2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
Really? Could you please provide a link to or where they (as in the game developers) provided saves where you could start playing 0.19.5 or 0.19.0?

Mind you I'm 100% willing to be proven wrong.
Right here

and one more

Reactions: manneychin

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
There's none for 0.20 since 0.20.1 is a bugfixed 0.20 and there's not much reason to put out a save for both. And since 0.20.1 came out 2-3 days after 0.20, another reason not to spam Patreon with needless saves

As stated in my last post : the main page 1 gets replaced every new build, there's nothing we can do about it. Maybe if you search hard enough you might stumble upon 1 in a random site with 0 guaratee it won't format your HDD or summon a black hole centered on your house

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
You guys are getting paid?
Funny, I once asked myself that same question. But apparently it's true. I was just asking j4yj4m about the payment model from DarkCookie since I only have 1,704 327 posts. I need to know If I have to step up my posting game if I want a chunk of that tasty Patreon money. DC clearly has enough of it.

Reactions: j4yj4m

banzemanga

Feb 4, 2017
The truth is often times somewhere in the middle.

I would say that it is definitively true, that DarkCookie, is milking people. But i will also say, that he is putting a lot of hard work to it as well. Also, he certainly has taken it easy compared to when he was making the game at the beginning. But everyone does at some point. But it is not like he has been a slouch and not doing any work neither; nor sitting and milking people senselessly.

The problem lies in various things:
-The first one is that he hand draws everything from scratch instead of trying to make reusable assets. I would agree that for the sex scenes and characters, it is most likely best to be make as many new assets and variations as possible. This way, people don't get bored of the sex scenes. However, how many times did he re-draw certain characters and scenes that were already good? I would even argue that some of the older designs were even better. For example, Jenny's eyes rolling back during sex was so hot; but it has now been replaced by average scene.
-Reusable assets are best for environments and furniture. But no, he just wants to hand draw every room and furniture. And all of that takes time. And a lot of these things can be reused and combined in different ways so that they still feel different.
-The keeps making amends to the story-line. Most people are not aware of this because they simply skip forward the story they played before. He keeps making slight changes to a lot of different parts of the story of the game. So, these will certainly create inconsistencies and bugs. So he and his developers will have to hunt down different part of the stories for those changes. But again, nobody complained about the story before and liked them the way they were.

He just keeps "creating" work that is not necessary. I am sure that some of it is because he just like the story or art to go to a certain direction; and I can respect that. But i am also sure that he knows to a certain degree how a lot of it is not needed and he is just doing it to milk people for it. But it is not like he is just sitting back and not doing any work neither.

BPLydia

Jun 2, 2020
Dunno whether this is the right place to put it, but in the scene when you go to the mall with Jenny and meet Grace, even in the patched version you introduce her as your "roommate".
I think she's embarrassed of you being her brother

Dang it

I think I figured it out
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was playing very late at night when I had this idea/theory so who knows

hey ricardo milos funny
He can´t be his father's clone since Debbie said (and I'm not sure tbh) that she never had one that big

Digo099

Oct 13, 2019
I think DC got a little lost when he decided to work on having sex with all the girls in the game and also getting all pregnant, because of that, he is bringing new content that is less necessary, (for example the girl from the car shop) and is forgetting some lines that "started" and did not end, it is not possible that in all these years, Judith will not leave that wank.

Reactions: helljack

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
I think DC got a little lost when he decided to work on having sex with all the girls in the game and also getting all pregnant, because of that, he is bringing new content that is less necessary, (for example the girl from the car shop) and is forgetting some lines that "started" and did not end, it is not possible that in all these years, Judith will not leave that wank.
No DC didn't get lost when repeatedly said for past two years or so the main story update would include Maria, Josephine, Mayor Rump family, and the Russian mob. Also for the millionth time Judith has no because the majority of patrons do not like Judith and wont vote for her

• Sad
Reactions: WSmith and lnppo

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
No DC didn't get lost when repeatedly said for past two years or so the main story update would include Maria, Josephine, Mayor Rump family, and the Russian mob. Also for the millionth time Judith has no because the majority of patrons do not like Judith and wont vote for her
He has forgotten some girls.

The Mia/Helen storyline is incomplete because the MC doesn't get to fuck Angelique so that storyline and that girl have been forgotten.

401Grem

May 14, 2017

The Mia/Helen storyline is incomplete because the MC doesn't get to fuck Angelique so that storyline and that girl have been forgotten.
Is it really this difficult for people to figure out, that the game is far from completion?

Reactions: WSmith

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Judging by the amount of dudes wanting the complete game for yesterday, yes. DC also needs to hire 20 peeps per task/job, cut down his monthly income by 99% and somehow convince over 25k patrons to drop their pledge overnight. Cause reasons

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017

Her story was made years ago when we still had a 6 week update circle and much shorter updates. She was always meant to get another update, even before DC decided to go for the rig system etc.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016

For the love of god DC has forgotten know one. Mia/Hellen needs to be completely reworked and just like Judith none of his Patrons vote for it.

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
For the love of god DC has forgotten know one. Mia/Hellen needs to be completely reworked and just like Judith none of his Patrons vote for it.
Yes, yes, DC can do no fucking wrong.

Let's all suckle at the cock of DC.

He's a bad game designer. He's had to rework how many storylines now? He's had to redo how much artwork now?

I was just pointing out that Angelique seems to have been forgotten. He's left multiple storylines incomplete and yes, I get it, Patrons get what they vote for, but there comes a point when a games designer actually has to take control. He refuses to because that's what gets him his money. That y'all leaped to his defense in light of my innocuous comment shows how cultish this has become.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I was just pointing out that Angelique seems to have been forgotten. He's left multiple storylines incomplete and yes, I get it, Patrons get what they vote for, but there comes a point when a games designer actually has to take control.
I actually agree with this point, the main reason why we still don't have full save compatibility is because he lets patrons decide what he works on. It's cool to have polls to let people decide what characters he works on next, it makes people feel more involved with the game. But there are some things that as a dev he should prioritize.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes