CarolusRex

Jul 10, 2018
Tried to make a save in 20.1 but now my map crashes due to no cookie jar pics.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_40.png'>:
  File "game/scripts/locations/map/map.rpy", line 15, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 364, in main
    player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 268, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen("ui")
IOError: Couldn't find file 'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_40.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script call
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 79, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_house.rpyc", line 16, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_house.rpyc", line 19, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_house.rpyc", line 16, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/mia_s_house/mia_s_entrance/mia_s_entrance.rpyc", line 43, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/locations/map/map.rpy", line 15, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 364, in main
    player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 268, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen("ui")
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Temporary\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_40.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.1
Tue Sep 08 20:09:02 2020

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Funny that the ones shitting on the game and complaining about DC making money are always here day one playing the game for free :)

Btw stop asking for a full save file, there is a link to a thread in the OP for it...

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Solid update, only wish the effort put into Tina and Maria was already done so they could have fleshed out Mel and Iwanka. Iwanka got good amount of attention. Melonia was really lacking sadly because she is put aside to the main story. Consuela last year got more sex scenes than both Rump mother and daughter put together which is a different travesty

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Funny that the ones shitting on the game and complaining about DC making money are always here day one playing the game for free :)))
Even funnier that the ones bitching about how much money devs make are doing it here instead of the Patreon.
If you're not paying why would you care about the money side and if you are paying why are you posting your complaints on a piracy forum?

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Solid update, only wish the effort put into Tina and Maria was already done so they could have fleshed out Mel and Iwanka. Iwanka got good amount of attention. Melonia was really lacking sadly because she is put aside to the main story. Consuela last year got more sex scenes than both Rump mother and daughter put together which is a different travesty
Yep I agree, good update I just hoped they put more content for Iwanka and Melonia (especially her even though she has a variation) instead of a scene for Maria who already has enough as it is. Tina had only one scene so i guess it's ok to put one more.

Even funnier that the ones bitching about how much money devs make are doing it here instead of the Patreon.
If you're not paying why would you care about the money side and if you are paying why are you posting your complaints on a piracy forum?
Yeah not liking the update and all is ok but bitching "lol it's shit" after fapping is kinda sad. Patreons seem to be ok with large gaps between updates, they are the ones who voted for a slower dev in a poll after all so

Reactions: XJ347

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
They probably know they'd get banned within minutes on Discord if they went there and called DC a milking scamlord

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59

bastaose

Apr 9, 2017
people should also realize that dark cookie doesn't make all the money on his patreon, he has an entire team he pays a salary out of that.

Reactions: Dragon59

Hank Moody

Jul 6, 2017
Don't bother, it's the same for pretty much every single popular patreon project.
Every update sucks, every game had so much potential but then went to shit, every dev is just milking it.

Let them bitch, it's not like any dev would read through all of this and take it to heart.
Summertime Saga was a high-quality game back in 2017-2018ish

But the hard truth is that many games have come out since then and exposed Summertime Saga as being subpar.

The only positive of Summertime Saga was the art style but even then its been getting worse and worse with each new update. They even go back and change previous character art and somehow make it worse.

Nothing worse than having your favorite character get redesigned for no reason whatsoever.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Summertime Saga was a high-quality game back in 2017-2018ish

But the hard truth is that many games have come out since then and exposed Summertime Saga as being subpar.

The only positive of Summertime Saga was the art style but even then its been getting worse and worse with each new update. They even go back and change previous character art and somehow make it worse.
Last I checked Summertime Saga was still the #1 pledged adult game on Patreon, so a lot of people seem to disagree with your hard truth.

What similar game would you consider it subpar to?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The update is alright. Just too slow and too little for 4 months. With near 70,000$ a month, DC has more than enough to hire more people. At best updates should take 2-3 months. I stopped being a long time high tier patron last year for this reason. Giving them more money doesn't help anymore
I've also told DC multiple times to get some help on his stream (when i watched them in 2018-19) and he still hasn't gotten a proper artist.

I know that DC didn't ask for this amount of money or support but it doesn't change the fact that it's there and now his responsibility to use that money for the project. He doesn't have to but it is expected of him whether he likes it or not.

This won't stop me from playing and I really like the game but it'd be cool if the input (money) matched the output (updates/content)
His max goal on patreon was 30k it's not his fault people keep giving him money. If he wanted a bigger team he would've hired more people a long time ago. His patrons seem happy with the content they are getting since he doesn't seem to be losing any patrons quite the contrary. So I don't get why people are still bitching about the money he makes. If you're a patron and you feel like he isn't giving you enough content, I get it why you would complain. If you're getting it for free I don't see why it matters so much how much he makes. It doesn't come out of your pocket.

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Yep I agree, good update I just hoped they put more content for Iwanka and Melonia (especially her even though she has a variation) instead of a scene for Maria who already has enough as it is. Tina had only one scene so i guess it's ok to put one more.
Those two were definitely in need of more content but I'm eh on the scenes months later. If I was in charge of story the Rump girls they would get the Eve treatment instead of a Grace and Odette like treatment. They are more unique characters in the Summertime world than given credit, they are the only rich daughter and mother you can win over to bang. Lots of untapped possibilities. You know for sure the updates for only two girls that are that large would take the whole year though. I know others hate that but I prefer the big single character-centric updates we got in the past, and only very few characters have them (Mom, Sis, Diane, Roxxy, Eve)

Reactions: jowishg
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes