judith and with your suggestions he could easily make polls which include at least 5 to 7 options.

When it comes to picarto polls, they usually last a few minutes at best, are about things which aren't really important and he has quite a habbit to ignore them or decide something different later anyway, if a better idea comes along.

Having said all that, I actually agree that he should focus on most of these things. With polls or without.

Is it just me or the pizza topping is really hard??
I'd say it really depends on the device you are playing with. If you play with a mouse they are pretty easy, on a touchpad on the other hand it's a bit harder.

Last edited:

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
I feel like the game is worse than it was before. There's too much useless dialogue that make the pacing too slow.
the Russian scene dialogue is awful and is a drag

the daughter of the mob boss however seems promising and might be interesting

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You have to. The update is main story, so you'll need to restart the game. Just follow the main story and you'll find the new content.
You think for making 70k a month they could make they could put some effort into maintaining saves across update.
My understanding is that the issue comes from Erik's storyline, which would need to be updated in order to preserve save compatibility.

And well, no one is voting for it.
You do not have to restart. Why is everybody repeating that? Saves are compatible sinc 0.19.1. I myself loaded a save from 0.19.5 and the new story just kicked in, no issues. Yes, some other stories were reset (Debbie and Diane for instance) but that is because of some events in there are necessary for the main story.

You keep all your stats and all your money and all your progress of all the other stories. As I said, no issues so far.

edgyb

Sep 11, 2017
Hey guys, are the 20.0 saves are compatible with 20.1? I'm on linux right now so I'm just wondering how I can update it without corrupting the save files. Transferring /game/saves is giving me a warning message.

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
If you like it, it's fine, but generally it's just not a good argument. I mean, I'm the last one who will argue that replaying the first day is bad thing or can't be tolerated, but replaying hours of content to get certain elements of the game is a totally different matter. And as said, by now it's indeed about managing expectations.

As said twice now, DC wrote himself on patreon:
"Save file compatibility:
Moving onward with 0.19, we've implemented a savefile compatibility to help transition between future releases. It is in alpha, so it may have some kinks but it's a good step towards it."

And it's not like that's so unrealistic. I didn't try it myself, but quite a few people seemed to be able to actually play 0.20.0 just fine with their 0.19.5 savegames. The coding team simply should focus on their system now.

Last but not least, I personally try to avoid replaying stories as much as possible, because the experience gets, by default, worse every replay. And I guess that's how most people feel, especially those who play it as a normal game and aren't as enthusiastic about it.
stop being so reasonable and giving all this valid criticism

Reactions: Badjourasmix

Chronozek

May 8, 2020
Erm does this game have a problem with andriod cause its stuck at the start and won't go ahead to main menu or something

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Hey guys, are the 20.0 saves are compatible with 20.1? I'm on linux right now so I'm just wondering how I can update it without corrupting the save files. Transferring /game/saves is giving me a warning message.
Can't say much for Linux, but on PCmasterrace, you just load your save as if nothing happened and the game will either let you do it/laugh at you/crash and burn .....

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, Diane and Jenny really weren't the most popular updates and it was probably right to not continue reworking things for some time at that point. I'd personally hope the next poll will only include Judith, Debbie, Mia and Erik, so there's a good chance to either get an important rework or the last schoolgirl.

But yes, Debbie's update will indeed be painful. She's got a lot of content and basically all of her scenes (except for the threesome) are so old that they'll have to be replaced. So it'll be a huge update with, apart from her pregnancy, likely very little new content. Of course many thnigs will be changed, but just as in Jenny's and Diane's case, it won't feel new.
Diane's update in .18 wasn't my favorite. I enjoyed Jenny's update, but she's not even close to my favorite character and that didn't change with her update.

The last time I talked to DC before I stopped being a patron, he said that a Debbie re-work would only be a half update, but I agree with you. I think it will be a full update. It's just a lot of art work to conquer and pregnancy to boot. I think Roxy's and Debbie's are definitely the best stories IMO. I play Debbie's every time and I love it every time (although it was better with the incest dialogue, IMO). I know Eve's is super popular, but I wasn't a huge fan. Grace was my favorite in the story and there just wasn't enough of her.

For me Debbie's rework update won't be painful, it will be awesome. What's painful for me, is playing .20 and watching Debbie's new artwork and then it changing to the old artwork. It's very jarring for me.

Reactions: Greasy Handcock

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 112, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 15, in __init__
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'debug'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/systems/logger.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "G:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 112, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 15, in __init__
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'debug'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.0
Fri May 08 21:47:19 2020
any solution ?
I bet you played 0.20.1 with debug mode on, and now you get this when running 0.19.5 with debug mode on. They did some incompatible changes and now you cannot go back. You can try to disable debug mode in 0.19.5 (not sure it that helps), delete the persistent file, or just stick to 0.20.1.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
place safe to 3some tony and maria
Erm ?
hey guys want to ask something i recently downloaded the game and whenever i open it it opens with black bars how can i fix this problem?
If by black bars you mean 1 on each side, the game doesn't support widescreens. Those are normal and will stay there until Patreon votes for the "widescreen" update (pro tip : it's not gonna happen till 2022 at best)

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
For me Debbie's rework update won't be painful, it will be awesome. What's painful for me, is playing .20 and watching Debbie's new artwork and then it changing to the old artwork. It's very jarring for me.
I avoided her this run so it's not that jarring but what was surprising is that's it not just in some old cutscenes, but in my game MC kept getting "something smells good..." in the mornings so I interacted with her in the kitchen and the old asset of Debbie popped up each time I talked to her

redevil70

Sep 2, 2017
Sorry guys Do you know if there is a way through the console to skip the pizza mini-games both to make it and to bring it obviously, thanks.;)

dj1030

Dec 22, 2017
Is the 20.5 update still the completion of the main story line? I donn't want to play 20.0 yet if it's only really a half-finished update.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes