Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
What story ? Her route is done. Only thing you'll get is a remake to have the 3 of them get preg and the dating/prom night stuff.

Reactions: banzemanga

px305

May 6, 2017
Folks are mad about lack of continued content for neglected characters and here I am still wanting more content for the Sister and Aunt...
I feel similarly. I would fucking love if DC spent an update returning to the sister/mom/aunt. Especially sister. She's by far the hottest and there's still so much they could do with her storyline.

Complaining about sister content when is the character with highest number of scenes by far (17 in total) ok... :KEK:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
This goes back to what i said earlier. Most people skip the stories and are looking for new sex scenes. The truth is that for Jenny and Diane, there were almost no new sex scenes but like 90% was changes in story. And having to rewrite the story scenario, making sure they are consistent and having to go back and hunt every little change of the flags and bugs; was probably most of the work. It is real work. Don't get me wrong, i am programmer and i know how painful and nightmarish that is. But, he didn't have to change to story. He could have just added more story or sex scenes and it would have been more productive and everyone would have been happier.
While I'd somewhat agree about Diane, in her case it was mostly about the art and the pregnacy system, I'd quite strongly disagree about Jenny to be honest. Her "story" was an unholy mess of bad quest design (all you did was earning money and handing it to her either directly or via toys), stupid repetitions (countless random showers and hugs at night for no reason and with no indication) and stats grinds (Somrak) which should never have been part of her story in the first place. If anybody objectively needed a proper rewrite to sort things out it was indeed Jenny.

And those who only play the game for the scenes will probably have to admit that they are playing a game that's not 100% suited for their needs. SS has always been story and character heavy, while there are so many other great games which are laser-focussed on scenes and reduce everything else to the necessary minimum.

Last edited:

banzemanga

Feb 4, 2017
While I'd somewhat agree about Diane, in her case it was mostly about the art and the pregnacy system, I'd quite strongly disagree about Jenny to be honest. Her "story" was an unholy mess of bad quest design (all you did was earning money and handing it to her either directly or via toys), stupid repetitions (countless random showers and hugs at night for no reason and with no indication) and stats grinds (Somrak) which should never have been part of her story in the first place. If anybody objectively needed a proper rewrite to sort things out it was indeed Jenny.
Very good point. I agree that Jenny's story did become less intertwined after it was reworked. It still has plenty of intertwined dependency issues but i digress. But i don't think people would have minded a much if they only had to do that the first time. The reason it became such a problem goes back to "save compatibility" again. People had to replay the stories over and again everytime a new version of the game came out (hence the headaches). I also agree that a quite high percentage of people love this game because of the story. And if the save compatibility problem was resolved long ago, there would be no need to rework old stories and just focus on adding new stories.

But since he decided to make the game less intertwined and better, i respect that. For the most part, I am pointing out why it felt to people that he didn't do much work during those parts. When in reality there is so much work behind it. And people don't know about it since they don't re-read the story that they previously played before. Also, I am also pointing out that many of the problems people complain about are valid since it becomes a vicious cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikilande

ALeakyWarthog

Oct 22, 2017
I feel similarly. I would fucking love if DC spent an update returning to the sister/mom/aunt. Especially sister. She's by far the hottest and there's still so much they could do with her storyline.
She has had a lot done for her already, I don't think she needs another major update at least not for a bit but if DC were to do an update where he adds a little bit to multiple already existing story lines instead of an update the focuses purely on one and she happened to get some love that way I wouldn't have an issue with it

• Sad
Reactions: jam2beat and lnppo

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And if the save compatibility problem was resolved long ago, there would be no need to rework old stories and just focus on adding new stories.
In the end it's not that easy, I'd say. Most of the reworks happened for several reasons. First, there's a lot of old content which was written before Cpt. Sploosh joined the team and it shows and second there was a lot of old and pretty bad art around which had to be replaced to reach the certain level and to bring it on the rig system, which was needed to keep the game playable on android. So even if saves would have worked, the reworks would have happened in one way or the other anyway.

Unless of you want to say that DC should have known and planned everything better. I mean, it's a fair point but one has to keep in mind that he started this whole thing to teach himself coding and created a bit of rushed art to have something to work with. Nobody knew during the first 9 to 12 months that it would actually be this successful and when he actually turned the whole thing around and actually focussed more on consistency and quality, the game was already in 14.0 or so.

For the most part, I am pointing out why it felt to people that he didn't do much work during those parts. When in reality there is so much work behind it. And people don't know about it since they don't re-read the story that they previously played before. Also, I am also pointing out that many of the problems people complain about are valid since it becomes a vicious cycle.
That's certainly true. Even Diane's story improved a lot and gained so many neat details, even though the update certanly wasn't the best.

On the upside the line is perfectly clear since 0.17.0. (and to a degree 0.15./0.16.) too, because since that update everything that's new is supposed to stay as it is, while everything before it has and had to be worked on in one way or the other.

PS: The work for the next update is done and it looks like they started testing recently, so the game should be out within a week or so.

Reactions: banzemanga

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
The next update will probably come out soon.

The only downside is that DC seems to be focused on unimportant side-characters no one cares about. Clearly the most interesting content is with the Diane and Jenny (in terms of story and emotional investment) and other prominent characters like Diane, and maybe the neighbor Mia. Fans seem to care about these characters.

But the trend seems to be to focus on the underwhelming content instead. The update after this one will be focus on "Annie," but no one actually cares what happens to her. I doubt anyone cares about the girls the next two updates focus on and they have roughly zero impact on the story. SS is meant to be about story and character investment.

I'm sure some people will say, "But I love the characters that have zero impact and no emotional investment..." LUL

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016

The only downside is that DC seems to be focused on unimportant side-characters no one cares about. Clearly the most interesting content is with the Diane and Jenny (in terms of story and emotional investment) and other prominent characters like Diane, and maybe the neighbor Mia. Fans seem to care about these characters.

But the trend seems to be to focus on the underwhelming content instead. The update after this one will be focus on "Annie," but no one actually cares what happens to her. I doubt anyone cares about the girls the next two updates focus on and they have roughly zero impact on the story. SS is meant to be about story and character investment.

I'm sure some people will say, "But I love the characters that have zero impact and no emotional investment..." LUL
If no one cared about these characters in the upcoming updates they wouldn't have won the poll

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017

Well, he literally did a poll on who people wanted to see updated next, so I think it's not correct to say no one cares about Annie.

Reactions: Lgn332

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

That's a pretty one-dimensional view. I'll take every bet that whatever girl DC does, he will make an interesting story. One that nobody can know about right now. So why should I not be interested in that if I even cannot know what the final story will be like?

And of course, the next updates focus on girls that actually won their polls, so I would not say nobody cares about.

Reactions: jam2beat
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes