DanyD

Mar 3, 2018
Not trying to be one of those jealous devs, but it must be nice to pull in around 63000 per month for doing practically nothing each update. With that kind of money, he could easily hire staff for art and code, and still be sitting pretty with more content flowing each update. He's basically sitting in a chair laughing at Patreons while he draws out the game for as long as possible for more payments by limiting his releases. That's honestly pretty cheap, not at all surprising, though.

They are paying, though. Whether you want to call it that or not is up to the individual, but they're supporting under the premise that they'll see actual work being put into what they're supporting. Kinda like how people hate to pay taxes, but realize that it gives them nice things (and medicaid for most of America). If they wanted to donate, they could just buy him a coffee or send something through devs Paypal. There should be clear signs of effort being put in and there just isn't, especially when you factor in that he's literally making almost $800,000 per year.
peoples gave like a billion to star citizen afterall

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
It would be nice if there was a mod or an alternative choice so that we could have all the women. Instead of having to choose between Tammy and June's or Mia and Helen's.

crimsons

Jun 3, 2019
I get the feeling this update is a two parter since this one ends on a cliffhanger basically (A spoiler somewhat I know.) My guess is the second one comes out next week on the 30th since would make sense since its literally a day before Halloween.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
So a new location and a new character.
Nothing else new. No Principal route yet of that secret entrance at school.
No final grade yet for the Coach, probably saving that for Graduation.
No news about Dexter's return. A final showdown. Anon goes after his mom or landlady.
No news about Roxy. She could finally move in with Anon in the beach house, or somebody could.
No news about Debbie finally getting pregnant or finally taking care of the mob.
No news about nun targeting another sinner. Major Rumps wife comes to mind and Jenny.
A lot of stuff we have yet to see and many new locations yet to be opened.

Last edited:

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
I always see people stuffing their chests and saying, "This game is free," and people are donating, not paying for the game.
Then I wonder, would this "free" game continue if all the supporters stopped "giving"?
Less personal hypocrisy, the game is paid and that's it, whether you accept it or not.
Neither you nor the developer works for free.
I think you're trying to change the concept of free here.
The product is free, because the cost of it for us is 0. This is not questionable
Making the product isn't free for the company. They have to pay salaries and taxes , so if they didn't were getting money they game would not only be free, they would be gifting money.
I'am not saying all the money only goes to costs, but not separate the cmpany from the product would be silly.

No they wouldnt keep making the game if they didn't earn money, AND the game is free, this is not "hypocrisy"

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Not trying to be one of those jealous devs, but it must be nice to pull in around 63000 per month for doing practically nothing each update. With that kind of money, he could easily hire staff for art and code, and still be sitting pretty with more content flowing each update. He's basically sitting in a chair laughing at Patreons while he draws out the game for as long as possible for more payments by limiting his releases. That's honestly pretty cheap, not at all surprising, though.

They are paying, though. Whether you want to call it that or not is up to the individual, but they're supporting under the premise that they'll see actual work being put into what they're supporting. Kinda like how people hate to pay taxes, but realize that it gives them nice things (and medicaid for most of America). If they wanted to donate, they could just buy him a coffee or send something through devs Paypal. There should be clear signs of effort being put in and there just isn't, especially when you factor in that he's literally making almost $800,000 per year.
Yeah, I think it is some major bs DarkCookies or Kompas Productions whatever they are called is making $69,000 a month. They used to put out monthly up days when they were growing. Now it a few months between updates and the content of those updates is hardly anything new. It has been like that for a while now. The goal state that at $3,000 more content. $6,000 Full Time. $10,000 Music and Coding Help. 15,000 Extra Help Lvl 1. $20,000 Extra Help Lvl 2. 25,000 Extra Help Lvl 3. Now making double that they have 7 man team.
Current team members: DarkCookie - Art, Story & Design, strayerror - Code, Catbug - TA & Posing, CaptainSploosh - Dialogue & Writing, AoiichiNiiSan - Music & SFX, Sam9 - Server side & Website, CreamyCookie - HR & Cookie Baker
That is almost $10,000 each month for each member if they split the money equally. Yet they are putting out less content than was being released everyone month back when they were making $15,000 altogether. So yeah it must be nice to get that kind of money to do practically nothing. I have seen devs making way less per month. Putting out more and better quality content.

Aug 19, 2019
But don't forget about what patreon takes from the amount they get plus the taxes they have to pay at some point.
And I am not saying I don't agree with you that they make a lot of money but still there are expenses they have to pay which we know nothing about+taxes + patreon cut.
Also they are still human beings and they need to relax every once in a while.
Edit 2: If you don't like it then don't support them. If you do support them and don't like what they do then comes the question: why do you support them?

Olo77

Oct 2, 2017

U must lookout what u write. I posta 2 time same post about how many they earn in year and both post was deleted!
Let's face it, this is a huge amount of money for such a production and very rare updates.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes