srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Again i ask if you are given the same amount on money for doing less work and the same amount of money for more work witch one will you choose? And why shoud he manage his project better if the money keep coming anyway ? New project? Why come whit a new project , new writing material , new art assets , new code/or engine if you can keep doing less work on the current one prolonging the development in to years? More artists ? Why so he has to split the money whit more people? The only reason he got more coders is not because he wants to move the development faster but because he said him self that he is bad at coding and he hates it and probably finds the work too tidious. The irony is that the very people who support the project and showering the developer whit money are actualy dooming the game , becouse at the rate of development it will take 10 years to complete. How come in the beginning the guy had less people working on the game , less parteons , less money income and put out more content? Becouse the dude cared and worked hard so he can build his parteon base. Now he reaps the benefits. At the end im not paying anything for this game and i never whoud seen how this project is lead - 3 upg = 1 year. There are other projects whit more consistent development whit good art , story and gameplay. But at the end of the day its the peoples money they can spent it how they want. My point is that as i said the irony is that by investing more money whit this particular developer who dosnt want to invest them back in development , they are slowing the process of development instead of speeding it up. And maybe this game will never be completet at this rate. I like the game and i hope im not right.
Well something needs to happen becouse whit all the features hes planing and the current rate of development the game will never be finished. Or even worse rushed at the end whit scraping. Its been four years and the game is at v. 0.2.1
And again i dont know the guy but if this is his main source of income he has no interest in completing the game any time soon as long as his income is steady. People say "oh he will just start a new project when he is finished here" . Why risk a new project whit new brand , new ideas , new consepts when you can keep living off the one thats is allready established. Not to mention the creative work requred for coming up whit something new which is just as good or better. Maybe thats the reason why he keeps redoing things that were not bad in the 1st place - art assets , minor gameplay features and such trivial crap no one really cares about . No to mention the constand adding of new side charactes some of witch pointless. Like the Tump family the social comentary and the joke will be long over by the time this game comes out ( if it comes out). Tump probably wont be in office by then or at least devourse Melanian or something. Thats my opinion anyway.
You might want to consider that DC actually has fun making the game. He started providing it for free, and he continues so. He started a Patreon campaign, and it is not his fault that so many people are apparently happy enough to give him all that money.

The principle is: DC provides, people donate. Not the other way round. That is how patreon works.

As another member so rightfully stated: if an international artist (e.g. a famous musician) grows so successful that, instead of only little money he makes millions of dollars per song, you would not really expect him to publish hundreds instead of only one record per year, would you?

DC owes you nothing. Be glad he provides quality updates, regularly, and they in fact really became bigger and better over time -- but, yes, more slowly.

Nemodow

Mar 29, 2019
This is mostly nonsense. He has no reason to stall anything. If SS is completed, he could just start a new project and would still have 99% of the patrons.
Lol. You make it sound as if somebody out there casually opens restaurants, makes them super successful and than sells them in a year or two, than starts over. In 2020. DC would be loosing thousands of $ if he would just jump to the new IP all of the sudden. Maybe he would do that eventually. But why do it sooner? A person with kids would not just GO and remove themselves from the comfort zone and stability. I could bet anything that DC artificially retards the releases, simply for mathematical benefits of doing so. And its his right. Better he does that than going on some sort of 10 year hiatus. I can live without hunterxhunter continuation, i can live without SS ever get finished. But i refuse to eat bullshit from a spoon.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
it is not his fault that so many people are apparently happy enough to give him all that money.

DC owes you nothing. Be glad he provides quality updates, regularly, and they in fact really became bigger and better over time -- but, yes, more slowly.
Now go read again what i typed - "The guy isnt to blame its the finansical model , its a donation - you give money every mont but the person you are donationg to dosnt own you anything - no product , no dead line , nothing . Thats why its donation. Its briliant you get money and you have no pressure to give anything back - you take out content when you feell like it. Every sane person will milk this as long as he can."

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
Lol. You make it sound as if somebody out there casually opens restaurants, makes them super successful and than sells them in a year or two, than starts over. In 2020. DC would be loosing thousands of $ if he would just jump to the new IP all of the sudden. Maybe he would do that eventually. But why do it sooner? A person with kids would not just GO and remove themselves from the comfort zone and stability. I could bet anything that DC artificially retards the releases, simply for mathematical benefits of doing so. And its his right. Better he does that than going on some sort of 10 year hiatus. I can live without hunterxhunter continuation, i can live without SS ever get finished. But i refuse to eat bullshit from a spoon.

My point exacly.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
No one has yet to explain how you milk something that given away for free.
Its not about the product its about the process of making it. By milking i mean that once you established a base of donators aka parteons. You can start swaking off , enjoying the regular money you get every month. And its nothing bad about that the dude worked for, his game is obiously very popilar it and if there are people willing to trow their money for 3 upg per year - hey it suits me i dont give a crap. In fact its better to delay the project intentionaly so you can get money benefits from it for longer. Becouse you get money but you dont have to give enything in return - no hard dead lines , in fact no dead lines at all ,no bar for qulity and quantity of content. As long as the donation base is stable you can take your time. Thats what i mean by milking it. But ofc there is a fine line sooner or later even the most die hard fan can get fed up whit this shit and one day you will wake up whit your parteon dry. Look at the "Spoony one" for example. The dude made thousands of dolars back in the day his videos were great , people even donated a quater of a milion for his "movie" . But the lazy ass stoped doint anything and now he got evicted from his home. Im not saying that this game developer is like that im making an example.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
Its not about the product its about the process of making it. By milking i mean that once you established a base of donators aka parteons. You can start swaking off , enjoying the regular money you get every month. And its nothing bad about that the dude worked for, his game is obiously very popilar it and if there are people willing to trow their money for 3 upg per year - hey it suits me i dont give a crap. In fact its better to delay the project intentionaly so you can get money benefits from it for longer. Becouse you get money but you dont have to give enything in return - no hard dead lines , in fact no dead lines at all ,no bar for qulity and quantity of content. As long as the donation base is stable you can take your time. Thats what i mean by milking it. But ofc there is a fine line sooner or later even the most die hard fan can get fed up whit this shit and one day you will wake up whit your parteon dry. Look at the "Spoony one" for example. The dude made thousands of dolars back in the day his videos were great , people even donated a quater of a milion for his "movie" . But the lazy ass stoped doint anything and now he got evicted from his home. Im not saying that this game developer is like that im making an example.
So you are just jealous of munch money DC makes.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You must be new to this or really not trying hard enough : the last 2-3% is always pure coding. Last 1% is always debug, and that step alone takes at least 1 week. So yeah, it'll stay like that for a while

Reactions: bamvius

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Now go read again what i typed - "The guy isnt to blame its the finansical model , its a donation - you give money every mont but the person you are donationg to dosnt own you anything - no product , no dead line , nothing . Thats why its donation. Its briliant you get money and you have no pressure to give anything back - you take out content when you feell like it. Every sane person will milk this as long as he can."
I've read it. And now? Even if everybody would act the same as you suggest is the only thinkable way to act, do you think stating those facts of live will change anything?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
As mentioned by others, the last two tasks are always bug testing and release preparation, so they won't be closed until right before update drops. One has to keep in mind that they did it the other way round at the start and back then the tracker would be at 100% for a few days, which was certainly worse.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
As mentioned by others, the last two tasks are always bug testing and release preparation, so they won't be closed until right before update drops. One has to keep in mind that they did it the other way round at the start and back then the tracker would be at 100% for a few days, which was certainly worse.
Did they break those up into two separate tasks? I remember that it used to be just the final coding task and we would hover at 99% for a week or two while they bug-tested. They also don't seem to be finding as many bugs this time around, the tracker is only going up by maybe 4 or 5 a day.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Did they break those up into two separate tasks? I remember that it used to be just the final coding task and we would hover at 99% for a week or two while they bug-tested.
As far as I'm aware it's been like that for quite some time, but the percentage depends on the number tasks an update has. The last updates had quite a few more tasks in total, which may mean that two missing tasks still meant 99%.
They also don't seem to be finding as many bugs this time around, the tracker is only going up by maybe 4 or 5 a day.
I guess that may be because it's a clean continuation of the last update without any replacements, etc. and there shouldn't be that much background work, either, apart from replacing the first day/tutorial art.

97% sounds good. Since when? I have holiday in 2 weeks. Let's hope it's ready until then.
They've been testing for some time now, so it should really be out within the next 72h or so if nothing really strange happens.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
I've read it. And now? Even if everybody would act the same as you suggest is the only thinkable way to act, do you think stating those facts of live will change anything?
Hey man chill im stating what i think. People asked me what i ment by "milking" and i gave an opinion. If you dont like it sorry but it dosnt change the way i think. And whats wrong in poiting out something even if its unpopular as an opinion. Of maybe you whoud like the forums to be a merry little "safe" place where we do nothing but prase the developer and its game? If that is the case please tell me and i wont botter writing my opinion any more.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ You could try a better auto-correct or git gud with Google translate, most of what you post is low-tier Engrish

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes